2. Moonlight Soldier
3. Chiiisus
4. CopyCat_Revolver
6. Ileia
Judge/Coordinator Awards & Scores & Comments

Judge Comments, Awards & Video Scores

Elimination Scores

Spoiler :

So that means Pwolf, Nya Chan and Moonlight Soldier have been eliminated!

The finalists have been sent their final challenge! Good luck to you all!
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Re: SemiFinal Results

Postby Copycat_Revolver » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:36 am

Judge Reinhold wrote:I liked it a lot, my biggest gripe wasn't so much the fact that you used different anime, more that the differences were so abrupt. One had super blown out colors almost every time it showed up, another was grayscale most the time...Just the visual inconsistencies like that were very jarring for me, disrupted the flow a bit. But it was still pretty nice.

Wait, what? I used grayscale in all the same places that Qwaqa did in the original. I was following his lead.
Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist

Postby Pwolf » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:57 am

Oh good you didn't actually mark me as "Dropped" >.>

For those wondering (maybe 1 person), i didn't drop, I screwed up. First, I thought the deadline was the 26th but more devastating was that I was so tired after coming home from work on Monday I thought I should rest my eyes for 20min or so. Well, those 20min turned into 12 hours. By the time I woke up it was time for me to get ready for work on Tuesday morning :awesome:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:05 am

I'm glad I didn't have to drop either. I didn't end up mimic-ing FEIVE until I was like ... maybe I should just string these together and then realized there was a way for me to do that while sticking to the theme. haha.

So for all the commentary on the logos/audio and stuff it got made into FEIVE Sunday night when I should have been sleeping x_X (I was so dead at work the next day it was super icky.) I was more concerned with just finishing something to put up so I didn't have to drop than focusing on anything technical.

Stick figures in PS take longer to do than anticipated lol.

Anyways, good luck to the finalists and thanks Code |:>
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Postby Chiiisus » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:23 am

Pwolf wrote:Oh good you didn't actually mark me as "Dropped" >.>

For those wondering (maybe 1 person), i didn't drop, I screwed up. First, I thought the deadline was the 26th but more devastating was that I was so tired after coming home from work on Monday I thought I should rest my eyes for 20min or so. Well, those 20min turned into 12 hours. By the time I woke up it was time for me to get ready for work on Tuesday morning :awesome:

-That one person-

Really, honest mistake... ;_; I think that's reason enough to have an extension to even encode and so forth. :sweat:

Soooo really, I only passed since Pwolf fell asleep... It kind of makes me feel odd. D:

Since I assumed I'd be out this round... Time to cancel plans of actually having a life. It was a fun thought while it lasted. Still sunny here too. ;__;
Except Birthday plans, no waaay am I editing on my Birthday. Dx
Rawr desu <3
Chiiisus

Postby Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:57 am

I can't but chuckle at the person who gave 100 to Ileia.

Damn, the only time I gave out all tens in an OP, it was ironic and for fun/trolling. ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF ILEIA? :E

In another news, thanks everyone for keeping up with my stuff. Also, nice pointing out, judge #1, I am glad somebody noticed (I wondered about using Haruhi too, but... ;x )
Good luck, you three! Make sure to beat Ileia! ^^
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby NS » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:11 am

Copycat_Revolver wrote:
Judge Reinhold wrote:I liked it a lot, my biggest gripe wasn't so much the fact that you used different anime, more that the differences were so abrupt. One had super blown out colors almost every time it showed up, another was grayscale most the time...Just the visual inconsistencies like that were very jarring for me, disrupted the flow a bit. But it was still pretty nice.

Wait, what? I used grayscale in all the same places that Qwaqa did in the original. I was following his lead.

wasn't just the grayscale, that was just an example. as a whole I would have liked more consistency throughout the sources to make it feel more cohesive. If we're gonna start pulling out the "follow his lead" card. He only used one source.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby kireblue » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:14 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:I can't but chuckle at the person who gave 100 to Ileia.
yeah, I'm a bit curious about that as well. It wasn't me. I'm judge #1 in the comment section. But in the scoring section, I'm judge #3

Nya-chan Production wrote:In another news, thanks everyone for keeping up with my stuff. Also, nice pointing out, judge #1, I am glad somebody noticed (I wondered about using Haruhi too, but... ;x )
Thanks. When I saw that you did that, I wasn't completely sure if you did it intentionally.
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby Otohiko » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:15 am

Hey guys/Code, I apologize for not posting my scores in time. I was traveling this week together with FC, and our flight got cancelled meaning I got home a day later than expected. Todd made it back on time I guess, but I still had one more day of travel left after that, and so for the entire judging period I was basically in planes/airports/cars :(

Congrats to everyone on a good job this round! I did get to the videos and was very happy with what you guys did here.
Otohiko

Postby Pwolf » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:36 am

Chiiisus wrote:Soooo really, I only passed since Pwolf fell asleep... It kind of makes me feel odd. D:

Lets call it an early birthday present then :P
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby CorpseGoddess » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:18 am

kireblue wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:I can't but chuckle at the person who gave 100 to Ileia.
yeah, I'm a bit curious about that as well. It wasn't me. I'm judge #1 in the comment section. But in the scoring section, I'm judge #3

Nya-chan Production wrote:In another news, thanks everyone for keeping up with my stuff. Also, nice pointing out, judge #1, I am glad somebody noticed (I wondered about using Haruhi too, but... ;x )
Thanks. When I saw that you did that, I wasn't completely sure if you did it intentionally.

I'm the one that scored that vid at 100, and no, I didn't know for sure it was Ileia. All I know is that as soon as the vid started, I began laughing my ass off and didn't stop until the end. Besides which, I thought the editing was excellent and the idea was just so perfect and twisted. So yeah, that was me.
CorpseGoddess

Postby Kitsuner » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:51 am

NS wrote:If we're gonna start pulling out the "follow his lead" card. He only used one source.

He used three sources, dude.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby NS » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 pm

XD, I see that, I would appear to have gotten mixed up at some point, but it doesn't change my opinion that the sources in copycat's vid, to me, could have flowed together better, and my opinions on that are the same, the only thing is that I got ahead of myself and was trying to be a smartass with the "Follow his lead card" thing. Oh well.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:42 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:
kireblue wrote:

I'm the one that scored that vid at 100, and no, I didn't know for sure it was Ileia. All I know is that as soon as the vid started, I began laughing my ass off and didn't stop until the end. Besides which, I thought the editing was excellent and the idea was just so perfect and twisted. So yeah, that was me.

Your idea of rating is very weird, but whatevs floats your boat. Also, yep, once I posted I realized you probably didn't know whose it was, so...

Well, overally no prob. Just saying that to give a video 100 poins... if I rated, there would be probably 0,1-0,2% chance that such a good video would appear and I'd give it one hundred. I suppose I just prefer the "I rate by video facts" judges over the "I rate how it amused me", is all. Just my preferences, yay.
Nya-chan Production

Postby Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:43 pm

NS wrote:XD, I see that, I would appear to have gotten mixed up at some point, but it doesn't change my opinion that the sources in copycat's vid, to me, could have flowed together better, and my opinions on that are the same, the only thing is that I got ahead of myself and was trying to be a smartass with the "Follow his lead card" thing. Oh well.

I ACTIVATE MY TRAP CARD IN RESPONSE TO YOUR LEAD CARD!
Nya-chan Production

Next

Return to Project OrgEditor (2011)