Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [Judging]

The official forum for Project OrgEditor. Project coordinator: CodeZTM

Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [Judging]

Postby CodeZTM » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:45 am

Round 5 : "I've Heard It's Flattering"

Theme Explanation

Congratulations on making it this far! YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!

We've so far seen:

1) A Promotion
2) After Story
3) Sinful/Heavenly
4) Teamwork

And now I want to see how well you re-create the best of the best. :up:

Round Framework wrote:For this fifth round of competition, you will be re-creating a "award-winning" AMV, while putting your own spin on it. When I say "award winning", I mean an AMV that has been featured in the JCA/VCA awards, or has been in the top 10 of the top 10% videos. While not ALL the greatest videos of all time may be featured here, it's an excellent place to gather inspiration from.

Example Video: This video displays a great parody/re-imagining of its original video [A VCA winner], while showing the author's own personal style inside of it.

Please note that the AMV you create does not necessarily have to be a parody, although you are more than free to do so.


Theme Execution Criteria

Each round, 30 points of your possible scores are awarded to the execution of the theme. What does this mean for this round?

Editors will be awarded points based on how well they re-created the "award winning" AMV, and put their own creative spin on it, and how well THEY shine through. Attack of the Otaku was great, but if we just see another thing that looks like Chiikaboom herself re-made, that's really missing the point. We want to see YOU create this AMV the way YOU would have made it.

Elimination Numbers

For this round, we will eliminate 3 editors.

Should 3 or more editors drop in this round, we will adjust the number of eliminations.

Should less than 3 editors drop, we will only eliminate the number of competitors that make up the difference. [For example, if 1 editor dropped, we will only eliminate 2 editors]

Special Instructions

1) ANIME RESTRICTION. You are not permitted to use the same anime as the original video.
2) AUDIO RESTRICTION. You are required to use the same audio as the original video. Remixing/alterations/song covers are permitted.
3) I will personally send you FTP information as soon as it is updated.
4) Deadline is July 25th at 11:59 PM Central Time. Judging will begin on July 26th and run through July 27th. Results will be posted when all judging is complete, or on July 28th, whichever comes first.

Some Helpful Links:

VCA Winners
2009 JCA Winners
2010 JCA Winners
2008 JCA Winners
Last edited by CodeZTM on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Postby Kitsuner » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:47 am

O
M
G
Everybody use Mitternacht!
:O
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Top Breeder

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Postby Ileia » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:08 am

RAH HEY! 2: You Seriously Still Don't Know?
Blame it on 2010: It Was Okay, I Guess
Date Rape 2: Sloppy Seconds
Break 2: Red Light
Don't Break 2: Green Light
Macabre Serenade 2: Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
ROS 5 Part 2: We Found Four
User avatar
Ileia
is the pinkest mod
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Postby Pwolf » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:14 am

OH MAN! I WAS GONNA DO A RAY HEY! 2! NOW I'LL LOSE POINTS FOR BEING UNORIGINAL! GAH! I WAS GONNA USE 5CM AND BEYOND THE CLOUDS.. OH FUCK I'LL LOSE POINTS FOR THAT TOO! GAH!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
 
Joined: 03 May 2001
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Postby gotenks794 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:19 am

Ileia wrote:ROS 5 Part 2: We Found Four


Someone seriously do this. I loved ROS 5. :dino:
Image
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.
User avatar
gotenks794
 
Joined: 30 Jul 2007

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Postby Kitsuner » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:24 am

gotenks794 wrote:
Ileia wrote:ROS 5 Part 2: We Found Four


Someone seriously do this. I loved ROS 5. :dino:

All of the contestants could collab on the sequel!
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Top Breeder

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Postby kireblue » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:12 am

Kitsuner wrote:
gotenks794 wrote:
Ileia wrote:ROS 5 Part 2: We Found Four


Someone seriously do this. I loved ROS 5. :dino:

All of the contestants could collab on the sequel!

and then they all would get DQed for sharing their video :asd:
Image
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
User avatar
kireblue
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Postby Ileia » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:51 am

CodeZTM wrote:5 - Because this is a blind contest, you are also required to NOT SHARE your AMV with anyone else but yourself until the round is over. Beta testing with friends is ok, but those friends CANNOT be judges and those friends CANNOT share your AMV with anyone else or publish it anywhere else. Failure to abide by this will result in a disqualification.



Nobody would be disqualified. All you have to do is say that the other editors are your friends. According to the rules, this makes them exempt.


YEAH WHAT. WE'RE ALL FRIENDS HERE.
User avatar
Ileia
is the pinkest mod
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Postby Nya-chan Production » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:15 am

Ileia wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:5 - Because this is a blind contest, you are also required to NOT SHARE your AMV with anyone else but yourself until the round is over. Beta testing with friends is ok, but those friends CANNOT be judges and those friends CANNOT share your AMV with anyone else or publish it anywhere else. Failure to abide by this will result in a disqualification.



Nobody would be disqualified. All you have to do is say that the other editors are your friends. According to the rules, this makes them exempt.


YEAH WHAT. WE'RE ALL FRIENDS HERE.

Let's do it!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Postby Nya-chan Production » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:30 am

Btw, every round I feel it's harder and harder to get motivated, since there's so big gap to the top. I really prefered the previous system, especially when you can already say who'll be in the finals.

And yes, you can talk about "You never know", but unless they drop or edit in MSPaint (hikewp), the first 3people have their places in the finals practically sure. Well, maybe Chiiisus can get a place there, if she really tries.

The point is, this system doesn't motivate us to try our hardest EVERY ROUND, once we fall below a certain difference (for some it might be 100 points, I've hit my ceiling of hope now I am 500 points away from the first place).

I will edit something, but the point is - the first place (and even finals, but don't tell me everybody edits for fun and not the first place - I KNOW YOU GUYS WANT TO WIN TOO! :3 ) is lost, so why bother to spend a week over my video anyway when I can slap something together in a day?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Postby CodeZTM » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:45 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:Btw, every round I feel it's harder and harder to get motivated, since there's so big gap to the top. I really prefered the previous system, especially when you can already say who'll be in the finals.

And yes, you can talk about "You never know", but unless they drop or edit in MSPaint (hikewp), the first 3people have their places in the finals practically sure. Well, maybe Chiiisus can get a place there, if she really tries.

The point is, this system doesn't motivate us to try our hardest EVERY ROUND, once we fall below a certain difference (for some it might be 100 points, I've hit my ceiling of hope now I am 500 points away from the first place).

I will edit something, but the point is - the first place (and even finals, but don't tell me everybody edits for fun and not the first place - I KNOW YOU GUYS WANT TO WIN TOO! :3 ) is lost, so why bother to spend a week over my video anyway when I can slap something together in a day?


I've had this comment made to me several times throughout the contest, and I see where it has become an issue. The current scoring system is going to be scrapped next year and replaced with something different. I made that decision back in round 2 when Kosmit offered a much better setup idea.

Oh, and I also wanted to mention that I will have a feedback/suggestions thread going up during the finals for recommendations to make for next year's contest. I'm sure that many would definitely like to make some voices heard, and I'm willing to hear them. |:>
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Postby Chiiisus » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:51 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:why bother to spend a week over my video anyway when I can slap something together in a day?


You should edit properly. D:
Even though I felt the same way, I've found something I really want to try my best at doing this round even if I'm not going to win. xD
-Is actually surprised/happy I've made it this far newai- XD;

I unno, I just really like your videos and think that you should find some way to motivate yourself this round, because it would be a shame if you didn't. ;__;

Would internet cookies help?
Maybe some bricks to clear the bad thoughts? D:
Rawr desu <3
User avatar
Chiiisus
 
Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Location: London
Status: Turtle Creeping.

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Postby NS » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:30 am

Code, there was nothing wrong with the old scoring system. Let them get judged on the video they made that round, alone.. I liked it way :o
ImageImage
User avatar
NS
I like pants
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Status: Pants

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Postby Nya-chan Production » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Chiiisus wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:why bother to spend a week over my video anyway when I can slap something together in a day?


You should edit properly. D:
Even though I felt the same way, I've found something I really want to try my best at doing this round even if I'm not going to win. xD
-Is actually surprised/happy I've made it this far newai- XD;

I unno, I just really like your videos and think that you should find some way to motivate yourself this round, because it would be a shame if you didn't. ;__;

Would internet cookies help?
Maybe some bricks to clear the bad thoughts? D:

Hey, most of my epic stuff was slapped together in one or two day! ;D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: Project OrgEditor [SemiFinals] [I've Heard It's Flatteri

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Sooooo hard to pick oXo
User avatar
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
 
Joined: 03 Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Plotting

Next

Return to Project OrgEditor (2011)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest