Project Orgeditor [Round 4] [Complete]

The official forum for Project OrgEditor. Project coordinator: CodeZTM

Re: Project Orgeditor [Round 4 : 2 Is Better Than 1]

Postby Mkid » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:08 pm

Kisanzi wrote:This round sounds like it will be very rough and awkward for the contestants. Not only do they have to agree on a song and concept, but they also have to rely on their "partner" to do a good job and not screw them on their shared score. As a fan of the contest so far, and in the spirit of competition, I can't see why you would have a round in a competition where competitors have to work closely with and rely on their "opponents".

Weird choice, but I guess we'll see what the editors think. I hope this round doesn't hurt the quality and cohesiveness seen in the past couple rounds. Good luck guys...>.>

Not really I think its kinda good idea. You work with the people you've been hoping mess up. Not to mention it teaches us compromise, communication, and its just a GREAT IDEA i love this round code
Mkid
Im on the case

Postby CorpseGoddess » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:24 pm

What I'm really hoping for here is people with different editing styles getting paired together. I keep trying to get hubby to do a collaborative video with me, but so far he's resisted. I think it's probably so that said video won't show up as "exhibit A" in divorce court. :P
CorpseGoddess

Postby EvaFan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Well in a way there are times that even enemies have to work together to get through something. This round will be interesting just to see how the collaborations go yet alone the vids.

Basically if your not a team player and like working alone, this theme is challenging you. Even if you are a team player depending on your partner it may be challenging anyway.

Just remember, from what I read on the rules... Code didn't say the AMV had to be longer than the preset time rules. The collab itself only needs to be 30 or more seconds. Split that in half and you actually have less editing to do. Most of the time spent will probably be planing and idea generating. Good luck guyz n galz.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson
EvaFan

Postby Pwolf » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:21 pm

Kisanzi wrote:This round sounds like it will be very rough and awkward for the contestants. Not only do they have to agree on a song and concept, but they also have to rely on their "partner" to do a good job and not screw them on their shared score. As a fan of the contest so far, and in the spirit of competition, I can't see why you would have a round in a competition where competitors have to work closely with and rely on their "opponents"

I like this one better then what we were supposed to do.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby NS » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:02 pm

I would just have my partner/opponent and me edit the whole song or as much as they can and then just mix 'em together. How will we know the difference?
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 pm

NS wrote:I would just have my partner/opponent and me edit the whole song or as much as they can and then just mix 'em together. How will we know the difference?

:bzz: PROTIP :bzz2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby Pwolf » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:06 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:What I'm really hoping for here is people with different editing styles getting paired together. I keep trying to get hubby to do a collaborative video with me, but so far he's resisted. I think it's probably so that said video won't show up as "exhibit A" in divorce court. :P

That would be interesting actually.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby JudgeHolden » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:43 pm

To bad I'm not in it, cuz I actually have an idea for this ... maybe I will give it to the first pair who pms me ... or not! |:>
ImageImageImageImage
JudgeHolden

Postby Copycat_Revolver » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:48 pm

JudgeHolden wrote:To bad I'm not in it, cuz I actually have an idea for this ... maybe I will give it to the first pair who pms me ... or not! |:>

Reveal your secrets you charlatan!
Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist

Postby Ileia » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Nah, he'll always be holden out on us.
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby CorpseGoddess » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 pm

Ileia wrote:Nah, he'll always be holden out on us.

/dies from pun

Pwolf wrote:
CorpseGoddess wrote:What I'm really hoping for here is people with different editing styles getting paired together. I keep trying to get hubby to do a collaborative video with me, but so far he's resisted. I think it's probably so that said video won't show up as "exhibit A" in divorce court. :P

That would be interesting actually.

I think so too, but he's not a collaborative-type person. The "AMV Night in Canada" and the AE Intros we did together were conceptually collaborative, but we didn't actually edit them together. When I did try and get all up in his editing process, it, uh---didn't go so well. I had to back off--he was getting all Scary Gendo on me. :shock:
CorpseGoddess

Postby Mkid » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:54 pm

Mkid
Im on the case

Postby lloyd9988 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:23 am

CorpseGoddess wrote:I think so too, but he's not a collaborative-type person. The "AMV Night in Canada" and the AE Intros we did together were conceptually collaborative, but we didn't actually edit them together. When I did try and get all up in his editing process, it, uh---didn't go so well. I had to back off--he was getting all Scary Gendo on me. :shock:

~Yo~
lloyd9988

Postby Mkid » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:54 am

So Before me and my partner started talking about our collab we decided to get married in his/her minecraft cottage..
also Ilieia you will be singing for us (Sorry code and Mirkosp, you didnt make the cut), and Everyone IN project org editor is invited :)
Mkid
Im on the case

Postby kireblue » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:43 pm

Mkid wrote:So Before me and my partner started talking about our collab we decided to get married in his/her minecraft cottage..
also Ilieia you will be singing for us (Sorry code and Mirkosp, you didnt make the cut), and Everyone IN project org editor is invited :)

are the judges invited as well? more specifically, can I come?
MomoCon's 2014 AMV Contest will be accepting entries until Monday, April 28th, 2013
kireblue

PreviousNext

Return to Project OrgEditor (2011)