Is this chant getting old or what?!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:01 pm

JustinCredible wrote:
ladydx wrote:Sounds like to me that the chair chants gotten just about as annoying as the "WHAT?" chant.. :?
The chant isn't annoying.. just the fact that stupid people started chanting it during promos other than Austin or Angle...
Man I sure am out of the wrestling info circle. I don't even remember any such chants. Then again, I watched about 2 - 3 years ago. Sorry...this post has no real purpose :)
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

JustinCredible
Org Profile

Post by JustinCredible » Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:44 pm

dwchang wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:
ladydx wrote:Sounds like to me that the chair chants gotten just about as annoying as the "WHAT?" chant.. :?
The chant isn't annoying.. just the fact that stupid people started chanting it during promos other than Austin or Angle...
Man I sure am out of the wrestling info circle. I don't even remember any such chants. Then again, I watched about 2 - 3 years ago. Sorry...this post has no real purpose :)
The 'What' chant was born during the invasion angle ( mid summer 2001)when Stone Cold started striving for emotional support and acceptance. Although he was a heel... the crowd so loved his character that they started chanting along with him when he said 'WHAT!'... so during that time period he would pause after every sentence and say 'what'... which he stopped doing once the crowd caught on and started saying the 'What' for him. It was great...

Unfortunately people started doing the 'What' chants during other people's promos. So when they took a breath or a pause... a 'what' would blare out and desrupt them.

Return to “Anime Conventions”