Semifinal Videos

The official forum for Project OrgEditor. Project coordinator: CodeZTM

Re: Semifinal Videos

Postby Pwolf » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:27 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Even if she makes a clip of artistic 30s of any anime to any music with no sync for finals... just two tracks matching length? :>

Yes. She's only at best ~200 points away from the current 3rd place editor. There's absolutely no reason to assume at this point that Ileia is automatically going to win the finals. That's absurd and insulting those who have also done well.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:37 pm

I honeslty thought people were more pissed about the themes than anything else. This is kind of a shock to me. :uhoh:
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby NS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:39 pm

you mistake discussion for anger.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby Pwolf » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:49 pm

NS wrote:you mistake discussion for anger.

A lot of people make that mistake.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pwolf

Postby meleechampion » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:36 am

None of this would have happened, had Ileia been a judge.

Just sayin. :pizza:
meleechampion

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:40 am

Pwolf wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:Even if she makes a clip of artistic 30s of any anime to any music with no sync for finals... just two tracks matching length? :>

Yes. She's only at best ~200 points away from the current 3rd place editor. There's absolutely no reason to assume at this point that Ileia is automatically going to win the finals. That's absurd and insulting those who have also done well.

And if she was leading by 400? 500? Would it be fine?

I know that the system "The worst in EACH ROUND has to go" is a bit harsher to those that consistently do well and then after one failed piece have to go, but it's more attractive (IMO) and more motivating for editors (again IMO).

I know that I went from "I have to beat her by that much now!" over "I have to beat these people with my video!" to "Meh, I don't care anymore, I can't beat them all by that much anyway." And I still had the advantage of doing fairly well in the first round and sliding on that. What motivation must've had someone who ended on the last few places of each round?

If you look at Brad's IC Tournament, it has right this motivation - do your best in EACH ROUND - or get out.

Also, I am thinking of dropping out...

...the next year and hel Code co-coordinate this. Or at least judge.

|:>
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:41 am

Oh, also great job, Ileia... Well, except maybe for the last round, I didn't like that, sowwies ;____; (if yours is what I think it is).
Nya-chan Production

Postby Pwolf » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:51 am

meleechampion wrote:None of this would have happened, had Ileia been a judge.

None of this would've happened if people weren't poor sports. If you don't do well or screw up, you're score suffers. Take responsibility and quit complaining.

What's the point of the contest? is it to find out who's the best overall editor or find out who can last the longest? if it's the best overall editor then the current system is the best. if it's not, then the other system is the best. There's a compromise but i'm sure people will find a reason to find that one "flawed" as well so i wont mention it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pwolf

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:20 am

Pwolf wrote:
meleechampion wrote:None of this would have happened, had Ileia been a judge.

None of this would've happened if people weren't poor sports. If you don't do well or screw up, you're score suffers. Take responsibility and quit complaining.

What's the point of the contest? is it to find out who's the best overall editor or find out who can last the longest? if it's the best overall editor then the current system is the best. if it's not, then the other system is the best. There's a compromise but i'm sure people will find a reason to find that one "flawed" as well so i wont mention it.

Do mention. I have something against both systems, it's just that I have less against the one that is currently not in use. Mostly not because of the winners, but because of the losers.

And let's face it, Ileia won BOTH systems, so it's not like she cares, I suppose :>
Nya-chan Production

Postby Pwolf » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:41 am

Ok lets look at the scores then using the old system:

Round 1:

Everyone who lost that round would've lost either way.

Round 2 losses:

Millopir
Reggie
MCHY (Dq'd)

Results... Exactly the same.

Round 3:

Cingiz
Silk (Dropped)

Results... Exactly the same.

Round 4:

LE
Replay
CopyCat
Aimo

Results... Almost exactly the same. Mkid would stay in but CopyCat would be kicked out.

In conclusion... the only one who has the "right" to complain about the current scoring system not being like the last one is Mkid.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pwolf

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:46 am

I know ;____;

Damn it, this is not about other people (not even myself!) winning, it's about fun and motivation!

I give up, you're searching for something that I totally don't mean. Here, on IRC, everywhere.
Nya-chan Production

Postby Pwolf » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:55 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:I know ;____;

Damn it, this is not about other people (not even myself!) winning, it's about fun and motivation!

I give up, you're searching for something that I totally don't mean. Here, on IRC, everywhere.

I understand. For you the competition feels hopeless. At this point if you made it into the finals you see no possible way to win. The other side of the coin however (using the other system) if you do well and make a small mistake you're screwed. it's no fun either way.

My compromise was to do everything the same until the final round at which point all scores are discarded and the videos/editors are only scored on that round. It becomes more of a race to the finals rather then a race to win if that makes sense. This allows those who haven't had a perfect record make it to the finals and still have a chance to win.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pwolf

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:02 am

Pwolf wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:I know ;____;

I understand. For you the competition feels hopeless. At this point if you made it into the finals you see no possible way to win. The other side of the coin however (using the other system) if you do well and make a small mistake you're screwed. it's no fun either way.

My compromise was to do everything the same until the final round at which point all scores are discarded and the videos/editors are only scored on that round. It becomes more of a race to the finals rather then a race to win if that makes sense. This allows those who haven't had a perfect record make it to the finals and still have a chance to win.

I thought about this as well, actually ^^ There is still some issue with balance and those that end up being cut just before the last "change" round can argue it's unfair. The thing is all of these systems each have a flaw... I suppose it's always up to what the coordinator picks out anyway \o/
Nya-chan Production

Postby gotenks794 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:59 am

If you change the system for the last round then whoever's in the lead would possibly feel cheated. The best way, in my opinion, to avoid competitor upsetness would be to either A) keep the points secret from the competitors the whole time and not have a ranking (or at least a ranking that doesn't affect the next round), or B) have no point system and just have the judges vote on their favorite/least favorite videos and do eliminations that way. I prefer B, personally, because it's much more like Project Runway and similar shows (heck, PR's not even a blind judging). :ying: Just my thoughts
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.
gotenks794

Postby Chiiisus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:28 am

In the end I thought it was obvious Ileia would win from the start. Since well, she deserves it in all honesty.

Plus, I don't think the scoring system is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. :uhoh: If what Pwolf said about the rounds is true, then a different system wouldn't really make that much of a difference. :uhoh:

Even if the winner is clearly obvious, I've had fun and learned a bit too so it's not too important to me. Like I've said before, editing in this contest has been really fun for me regardless of placing etc. D:
I just don't think talking about the system now has any point, since it's nearly over and Code did say he was opening a topic for suggestions for next year. xD;

-Sips coke- *_* Cooooooke! :ying:
Rawr desu <3
Chiiisus

PreviousNext

Return to Project OrgEditor (2011)