AWA Atlanta 2011 VAT - Programming Discusssion

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime conventions, and for the exchanging of rides to, and rooms at, conventions.

Re: AWA Atlanta 2011 VAT - Programming Discusssion

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:08 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:Shorter creator slots are a really cool idea, can't wait to see this in action.

I've done it at Anime Evolution and Sakura-Con for the past 5 years now and this year at Anime North... it actually works real well as you get to see different syles of videos in a short amount of time, hence it will now be done at AWA :wink:

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby kireblue » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
ZephyrStar wrote:Shorter creator slots are a really cool idea, can't wait to see this in action.

I've done it at Anime Evolution and Sakura-Con for the past 5 years now and this year at Anime North... it actually works real well as you get to see different syles of videos in a short amount of time, hence it will now be done at AWA :wink:

Vlad

I can join in on that if you want.
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:41 pm

I'll have a signup post and time slots avaiable near the end of the month... Basically this will not be considered a "Panal" but where we give creators there a 15 minute slot in exchange for showing thier work to a live audience and sayign a few words...

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby Ileia » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:saying a few words...

I call dibs on raspberry, kangaroo, and periwinkle.
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby Pwolf » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:52 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:

Yea, last year at SakuraCon (my first year there), I was the first one to show videos... i played all my serious stuff. 90% of the video shown after me were all comedy/twisted videos (/me looks at Dusten and Jennifer >:|)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:12 am

Pwolf wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:

Yea, last year at SakuraCon (my first year there), I was the first one to show videos... i played all my serious stuff. 90% of the video shown after me were all comedy/twisted videos (/me looks at Dusten and Jennifer >:|)

Sad truth: Editors (and occasionally some regular folk) might appreciate non upbeat/action/comedy videos, but most people going to AMV related events at a con that are just normal attendees can't bother to pay attention to drama and romance for any sort of extended period no matter how good the videos are.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby kireblue » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:03 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Pwolf wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:I've done it at Anime Evolution and Sakura-Con for the past 5 years now and this year at Anime North... it actually works real well as you get to see different syles of videos in a short amount of time, hence it will now be done at AWA :wink:

Sad truth: Editors (and occasionally some regular folk) might appreciate non upbeat/action/comedy videos, but most people going to AMV related events at a con that are just normal attendees can't bother to pay attention to drama and romance for any sort of extended period no matter how good the videos are.

unfortunately, this is very true. At Momocon, I schedule time slots for every genre of AMVs, but the Drama and Romance block always bring in the least amount of people. The comedy, Action and Fun/Upbeat blocks usually bring in the most. I'd say that the technical and character profile blocks lie somewhere in between.
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:23 pm

that is one of the reasons of havign then 15 minutes... Thenn also they are scheduled late mornign early afternoon and I have found during that time people don't mind drama as much.. In the evenings that want fun stuff

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby Kitsuner » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:06 pm

Ileia wrote:

I would like to reserve crinkled, Massachusetts, and the.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby Kitsuner » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:06 pm

Ileia wrote:

I would like to reserve crinkled, Massachusetts, and the.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby Brakus » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Vlad/TJ/Carl/Daric,

Any news yet on the AMV contest deadlines? We're a little over 1 month to Otakon, and traditionally, the Pro deadline has been the last week of July. So far, no dates for any of the AMV contests have been announced. I know the latest AWA staff meeting was this past Sunday, but I didn't see any action for the VAT on the staff message boards. Will there even be a Pro contest this year?

Never mind, the dates are posted on AWA's website, but so far nothing's been posted on the AMV Contest forums here.

2011 Contests and Deadlines:
Expo Contest: Friday, September 2, 2011
Pro Contest: Friday, July 29, 2011 (as usual, last week of July, which is Otakon weekend)
Masters Contest: Friday, September 9, 2011
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff, AWA AMV VAT staff
"Defying the future one step at a time"
Brakus

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:58 pm

Brakus wrote:Vlad/TJ/Carl/Daric,

Any news yet on the AMV contest deadlines? We're a little over 1 month to Otakon, and traditionally, the Pro deadline has been the last week of July. So far, no dates for any of the AMV contests have been announced. I know the latest AWA staff meeting was this past Sunday, but I didn't see any action for the VAT on the staff message boards. Will there even be a Pro contest this year?

Never mind, the dates are posted on AWA's website, but so far nothing's been posted on the AMV Contest forums here.

2011 Contests and Deadlines:
Expo Contest: Friday, September 2, 2011
Pro Contest: Friday, July 29, 2011 (as usual, last week of July, which is Otakon weekend)
Masters Contest: Friday, September 9, 2011

Daric is running the contests... I only run the programming in the VAT but I'll find out when all the rules and FTP, etc come on line

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Previous

Return to Anime Conventions