Super informal survey timez

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Super informal survey timez

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:39 am

Hey guys, help me with my homework? :D

So I'm building a public relations plan using our local anime convention as a model and part one of my objectives is to boost attendance over the weekend/bring in more people from out of town ...

I already have some ideas, but want to cover my bases from an attendee perspective, so for anyone who has ever attended a convention or wants to attend one, if you share your insights with me that would be awesome :D Any or all, would be super and really help me out. Lotsa details or basic replies all appreciated!

1) Your main reason for attending an anime convention
a) guests
b) meeting other fans/connecting with people
c) video programming
d) dealer's room
e) cosplay/artist alley
f) other:___________

2) How do you typically find out about said convention? (Advertisements? Word of Mouth? The Interwebs? Spidey senses?)

3) Are there any conventions you attended in the past you would not attend again? Why?

4) For any vendors/artists/people who sell their stuff, what factors make you want to sell stuff at a particular convention? And what turned you off from applying?

5) Describe your favourite convention experiences ... which ones do you frequent and what brings you back?

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: Super informal survey timez

Post by Ileia » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:01 am

1. b...and kinda f? I go to visit with friends and I only go for AMV-related activities
2. Word of mouth, yeah
3. That depends on if ACen gets their AMV act together.
4. N/A
5. AWA is really good to AMVs. Since that's why I go to cons, I want to go back. I can sit in the AMV room all weekend.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Re: Super informal survey timez

Post by Zanzaben » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:33 am

1) b,d, f:AMV stuff
2) http://animecons.com/events/map.shtml I find all the ones close to me on this map
3) No I have enjoyed all that I have attended so far
4) I dont' sell Stuff
5) I really love Otakon because of how much stuff they have, there are so many panels that there is usually at least 1 at any time that I want to attend. I also greatly enjoy AMV stuff but this entire site will be bias to that.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

Return to “Anime Conventions”