AWA 2012 Editors Dinner (Sept 27th)

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

AWA 2012 Editors Dinner (Sept 27th)

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:07 pm

It's coming upon that time again!

Most of you know the the format so I'm going to belay the wall-o-text and just say, per usual 8pm is the meet time in the lobby of the Renaissance Waverly under the big plastic phallus. It's a meet 'n greet people! Wander, mingle, fondle, what have you. We're all editors here, no need to act shy, Shin. Likewise no need to mark your territory, Kit :nono: All I ask is that you not drag along an entourage, try to keep it to 1 guest per editor. If you have a spouse and a friend or any combo of +2's, PM me and I'll more than likely okay it. Children can be left in the care of Chaosprojects, who will be running a weekend long daycare in his pants.

EDIT: So I've been told I forgot to post the actual time for the reservation. Per usual I set it for 9. That give us a bit to meet/greet then at the half we'll embark.
Portions are huge so come hungry!

The Cheesecake Factory is really excited to have us back but I know some of you have voiced concerns. This year I have been in talks with the other restaurants in that area who are interested in taking up our business. I am working with the chefs and mangers of these establishments to come up with menu options that will both satiate our taste-buds and our wallets! So this year I leave it, once again, up to a vote. Below are the restaurants in question, menus and any other needed info. I need to know by Aug 15th, just over a month from today, which restaurant wins our business so that I can set up our event for epic winning.

Just post which restaurant you prefer. Since I can't seem to add a real poll, I'll have to manually count votes.

1.) The Cheesecake Factory (menu)
These guys have been playing host to our little get-together for several years now and are more than happy to oblige. The prices we all know well and per usual they will give us the full compliment of menu options with our own little disaster area corner in the back of the dinning room secluded from the normal people. Portions are pretty big, 2 people can easily share an entree.

2.) P.F.Changs (menu)
These guys have added a party room right up front since last I scouted locations! Usually a bit on the pricey side the Chef, manager and I are working on a menu that will be more in the $15-20 range for entree and soft drinks. Keep in mind this does not include tax, gratuity or bar beverages; all of these will be extra. Next door to Cheesecake, easy walk

3.) Maggiano's Little Italy (menu)
In b4 ragekip. All the Americanized pasta and cheese and cheap wine one can consume! This is probably one of the nicer establishments in terms of isolated seating. They have a HUGE banquet hall that divides 3 ways. We'd get pick based on attendance and I'd need all RSVPs in sooner with this option. I'm working with the event coordinator to make a menu, will either be pasta bar or custom. Either way, entree and soft drink will be about $20/person. Again tax, gratuity and alcohol will be in addition.Next door to Cheesecake, easy walk

4.) Cinco's (menu)
Mexican food mang! Went jere a few months back, the food was tolerable. I won't lie, for the cost I wasn't blown away, but that was one visit and I know people will rage if I don't throw in the Mexican option, mang. Like Maggiano's entree and soft drink will be about $20/person, tax, gratuity and alcohol will be in addition. Now, if we do get enough people I might be able to secure epic party balcony rather than the glass cave indoors, mang! Plus I'll get to add a signature $5 cocktail for yonder evening festivities, mang! Party option, food secondary. Shorter walk from the hotel but requires crossing the street, mang.

5.) Buckhead Pizza (menu)
It's Pizza, what more to say? Cost depends on the pizza, but no where near as expensive as the other 4. No epic party nook like the other 4 either. They do have a nice set and we could easily set aside a corner to ourselves. Not as nice as the rest seclusion-wise, but price and distance are much easier. Walking distance? It's right in the Gallaria attached to the hotel.
Last edited by Mr Pilkington on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Mr Pilkington
Org Profile

Re: AWA 2012 Editors Dinner (Sept 27th)

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Also, per usual if you're going to attend RSVP here. Just say "HOLY HAPPY HORSE POOP! YAYWA!!" so I can tell the attendance from the trolls.
Not to sully the list but CBR will be in full effect!

List to date:
  1. Mr. Pilkington
  2. Mrs. Pilkington
  3. Addy
  4. +1
  5. Ghet
  6. Toothpic :ying:
  7. Chaosprojects
  8. Jingoro
  9. Foreveralone Wolf
  10. Modkip Plushy
  11. drewaconclusion
  12. dicknugget
  13. fall_child42
  14. ngsilver
  15. Ruu-chan
  16. SailorDeath
  17. aesling
  18. BasharOfTheAges
  19. kireblue
  20. Shin-AMV (NEW AND IMPROVED!)
  21. +1
  22. ZephyrStar
  23. +1
  24. +2
  25. ReggieSmalls
  26. LantisEscudo
  27. slackergirl
  28. GQ
  29. KyleIchiNi
  30. +1
  31. Fay-Sa
  32. Haunter103
  33. +1
  34. Brakus
  35. Ileia
  36. Copycat
  37. Kit
  38. meleechampion
  39. Replay
  40. Lord Rae
  41. Zavulon
  42. +1
  43. GuntherAMVs
  44. RAWdangers
  45. irriadin
  46. Kiki
  47. Andre
  48. Phil
  49. freya13
  50. VicBond007
  51. Omar
  52. +1
  53. +1
  54. yonderdigitalmanatarms
  55. thebinarymaiden
  56. Cenit
  57. JCD
  58. Warlike Swans
  59. inthesto
  60. JazzsVids
  61. +1
  62. Jefferys
  63. l33twad
  64. Zarxrax
  65. -Corsair-
  66. +1
  67. Vlad
  68. and his cronies
  69. YOU! :awesome:

and maybe a couple of people who can't read

The restaurant votes: [ CLOSED ]
Winner! - Cheesecake A bunch of folks

Looooooosers:
Maggiano's 3
PF Changs 4
Pizza 1
Bridge of Death potluck 1
I can choke it down? It's not likely to kill me? ½
Cinco's 0
Last edited by Mr Pilkington on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:32 am, edited 54 times in total.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Might as well post since i already bought the airfare and hotel room. Any of the first 3 are fine with me. If i had to choose just one, i'd say #3 - they were pretty good when I went there last. And their waitstaff have impeccable taste in t-shirts.

EDIT- I can read, I just choose not to play your silly games :awesome:
Last edited by BasharOfTheAges on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Count me as a definite, and +2 possibly.

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:05 pm

I'll be there! :up: With less shyness this time too <.<

Mr Pilkington
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Confusion, :|
You say coming, but no secret words

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Of course I'll be there. And I'm perfectly OK with cheesecake factory.

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:24 pm

I'll be there this year.

ImageImage

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:26 pm

+1 Dicknugget

HOLY HAPPY HORSE POOP! YAYWA!!
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Lone Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Lone Wolf » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:46 pm

Forget being forever alone, I just might bring +1 lady friend! Gotta do some planning with her.

I'm totally up for using MegaVan V for transportation of all of the Florida editors. I gotta get in contact with Rozard, AquaSky, and the like if you don't beat me to it.

Mycathatesyou, good to see you back again this year! Just try not to get stuck with JCD as your partner for card game time again. :rofl:
Lone Wolf's AMV Pimpage:

Return to “Anime Conventions”