AWA Editors Roast 2012

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: AWA Editors Roast 2012

Post by ngsilver » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:The magic word(s) is "testosterone shot," but a box of crackers will suffice in a pinch
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!?!?!!?!?
ImageImageImageImage

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:16 pm

ngsilver wrote:
Mr Pilkington wrote:The magic word(s) is "testosterone shot," but a box of crackers will suffice in a pinch
That's what she said...lol
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:46 pm

ngsilver wrote:
Well, you see, sometimes Lunchables.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:The problem is the guest needs some time to build his/her retort. I could make the window smaller. Say, practice mid-day with final that evening. This would basically force that to happen anyway. There has been other stated interest in the Thursday night project and a lot of "meh" from that I am hearing. I'd like to build this into an annual event for AWA that you guys can come to enjoy. It's been rocky, but I think we're on our way to a winning recipe. Any more input?

Video will hopefully be up this weekend.

People that are roast possibilities:
  • MJ
  • Tommy & Sommer :ying:
  • Ileia (I want to make this happen some day)
  • Kewp
  • dicknugget
  • Sommer by herself
  • ??
Who do you guys want to see?
I love roasts, I would happily sit up there and take the punishment. You could pretty much rip this to shreds for several hours...

http://youtu.be/f5zHTNnIvAY

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:The problem is the guest needs some time to build his/her retort. I could make the window smaller. Say, practice mid-day with final that evening. This would basically force that to happen anyway. There has been other stated interest in the Thursday night project and a lot of "meh" from that I am hearing. I'd like to build this into an annual event for AWA that you guys can come to enjoy. It's been rocky, but I think we're on our way to a winning recipe. Any more input?

Video will hopefully be up this weekend.

People that are roast possibilities:
  • MJ
  • Tommy & Sommer :ying:
  • Ileia (I want to make this happen some day)
  • Kewp
  • dicknugget
  • Sommer by herself
  • ??
Who do you guys want to see?
I forsee this being a problem.

One you put a HUGE time constraint on basically everything that day, getting badges, rehearsing, making certain we are back from dinner on time, prepping the room. This is especially true if you want to have a rehearsal the same day which a lot of editors don't get there till pretty close to dinner, and we lose some people to VAT setup (Jingoro, Vlad and Brakus to name three). Any editors coming in late won't make a rehearsal and I don't like the idea of having dinner while obsessively watching a clock.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:11 pm

I nominate Todd/Fallchild, but he'll see it as more of a tribute.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:53 pm

I don't know what the logistics of this would entail, but perhaps the solution here would be to turn the roast into a part of the dinner. Of course to do this we most likely wouldn't be able to hold the roast/dinner in any specific restaurant, instead it would need to be some time of rented space most likely and then the dinner would need to be brought it from somewhere.

So yeah, it's a lot of extra planning and what not that would need to go into this. But I think this is eventually where this kind of an event would naturally progress especially if we are to make this into a staple event for AWA each year.
ImageImageImageImage

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:08 pm

ngsilver wrote:
That about sums up all the roast rehearsals.
ImageImage

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:33 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:
ngsilver wrote:
That about sums up all the roast rehearsals.
F***TARD! :asd:
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm

ngsilver wrote:I don't know what the logistics of this would entail, but perhaps the solution here would be to turn the roast into a part of the dinner. Of course to do this we most likely wouldn't be able to hold the roast/dinner in any specific restaurant, instead it would need to be some time of rented space most likely and then the dinner would need to be brought it from somewhere.

So yeah, it's a lot of extra planning and what not that would need to go into this. But I think this is eventually where this kind of an event would naturally progress especially if we are to make this into a staple event for AWA each year.
Don't pretend like you didn't overhear our master plan :nono:

Actually this would be a lot of fun imho. I figure there are some people that might not been keen on the roast so we'd give an hour to seat, eat and mingle, then circa 9 put on the show. There are 2 major issues with this as stated before:

First and most important, would we be able to get people to stay for the roast in roughly the same numbers we pull for dinner? Would an event like this be a "selling point" so to speak on getting more people to AWA? I really want to hear answers on this one because it will make/break a lot of how next years event goes down.

2nd is setup like Sean pointed out. But that's something Jingoro, Vlad and I would have to work out. Don't worry about that yourselves, that my job as the coordinator.

Return to “Anime Conventions”