AWA Editor's Dinner 2011

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime conventions, and for the exchanging of rides to, and rooms at, conventions.

Re: AWA Editor's Dinner 2011

Postby Bongu-san » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:31 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:Leave for eats! ~ 8:30: A short walk across the street, no big.
We are actually suppose to say "across the bridge" this year after some people actually did (try) to cross the street last year. Big Fail!

I am in the same boat as Quu and Gloryquestor (dependent on setup) so I will come if able.
Bongu-san

Postby Quu » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:18 am

Bongu is right... some people were struck by a vehicle crossing the street last year... so it is always "across the bridge" or "over the bridge"...
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines
Quu

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:26 pm

I am trying to go
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Postby SailorDeath » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Quu wrote:Bongu is right... some people were struck by a vehicle crossing the street last year... so it is always "across the bridge" or "over the bridge"...

Aw but I want to watch people play a live action version of frogger.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....
SailorDeath

Postby Kariudo » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:49 am

I'd love to show up late again due to bus drivers eating dinner in the middle of their routes, 3 hour layups in St.Louis due to weather, or that other thing that made me late that one other time...but yeah, money and stuff.
D:

mebbe someone can find a pizza plushy to stand in for me?
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby kireblue » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Kariudo wrote:I'd love to show up late again due to bus drivers eating dinner in the middle of their routes, 3 hour layups in St.Louis due to weather, or that other thing that made me late that one other time...but yeah, money and stuff.
D:

Was it the #12 bus? They do that all day and everyday.
MomoCon's 2014 AMV Contest will be accepting entries until Monday, April 28th, 2013
kireblue

Postby Mr Pilkington » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:27 am

Quu wrote:Bongu is right... some people were struck by a vehicle crossing the street last year... so it is always "across the bridge" or "over the bridge"...

Then veterans assume the bridge of death, and.... well.....
Besides, its the Darwinian way. :up: And if they get separated from the group, a few casualties will only strengthen the collective.

That aside, of course staff always has an open invite. It's always fun to have you guys there, plus it's a great time to relax after a full day of hard labor.
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina
Mr Pilkington

Postby Kariudo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:25 am

kireblue wrote:
Kariudo wrote:I'd love to show up late again due to bus drivers eating dinner in the middle of their routes, 3 hour layups in St.Louis due to weather, or that other thing that made me late that one other time...but yeah, money and stuff.
D:

Yep, #12 indeed
For future reference, is there a better route (from the airport) than the rail to N4 and then the #12 bus out to the mall?
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby Kitsuner » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:12 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:

Then veterans assume the bridge of death, and.... well.....
Besides, its the Darwinian way. :up: And if they get separated from the group, a few casualties will only strengthen the collective.

Anime Weekend Atlanta 17: Return To Carrabba's
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby kireblue » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Kariudo wrote:
kireblue wrote:
D:

Yep, #12 indeed
For future reference, is there a better route (from the airport) than the rail to N4 and then the #12 bus out to the mall?

yes. The #12 (MARTA) bus takes about 45+ minutes to get to the mall from Midtown station. (Also, please remember that the route has recently changed. The #12 bus doesn't go to Midtown station anymore, but it now goes to Arts Center station.) So all you have to do is to take the northbound (MARTA) train for an additional stop.

But in order to get there faster, you can take the #10 (CCT) bus. It also leaves from Arts Center station, and will get you to the mall in about 10 minutes. And even though the northbound (MARTA) train and the #10 (CCT) bus are operated by different companies; if you "tap" your MARTA card on the exit side of the train station gate, your card will be credited with 1 free transfer which can be used on either a MARTA or CCT bus.

*It is important to remember that none of the CCT buses operate on Sundays though. So for the ride back to the airport, you will need to take the #12 (MARTA) bus.
MomoCon's 2014 AMV Contest will be accepting entries until Monday, April 28th, 2013
kireblue

Postby Mr Pilkington » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:57 am

Kariudo wrote:
kireblue wrote:
D:

Yep, #12 indeed

In 2157 we're projected to finally start the light rail project, of course by then we'll all have flying segways.
And in 5295 they'll finally have a solid plan for the "yellow with blue polka-dots" color coded MARTA heavy rail up I-75! (Just in time for technology to obsolete travel altogether.)

Till then the best route is the same everyone locally relies on: Car jacking. Srsly, the airport has it's own lane for it these days.
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina
Mr Pilkington

Postby Ileia » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:04 pm

Because of how late we'll be arriving for dinner, and how big of a group we are, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a look at the online menu beforehand to get an idea of what you might like to order.

http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu/
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby SailorDeath » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:37 pm

I want the Steak Tartar Cheesecake
SailorDeath

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:36 am

I literally just eat like 2 buttered buns.
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Postby SailorDeath » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:54 am

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:I literally just eat like 2 buttered buns.

Buttered buns garnished with....

A HAM
SailorDeath

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Conventions