AWA Editor's Dinner 2011

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime conventions, and for the exchanging of rides to, and rooms at, conventions.

Re: AWA Editor's Dinner 2011

Postby Mr Pilkington » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:44 pm

I fail to understand which part of my easy 4 step program to wealth and happiness wasn't clear to you
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina
Mr Pilkington

Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!

Postby Waldo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:12 pm

I'll be there for dinner as well. Someone needs to give Pat a run for his money on finishing an entire entree.
Omar Jenkins
Waldo's Magic Ink
Iron Editor Coordinator
Waldo

Postby Quu » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:49 pm

I am sorry I did not make it... new tech...
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines
Quu

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Had fun meeting everyone at the con, hope that next time I get a chance to talk to the editors I didn't get to talk to this time :)
Guides, Scripts, & Software: AMV 101 | AMVpack | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
l33tmeatwad

Postby kireblue » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:21 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Had fun meeting everyone at the con, hope that next time I get a chance to talk to the editors I didn't get to talk to this time :)

same here
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby Kitsuner » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Despite intermittent headache/migraine problems (perhaps exacerbated by having many strong drinks last night....>_>), it was a pretty good AWA. It was good catching up with the Pilks a little bit, and some of the other locals that I don't get to see often. :D

- Ileia (On Kit's laptop, we are still on the road)
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi All,

Just got back! Soprry I was not able to attewnd the Dinner, but as we got statred a bit late, it took longer to setup everything!

Overall I had a lot of fun and will be back

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:40 pm

This was all really nice for my first AWA. It was very nice getting to meet and talk with some of you guys. I will really try and go next year. I didn't get to talk with everyone and would like to next time. I really wanna say thanks to Pilk for setting this up and Tono for helping me with a room. Without you guys this trip wouldn't of happened. Pilk was a real nice guy, eh did a good job at getting me involved with things, and doesn't afraid of 3 straight hours of hentai amvs. Hopefully next year I can not fail to submit past the deadline for a contest. Also, maybe my skills at playing Time's Up will be better, and I won't be so tired at 4 am while sitting there derping out the ass as hard as possible. Thanks, all.
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Postby Shin-AMV » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:24 pm

I had a great time and it was pretty awesome to get to match faces with names. I checked out all the creator spotlights and thought they were fun. I'll definately attend next year and will try to mingle more, wanted to talk to a bunch of you but didn't know what to say or how to approach some of you at all and I was hoping people would just come up to me and introduce themselves, but I have a feeling some of you felt the same way lol. Anyways, thanks again to everyone I met/talked too/stood around awkwardly :P It was fun. :bzz:
Shin-AMV

Postby Mr Pilkington » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:44 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Image

That's why I yanked you into the conversation Thursday night. Most of us see each other only once or twice during the year so that night becomes catch up time. Also congrats on your many wins! :up: :mrgreen:
Apparently you still have a pretty good distance to go before you match Ileia though :p

Ileia wrote:Despite intermittent headache/migraine problems (perhaps exacerbated by having many strong drinks last night....>_>), it was a pretty good AWA. It was good catching up with the Pilks a little bit, and some of the other locals that I don't get to see often. :D

For serious! Next year I hope to not be running around as much and has more time to hangout. That and I came home with too much booze. The rest of CBR only drinks chick drinks so the good stuff is still sitting :(

How did everyone like the restaurant this year?
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina
Mr Pilkington

Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!

Postby Ileia » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:02 pm

Don't you knock my chick drinks, Pilk! Next year, you'll have to have some of the girly drinks that me and Todd make. They are 3/4 alcohol and so sweet and fruity, you'd never tell. Peggy had one, then announced that she was drunk. And I believe her, she's a doctor.

And, yes, next year we'll just head down earlier and hang out in Atlanta with you. Oh, that reminds me, we figured out how we can get the usual Chicago crew to come back to AWA again.

Next year's roast: Koopiskeva.
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby The Wired Knight » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:31 pm

So despite getting trapped in Atlanta overnight due to flying standby I finally made it home.

Awsome AWA, got to talk to a few editors I haven't spoken to before. Sorry I couldn't join in playing Times Up on Saturday night, the vodka laced cake had me feeling ill till I got food in my stomach again. Thanks to Addy and Rozard for providing me food to assist in that. Congrats to the winners, enjoyed hanging out with everyone. Irritatingly I've got work tommorow so we'll see how well that goes, I think I've had at most 15 hours of sleep since last Wed.

FYI I'll be working with Pilk to improve teh roast for next year. For a first time event I think it went off rather well so we will be working to improve it for next year. I've got a few ideas as to who to roast but once again expect it to be a surprise.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Postby kikai_saigono » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:41 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:I had a great time and it was pretty awesome to get to match faces with names. I checked out all the creator spotlights and thought they were fun. I'll definately attend next year and will try to mingle more, wanted to talk to a bunch of you but didn't know what to say or how to approach some of you at all and I was hoping people would just come up to me and introduce themselves, but I have a feeling some of you felt the same way lol. Anyways, thanks again to everyone I met/talked too/stood around awkwardly :P It was fun. :bzz:

It was awesome meeting you! I caught the end of the creator's panel when you were up, and I seriously could not be more in love with your Mahou Shoujo Requiem video, even though I'm a seriously not a fan of Madoka Magica whatsoever.

Oh and congrats on the awards you took away! :)
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.
kikai_saigono

Postby JCD » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:20 am

So much fun was had during that weekend, it made the whole expensive flight totally worth it. It was so great meeting everyone (again)!

I'll try to be back next year, and decide a little earlier, so I can hold a panel once more!
JCD
Lord of the Dance

Postby Ghet » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:48 am

AWA made me come back on the org. that's probably a bad thing.
Ghet

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Conventions