AWA Editor's Dinner 2011

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime conventions, and for the exchanging of rides to, and rooms at, conventions.

Re: AWA Editor's Dinner 2011

Postby Pwolf » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:33 pm

Everyone who moves to the south becomes a hick.

Also, how does moving a lot make someone defensive? That's just stupid.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby kikai_saigono » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:51 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:lol, my comment wasn't an insult, it was more of a "ahh" moment as there are cultural differences depending on where you are from (while it may only be slight, there are some differences even within the US).

Nah, your comment just irked me because I hate when fellow southerners perpetuate those stereotypes ("You talk like someone from da north!") about other southerners. I also don't think that cultural differences include being more sensitive to taking offense to things.

I also don't agree with the staying in a place for more than 6 months. After being born and raised in the south (Georgia and Tennessee) and then moving up here to Chicago, I haven't lost my southern roots and cultural tendencies, and I've been here a little over a year. Sure, I may not have as thick of an accent as I normally do, but as soon as I go back home to visit my accent comes back out full force. :P
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.
kikai_saigono

Postby Pwolf » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:00 pm

kikai_saigono wrote:
l33tmeatwad wrote:lol, my comment wasn't an insult, it was more of a "ahh" moment as there are cultural differences depending on where you are from (while it may only be slight, there are some differences even within the US).

Nah, your comment just irked me because I hate when fellow southerners perpetuate those stereotypes ("You talk like someone from da north!") about other southerners. I also don't think that cultural differences include being more sensitive to taking offense to things.

I also don't agree with the staying in a place for more than 6 months. After being born and raised in the south (Georgia and Tennessee) and then moving up here to Chicago, I haven't lost my southern roots and cultural tendencies, and I've been here a little over a year. Sure, I may not have as thick of an accent as I normally do, but as soon as I go back home to visit my accent comes back out full force. :P

You sound defensive, perhaps you've been moving too much?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:02 pm

Pwolf wrote:Everyone who moves to the south becomes a hick.

Also, how does moving a lot make someone defensive? That's just stupid.

Not sure, never studied psychology much, but it's just something I've noticed from all of the people that I have met in that same boat. I assume this conversation can only go downhill though, as people tend to not like "generalizations" about people because of where they are from. I will say this however, it's not really a bad thing, if you don't adapt to where you live, you don't fit in, and if you don't fit in, you don't make a lot of friends. I'm not afraid to admit that I've noticed changes in little things in how I act each time I've moved to different areas, but overall it's not really a negative thing.

kikai_saigono wrote:

Never said you loose the roots, but small things in how you interact with others do often tend to get "tweaked." It's usually not accent, but the way you "joke" and "relate" to others. When you go home, you do tend to revert, but while you are where you live and online, the area you are at tends to be your default mindset.

I won't be replying any more on this subject as people tend to get really offended for some reason even if you aren't saying things in a negative way. I apologize for offending anyone as I was not saying anything that I said with the intention of being rude or talking down to anyone.
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
l33tmeatwad

Postby ZephyrStar » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:11 pm

Space Ghost: "hah hah, 'yall,' where'd you learn to talk like that?"
Zorak: "Hattiesburg."
Space Ghost: "what were you doing in Hattiesburg?"
Zorak: "KICKIN' IT."

:shark:
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby kikai_saigono » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:12 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote: people tend to get really offended for some reason even if you aren't saying things in a negative way.

I know! What's up with that.
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.
kikai_saigono

Postby Radical_Yue » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:20 pm

I MOVED TO COLORADO! I AM DEFENSIVE!

*punches l33tmeatwad in the face*
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:I DON'T HAVE GOOD READING COMPREHENTION SKILLS AND QUICKLY MAKE A COMMENT THAT FAILS TO GO WITH WHAT I READ!

*fixed*
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
l33tmeatwad

Postby Radical_Yue » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:28 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:I DON'T HAVE GOOD READING COMPREHENTION SKILLS AND QUICKLY MAKE A COMMENT THAT FAILS TO GO WITH WHAT I READ!

*fixed*

No. Actually I read everything that you posted.

I just felt like punching you in the face and I felt like being defensive was a good excuse.

But if it's not.

*punches you in the face for the hell of it*

That feels good =w=
Radical_Yue

Postby kikai_saigono » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Yue, you're not allowed in this thread because you're not coming and I couldn't go to NDK and I'm sadface about it. :(
kikai_saigono

Postby Radical_Yue » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:34 pm

kikai_saigono wrote:Yue, you're not allowed in this thread because you're not coming and I couldn't go to NDK and I'm sadface about it. :(

But there is a good chance we may go next year! :D

And besides, I'm enjoying the jackass punching! :3
Radical_Yue

Postby Ileia » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:06 pm

I think that's enough of that. You've driven Todd to drink.....food coloring.

<ileia> also
<ileia> apparently
<ileia> for no discernable reason
<ileia> Todd decided to drink some of my food coloring
<ileia> http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6690/1002085b.jpg
<ileia> then he complained that it tasted bad
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:42 am

I know what I'm fapping off too tonight now
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Postby ngsilver » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:00 am

Way too hot for me dude.

/me runs off to clop
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby Mr Pilkington » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:09 pm

Ileia wrote: As for the rest of CDVV:
/list

I'm just going to pull a KOS2011 and start entering videos under CDVV until you accept fate.
Then, I'm going to start drama and ragequit back to CBR.
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina
Mr Pilkington

Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Conventions