Animazement 2012 AMV Dinner (Canceled)

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime conventions, and for the exchanging of rides to, and rooms at, conventions.
User avatar
l33tmeatwad
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:22 pm
Status: Trolling
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Animazement 2012 AMV Dinner (Canceled)

Postby l33tmeatwad » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Wasn't a lot of interest for this, maybe next year... :bear:
Last edited by l33tmeatwad on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Guides, Scripts, & Software: AMV 101 | AMVpack | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:04 am
Status: 3D
Location: The Laboratory
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Animazement 2012 AMV Dinner

Postby ZephyrStar » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:23 am

Hmmm nyes nyes... might I suggest The Pit? Some of the best BBQ I've ever had, and I believe within walking distance of the hotel.

User avatar
l33tmeatwad
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:22 pm
Status: Trolling
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Animazement 2012 AMV Dinner

Postby l33tmeatwad » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:35 am

ZephyrStar wrote:Hmmm nyes nyes... might I suggest The Pit? Some of the best BBQ I've ever had, and I believe within walking distance of the hotel.

Ah yes, I've been there before, I should have thought of that place sooner...was planning to ask some of my friends who go downtown more often for suggestions, lol...
Guides, Scripts, & Software: AMV 101 | AMVpack | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:33 pm
Status: =w=
Location: Double Rainbow World
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Animazement 2012 AMV Dinner

Postby GuntherAMVs » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:00 pm

Ah, this would be cool~
My parents would probably tag along though, which would be kind of a bummer =_= xD
But maybe you'll find me running around the con if I can't do dinner ^_^
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

User avatar
l33tmeatwad
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:22 pm
Status: Trolling
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Animazement 2012 AMV Dinner (Canceled)

Postby l33tmeatwad » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Wasn't a lot of interest for this, maybe next year... :bear:
Guides, Scripts, & Software: AMV 101 | AMVpack | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
kireblue
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Animazement 2012 AMV Dinner (Canceled)

Postby kireblue » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:06 am

The problem is that this happens on Thursday. I'd love to go, but I don't want to pay for a extra night in the hotel. It would actually make more sense for the dinner to happen Saturday evening after the AMV contest, and before Iron Editor. I remember that Otakon 2010 had a 2.5 hour gap between the two events.

User avatar
l33tmeatwad
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:22 pm
Status: Trolling
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Animazement 2012 AMV Dinner (Canceled)

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:44 am

kireblue wrote:The problem is that this happens on Thursday. I'd love to go, but I don't want to pay for a extra night in the hotel. It would actually make more sense for the dinner to happen Saturday evening after the AMV contest, and before Iron Editor. I remember that Otakon 2010 had a 2.5 hour gap between the two events.

Well, they don't have IE at Animazement...and there isn't really a good time DURING the con to get people together. Anyways, I figured I'd have people that went to preregistration Thursday interested (considering it's late in the day), but apparently not many people fro the org are gonna be there Thursday night, and I didn't bother posting anything on the AZ forums.
Guides, Scripts, & Software: AMV 101 | AMVpack | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
kireblue
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Animazement 2012 AMV Dinner (Canceled)

Postby kireblue » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:40 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:
kireblue wrote:The problem is that this happens on Thursday. I'd love to go, but I don't want to pay for a extra night in the hotel. It would actually make more sense for the dinner to happen Saturday evening after the AMV contest, and before Iron Editor. I remember that Otakon 2010 had a 2.5 hour gap between the two events.

Well, they don't have IE at Animazement...and there isn't really a good time DURING the con to get people together. Anyways, I figured I'd have people that went to preregistration Thursday interested (considering it's late in the day), but apparently not many people fro the org are gonna be there Thursday night, and I didn't bother posting anything on the AZ forums.

I actually wasn't even thinking and just pasted part of the conversion that I was having with MycathatesyouAMV. I actually meant to post that in the Otakon dinner thread :sweat:


Return to “Anime Conventions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest