The anime bus to Otakon

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
mckeed
Org Profile

The anime bus to Otakon

Post by mckeed » Tue May 06, 2003 3:15 pm

thinking about getting a MiniVan to go down to Otakon and was wondering if anyone on the route from NYC to Baltimore was interested in catching a ride in the Anime bus. Just a idea right now. Anyone interested.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

iserlohn
Org Profile

Post by iserlohn » Tue May 06, 2003 7:32 pm

If you're coming down from NYC, it's just as time-efficient and about as expensive to just take Amtrak. The route's pretty nice, the trains are clean, and you don't have to deal with parking. Light Rail also goes from the Amtrak station to a couple blocks from the BCC and all the hotels, so getting there shouldn't be hard.

Of course, if you get a buncha other people to chip in on the van it can lower your costs dramatically. I live down south of Baltimore and will be taking Metrobus to BWI and Light Rail to the hotel.
"I'm recording an album tonight. Funny material and laughter will be dubbed in later."
--Bill Hicks

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Re: The anime bus to Otakon

Post by Ashyukun » Tue May 06, 2003 10:19 pm

mckeed wrote:thinking about getting a MiniVan to go down to Otakon and was wondering if anyone on the route from NYC to Baltimore was interested in catching a ride in the Anime bus. Just a idea right now. Anyone interested.
If there are enough of us to make the price good, I'd probably be up for going in on it. Though I don't have reservations for Thursday night at the moment- I was planning on going down Friday morning. Dunno when you'd planned on going.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Wed May 07, 2003 10:13 am

Well, I was planning on going down thursday at some point, but I'm sure we could find you crash space, there is always the floor :) I know i managed to go the whole otakon weekend without a hotel room thanks to a very generous creator that I met there who let me crash on his hotel room floor. I'm going to look up prices and see how much it would be etc for the van. I just think it would be fun to go down togeather as we can talk and hang out, listen to music....etc. I know the train is great. Taken it before as my sis lives in Bethesda. But roadtrips are allways more fun :)
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Fri May 16, 2003 6:48 pm

mckeed wrote:Well, I was planning on going down thursday at some point, but I'm sure we could find you crash space, there is always the floor :) I know i managed to go the whole otakon weekend without a hotel room thanks to a very generous creator that I met there who let me crash on his hotel room floor. I'm going to look up prices and see how much it would be etc for the van. I just think it would be fun to go down togeather as we can talk and hang out, listen to music....etc. I know the train is great. Taken it before as my sis lives in Bethesda. But roadtrips are allways more fun :)
Yeah, just don't use mapquest, lol.

As for me, I live 7 miles from the BCC and will be parking down town from Thursday till Sunday. Why you ask? Besause 1) I'm dumb, 2) Money is no object at Otakon (seriously, I have none, so it literally is NO OBJECT) 3) I might have the need to say.......run home for something, transport the dead body of a cat girl I "met" the previous night, that sorta thing. :twisted:
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head

digitalgod
Org Profile

Yo mckeed !

Post by digitalgod » Thu May 22, 2003 12:53 am

mckeed wrote:Well, I was planning on going down thursday at some point, but I'm sure we could find you crash space, there is always the floor :) I know i managed to go the whole otakon weekend without a hotel room thanks to a very generous creator that I met there who let me crash on his hotel room floor. I'm going to look up prices and see how much it would be etc for the van. I just think it would be fun to go down togeather as we can talk and hang out, listen to music....etc. I know the train is great. Taken it before as my sis lives in Bethesda. But roadtrips are allways more fun :)
I wonder who that generous AMV creator was??? lol. Whats up guys? Its been a LONG time since i posted up anything with school and film projects etc... Anyway I won't be attending this years con because of the lack of presidential assistance, Benjamin F, T. Jefferson, Grant. you get the picture. Plus I got an internship making commercials, documentaries, motion titles etc so thats helping me secure a job after college. I also don't have an entry this year so that's another blow to the anime fan in me. Have fun guys and maybe I'll see you around again next year.

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Thu May 22, 2003 2:14 am

Totally OT.....

digitalgod, are you the same digital god who authored "And The One I Love Is" AMV, Evangelion set to "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls?

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Thu May 22, 2003 7:25 am

yes, he is the same one.

You will be missed. It is cool you are getting internship actually doing video editing as many ppl on this site would like to get into doing what you are doing now. Who am I going to go to the teeny bop J-Rave this year with ;)

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Thu May 22, 2003 6:19 pm

Dude, that music video is like, so cool. I like it alot. And I don't say that about many AMV's.

digitalgod
Org Profile

Teen Bop Rave Dance

Post by digitalgod » Thu May 22, 2003 6:38 pm

Just remember to ask for ages McKeed : P They may look 20+ but ask first.

Return to “Anime Conventions”