Project Orgeditor [Round 4] [Complete]

The official forum for Project OrgEditor. Project coordinator: CodeZTM
User avatar
Mkid
Im on the case
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:08 am
Status: No more mutants.
Location: A Farm in New York
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby Mkid » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:08 pm

Kisanzi wrote:This round sounds like it will be very rough and awkward for the contestants. Not only do they have to agree on a song and concept, but they also have to rely on their "partner" to do a good job and not screw them on their shared score. As a fan of the contest so far, and in the spirit of competition, I can't see why you would have a round in a competition where competitors have to work closely with and rely on their "opponents".

Weird choice, but I guess we'll see what the editors think. I hope this round doesn't hurt the quality and cohesiveness seen in the past couple rounds. Good luck guys...>.>

Not really I think its kinda good idea. You work with the people you've been hoping mess up. Not to mention it teaches us compromise, communication, and its just a GREAT IDEA i love this round code
Image

User avatar
CorpseGoddess
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:23 pm
Status: HEY GUYS
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby CorpseGoddess » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:24 pm

What I'm really hoping for here is people with different editing styles getting paired together. I keep trying to get hubby to do a collaborative video with me, but so far he's resisted. I think it's probably so that said video won't show up as "exhibit A" in divorce court. :P
Image
Image

User avatar
EvaFan
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:25 pm
Status: (*゚▽゚)o旦~ ー乾杯ー♪
Location: Somerset, KY
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby EvaFan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Well in a way there are times that even enemies have to work together to get through something. This round will be interesting just to see how the collaborations go yet alone the vids.

Basically if your not a team player and like working alone, this theme is challenging you. Even if you are a team player depending on your partner it may be challenging anyway.

Just remember, from what I read on the rules... Code didn't say the AMV had to be longer than the preset time rules. The collab itself only needs to be 30 or more seconds. Split that in half and you actually have less editing to do. Most of the time spent will probably be planing and idea generating. Good luck guyz n galz.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Joined: Thu May 03, 2001 4:17 pm
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby Pwolf » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:21 pm

Kisanzi wrote:This round sounds like it will be very rough and awkward for the contestants. Not only do they have to agree on a song and concept, but they also have to rely on their "partner" to do a good job and not screw them on their shared score. As a fan of the contest so far, and in the spirit of competition, I can't see why you would have a round in a competition where competitors have to work closely with and rely on their "opponents"


I like this one better then what we were supposed to do.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.

User avatar
NS
I like pants
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:05 pm
Status: Pants
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby NS » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:02 pm

I would just have my partner/opponent and me edit the whole song or as much as they can and then just mix 'em together. How will we know the difference?
ImageImage

User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:21 am
Status: White bracelet
Location: Ward 7F
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 pm

NS wrote:I would just have my partner/opponent and me edit the whole song or as much as they can and then just mix 'em together. How will we know the difference?

:bzz: PROTIP :bzz2:
Image

User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Joined: Thu May 03, 2001 4:17 pm
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby Pwolf » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:06 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:What I'm really hoping for here is people with different editing styles getting paired together. I keep trying to get hubby to do a collaborative video with me, but so far he's resisted. I think it's probably so that said video won't show up as "exhibit A" in divorce court. :P


That would be interesting actually.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.

User avatar
JudgeHolden
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:49 am
Status: Looking at you through your window!
Location: The great white north (Minneapolis)
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby JudgeHolden » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:43 pm

To bad I'm not in it, cuz I actually have an idea for this ... maybe I will give it to the first pair who pms me ... or not! |:>
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:14 pm
Location: blabbler's unpleasant psyche
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby Copycat_Revolver » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:48 pm

JudgeHolden wrote:To bad I'm not in it, cuz I actually have an idea for this ... maybe I will give it to the first pair who pms me ... or not! |:>

Reveal your secrets you charlatan!

User avatar
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:29 am
Status: ....to completion
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby Ileia » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Nah, he'll always be holden out on us.

User avatar
CorpseGoddess
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:23 pm
Status: HEY GUYS
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby CorpseGoddess » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 pm

Ileia wrote:Nah, he'll always be holden out on us.


/dies from pun

Pwolf wrote:
CorpseGoddess wrote:What I'm really hoping for here is people with different editing styles getting paired together. I keep trying to get hubby to do a collaborative video with me, but so far he's resisted. I think it's probably so that said video won't show up as "exhibit A" in divorce court. :P


That would be interesting actually.


I think so too, but he's not a collaborative-type person. The "AMV Night in Canada" and the AE Intros we did together were conceptually collaborative, but we didn't actually edit them together. When I did try and get all up in his editing process, it, uh---didn't go so well. I had to back off--he was getting all Scary Gendo on me. :shock:
Image
Image

User avatar
Mkid
Im on the case
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:08 am
Status: No more mutants.
Location: A Farm in New York
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby Mkid » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:54 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
lloyd9988
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 4:57 pm
Status: Yeahhhhh......
Location: AZ
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby lloyd9988 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:23 am

CorpseGoddess wrote:I think so too, but he's not a collaborative-type person. The "AMV Night in Canada" and the AE Intros we did together were conceptually collaborative, but we didn't actually edit them together. When I did try and get all up in his editing process, it, uh---didn't go so well. I had to back off--he was getting all Scary Gendo on me. :shock:

Image
~Yo~

User avatar
Mkid
Im on the case
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:08 am
Status: No more mutants.
Location: A Farm in New York
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby Mkid » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:54 am

So Before me and my partner started talking about our collab we decided to get married in his/her minecraft cottage..
also Ilieia you will be singing for us (Sorry code and Mirkosp, you didnt make the cut), and Everyone IN project org editor is invited :)
Image

User avatar
kireblue
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby kireblue » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:43 pm

Mkid wrote:So Before me and my partner started talking about our collab we decided to get married in his/her minecraft cottage..
also Ilieia you will be singing for us (Sorry code and Mirkosp, you didnt make the cut), and Everyone IN project org editor is invited :)

are the judges invited as well? more specifically, can I come?


Return to “Project OrgEditor (2011)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest