Project OrgEditor [Finals]

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Project OrgEditor [Finals]

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:32 am

Final Round : DANCE LIKE YOU WANT TO WIN!

For this final round, you are going to be tested to your limit. Well, to some extent anyway.
Round Criteria wrote:
For this final round, you must create an AMV that represents who YOU are as an editor. Show us exactly what your style is, and at the same time, show us your PASSION for this hobby and why you deserve to win this contest! At the same time, you will face what all editors will have to face at a certain point, which is their "audience".

We will take your videos [naming them blindly], and announce them on a-m-v.org's announcement forum. There, the users of a-m-v.org will rate your video 1-10. These points will be part of your score for the final round. This will be part of your 30 points theme execution. The other 20 points will come from how well the judges felt that "you" represented yourself and your image as an AMV editor, and how well they can tell that you put effort and passion into your work!

The winning editor will receive a ribbon similar to a VCA award on their catalog page for this video.
Special Instructions

1) No anime restrictions. Live action is NOT permitted. Must meet standards of a-m-v.org upload.
2) No audio restrictions.
3) Deadline is August 8th at 11:59 PM Central Time. Judging will begin on August 9th and run through August 10th. Results will be posted when all judging is complete, or on August 11th, whichever comes first.
Last edited by CodeZTM on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Finals]

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:16 am

the problem with this is that the announcement thread popularity is somtimes unpredictable and bias towards the more well know editors.

If it isn't too late to make a suggestion, how about keeping it blind by telling the three editors to send you their video, and have you announce their videos for them in a single tread named "Org editor finals: Ileia vs Copycat_Revolver vs Chiisus". I'm pretty sure that the mods will allow you to ignore the "catalog entry rule" just this once for the completion. You could then type the video info out manually (anime title, song title, artist etc) while leaving out the editor's name. You could also upload the 3 videos to a streaming site (other than youtube due to their tendency to delete stuff) in order to give a "preview" option.

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:53 am

kireblue wrote:the problem with this is that the announcement thread popularity is somtimes unpredictable and bias towards the more well know editors.

If it isn't too late to make a suggestion, how about keeping it blind by telling the three editors to send you their video, and have you announce their videos for them in a single tread named "Org editor finals: Ileia vs Copycat_Revolver vs Chiisus". I'm pretty sure that the mods will allow you to ignore the "catalog entry rule" just this once for the completion. You could then type the video info out manually (anime title, song title, artist etc) while leaving out the editor's name. You could also upload the 3 videos to a streaming site (other than youtube due to their tendency to delete stuff) in order to give a "preview" option.

I have to agree. My own opinion is that the site is a popularity contest enough as it is, and I don't really want to contribute to that. Yes, I've been pretty successful in figuring out somewhat which editors have done which videos, but I'd like to keep the blind judging through to the end. Just my two cents.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:01 am

CorpseGoddess wrote:Yes, I've been pretty successful in figuring out somewhat which editors have done which videos
Probably made easier when the numbering of the videos is done backwards from the current standings. :roll: (yes, that was also easy to figure out. Pwolf thought I was a psychic.)

I'd be okay with it being blind. In general, judges tend to score my videos higher when they don't know or aren't certain that I made the video. (In AWA Pro, I've had people "love" my video, then when they find out I made it, they dislike it. :nono: ) I've already got the chips stacked against me in the "everyone is upset because I "automatically" will win" area, honestly, I don't trust everyone to not let that affect their scoring. It wouldn't be fair to me or to the other competitors.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:00 am

kireblue wrote:the problem with this is that the announcement thread popularity is somtimes unpredictable and bias towards the more well know editors.

Pretty much sure we'd let it slide if it were to be entered to the catalog afterwards ;x

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:15 am

Ileia wrote:
CorpseGoddess wrote:Yes, I've been pretty successful in figuring out somewhat which editors have done which videos
Probably made easier when the numbering of the videos is done backwards from the current standings. :roll: (yes, that was also easy to figure out. Pwolf thought I was a psychic.)

I'd be okay with it being blind. In general, judges tend to score my videos higher when they don't know or aren't certain that I made the video. (In AWA Pro, I've had people "love" my video, then when they find out I made it, they dislike it. :nono: ) I've already got the chips stacked against me in the "everyone is upset because I "automatically" will win" area, honestly, I don't trust everyone to not let that affect their scoring. It wouldn't be fair to me or to the other competitors.
so, you're so good, that it makes you bad? the woes of greatness.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:55 am

Ok then, I'm down with that! We will keep it blind. Everyone, I will Send you FTP info shortly. I will edit the main post in an hour or so.

But I do want y'all to make catalog entries, just make the premier date later so they don't actually show up for everyone to see. Please and thank you! Or I suppose you can wait after the fact. Whatever floats your boat.

I suppose this is also fair, so all three will get announced at the same time. :).

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:20 pm

You know... Just printscreening an empty project file would be showing me as an editor since I'm so lazy. :uhoh:
Kidding. D:

This should be.... Interesting. D:
Rawr desu <3

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:34 pm

Good luck everyone in the finals. just remember, WE ARE ALL WINNERS LMFAO!

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:21 pm

Mkid wrote:Good luck everyone in the finals. just remember, WE ARE ALL WINNERS LMFAO!

That's right--100 points for everybody from me! Wheeeeeeee! :awesome:

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”