AWA 2013 Dinner

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Re: AWA 2013 Dinner

Post by Unlimited Rice » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:34 pm

I'd like to be added to the list!

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:33 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:I should be able to make the dinner unless something comes up.
You say that every year :nono: , I already added you anyway.

Radical_Yue wrote:I'm pretty sure that if anyone is actually a big enough douchenozzle to skip out on the bill they won't be welcome to attend any future dinners. Not to mention the fact that they'll have to avoid the other 60+ editors who will be at the con the rest of the weekend. I'm pretty sure any of them (including myself) would be more than happy to break DickheadMcGee's legs for attempting to screw Pilk over at the dinner.
In all the years of the dinner, I'm not aware of anyone that's ever skipped out on the bill.
I would think I'd be the first to know anyway. I don't anyone skipped out on RW either, so no real reason to worry. Our groups generally really good, a little drunk but good, and these people look forward to this night (for some rea$$on.) I don't want to even humor the concept of someone doing a dine 'n dash on us.

That said,
xstylus wrote:By the way, how is the bill being handled? At several gatherings I've been to the organizer ended up having to cover some folks who either "forgot" to bring their credit card or just plain disappeared. At a gathering of this size I'd be nervous to be the organizer.
Like Addy and Bashar said, the tickets are handled individually, one of the reasons I like this location. They do add an 18% grat to each bill, but I generally leave a few extra bucks as well. They over-staff just for us, and a group our size is a pretty stressful on the staff and kitchen, so every penny is deserved imho. But they've been good to us, I cant think of any major issues anyone's had there as part of our group.
Last edited by Mr Pilkington on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:35 pm

ALso, this:
Castor Troy wrote:Ditch and you'll get thrown off the Bridge of
ngsilver wrote:mild discomfort.
You're not just old school, you're damn ancient if you get that reference. :beer:

scottanime
The One
Org Profile

Post by scottanime » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:58 am

Ill be there too!
Scott Peterson
NDK AMV Coordinator 2006-2022
Sac Anime AMV Coordinator 2007 & 2010
Fanime AMV Coordinator 2003-2006

Reigna
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Reigna » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Count me in!
Casting white shadows.

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Post by ReggieSmalls » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:59 pm

I'm not gonna lie the cheesecake factory ate up my wallet last year so I may in up walking to the nearest waffle house.
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:00 am

The nearest waffle house is pretty nice, though if you drive down Cobb a little ways there's another one that isn't as busy and the wait staff is awesome. We wind up getting the same guys every year and they remember us :D

Seriously, half the fun of AWA for me is all the food in the area I don't get normally at home :D
ImageImageImageImage

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:46 am

ngsilver wrote:The nearest waffle house is pretty nice, though if you drive down Cobb a little ways there's another one that isn't as busy and the wait staff is awesome. We wind up getting the same guys every year and they remember us :D

Seriously, half the fun of AWA for me is all the food in the area I don't get normally at home :D

Yes, I have been spoiled on the local cuisine as well. The weekend is usually as follows from arrival to departure:

Thursday:

Waffle House
Cheesecake Factory

Friday:
Marietta Diner

Saturday:
Sonny's Ribs

Sunday:
I think we went to the tilted kilt, but that was more of a post-con amv dinner

Monday:
We tried a new place, a buffet diner, cannot remember the name but the food was good.

I easily spend about $150 on food for the days that I'm there, most going towards steaks/ribs.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:17 am

I've kicked myself for not looking for a good rib place down there yet. I must be shown the way.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Picadilly Cafe in Marrietta is the place SD

Bashar, you should really try Sonny's. It's just up Cobb a few miles. It's in the Walmart out lots just beyond the Marrietta Diner. Pretty good BBQ though I'm not a big fan of their sauces myself, but the pork tastes awesome without it! The only issue is that by the time we usually get out there on Saturday night they will be out of Brisket.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Anime Conventions”