Corbo BASH anyone?

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Red Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Red Wolf » Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:56 pm

Since there are concerns about a late night bash at AWA during the con how about this:

Hold a mini Corbo Bash Thursday night after the AMV dinner.

Obviously this will disclude anyone who won't make it to AWA until Friday or Saturday but there are a lot of people planning on being in town Thursday and going to the dinner. One problem we had with the dinner last year was lack of something to do afterwards. This will take advantage of already having everyone gathered and give us something to do once the restaurant kicks us out for the night. No AWA events will be missed and not a whole lot will be going on Friday until later in the afternoon so sleeping in won't be an issue.

StealthVisions
Org Profile

Post by StealthVisions » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:29 pm

Red Wolf wrote:Since there are concerns about a late night bash at AWA during the con how about this:

Hold a mini Corbo Bash Thursday night after the AMV dinner.

Obviously this will disclude anyone who won't make it to AWA until Friday or Saturday but there are a lot of people planning on being in town Thursday and going to the dinner. One problem we had with the dinner last year was lack of something to do afterwards. This will take advantage of already having everyone gathered and give us something to do once the restaurant kicks us out for the night. No AWA events will be missed and not a whole lot will be going on Friday until later in the afternoon so sleeping in won't be an issue.
That party would have to be sans Corbo...I'm not arriving until close to midnight I think. :\
::takes out his sack of hot nickels::

Red Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Red Wolf » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:18 pm

StealthVisions wrote:That party would have to be sans Corbo...I'm not arriving until close to midnight I think. :\
I was worried about that :? Oh well, next idea?

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:41 pm

Hell, I do 90% of my drinking at AWA at the VAT! Especially with the Friday and Saturday night multi-editor projects and Iron Chef. Everyone's going to be hanging out there anyway, why pack us all into a tiny hotel room? :)

As I recall, Thursday night, there was open alcohol flowing all night while people arrived, said hello to old friends, and watched all of our favorite AMVs on the screen.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:10 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:Hell, I do 90% of my drinking at AWA at the VAT! Especially with the Friday and Saturday night multi-editor projects and Iron Chef. Everyone's going to be hanging out there anyway, why pack us all into a tiny hotel room? :)

As I recall, Thursday night, there was open alcohol flowing all night while people arrived, said hello to old friends, and watched all of our favorite AMVs on the screen.
Hmmm.. So many stories to tell from AWA and now from Otakon as well :wink:

Vlad

KenShimazu
Org Profile

Post by KenShimazu » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:29 am

I'm actually surprised people remembered me from CorboBash 2k1....wow

hrmm...if i ever make it to another one, please remind me to avoid all and any stairs after i start drinking! (btw i'm soooo sorry forgot the EMT who helped me out that night! thank you very much though!)

(oh for those wondering, seems i just shifted my knee cap or something, while limping around Sunday it made a nice loud *CRACK* and started feeling 100% better (then again the Turnpyke really sucked on a stick shift)

had allot of fun, and hope i didn't act too much like a fanboy while absolutely inebreated

Ken
"WOW THIS IS A GREAT VIEW!!" says I
"Yeah just don't trip..." says he
"Don't...AH crap!!!" says I as i roll down MT Fuji....

StealthVisions
Org Profile

Post by StealthVisions » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:09 am

KenShimazu wrote:I'm actually surprised people remembered me from CorboBash 2k1....wow

hrmm...if i ever make it to another one, please remind me to avoid all and any stairs after i start drinking! (btw i'm soooo sorry forgot the EMT who helped me out that night! thank you very much though!)

(oh for those wondering, seems i just shifted my knee cap or something, while limping around Sunday it made a nice loud *CRACK* and started feeling 100% better (then again the Turnpyke really sucked on a stick shift)

had allot of fun, and hope i didn't act too much like a fanboy while absolutely inebreated

Ken
Hey Ken, yea man, you made a good impression 2 yrs ago, so we kept you in mind. My friend Brian was the guy who helped you out. He's an amazing friend, and it was no problem taking care of you. He said you were an awesome lay...err, guy. And yes, Turnpike = Suckage. Hope to see you at AWA Ken, take it easy.

--Corbo
::takes out his sack of hot nickels::

KenShimazu
Org Profile

Post by KenShimazu » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:05 pm

thanks Corbo ^^ unfortunatly i won't make it to AWA due to lack of funds and well... Georga is REALLY far for me to drive down too hehe

hopefully i'll be able to bump it ya'lls at another Con ^^
"WOW THIS IS A GREAT VIEW!!" says I
"Yeah just don't trip..." says he
"Don't...AH crap!!!" says I as i roll down MT Fuji....

RadPro
Org Profile

I remember Ken from Nekocon 2000

Post by RadPro » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:21 pm

We hung out at that con for most of it.
Jumping into the pool fully clothed on a dare, acting incedibly stupid, and all without alcohol as an excuse.

RadPro
Org Profile

Post by RadPro » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:24 pm

I meant me and Ken Shimazu hung out, sorry that didn't come out to clear

Return to “Anime Conventions”