Project OrgEditor [Round 2 Videos]

The official forum for Project OrgEditor. Project coordinator: CodeZTM

Project OrgEditor [Round 2 Videos]

Postby CodeZTM » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:16 am

PLEASE TO BE READING THIS SENTENCE : You may NOT reveal which of these videos belongs to you until the judging is complete. You may NOT upload these videos anywhere else until the judging is complete.

You MAY discuss the videos and make predictions here. You MAY enjoy the videos. You MAY violently dismember the videos. You MAY chew on the videos. You MAY discuss the surprise existence of that pesky chupacabra as a hot gunslinger.

Click here to check out the videos. .

This forum will update with the results of the first round when judging is complete. Please check back later for them.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Re: Project OrgEditor [Round 2 Videos]

Postby Kitsuner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:35 am

CodeZTM wrote:PLEASE TO BE READING THIS SENTENCE : You may NOT reveal which of these videos belongs to you until the judging is complete.

Unless, of course, you left your name in your video in the exact same way you did last round. That's perfectly fine.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby CodeZTM » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:49 am

Kitsuner wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:PLEASE TO BE READING THIS SENTENCE : You may NOT reveal which of these videos belongs to you until the judging is complete.

Unless, of course, you left your name in your video in the exact same way you did last round. That's perfectly fine.

Damnit MCHY. >:/

The video will still be judged for standings purposes, but it will be disqualified from the competition.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Radical_Yue » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:52 am

I am sad now. I actually enjoyed that video :P

It was the most original out of the bunch.
ImageImage
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby Kitsuner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:55 am

CodeZTM wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:

Damnit MCHY. >:/

The video will still be judged for standings purposes, but it will be disqualified from the competition.

If he's disqualified, why does it still need to be judged?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby Silk_SK » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:57 am

Man, I hope Melee manages to shoop his way back into this contest. He's made my favorite video both of these rounds.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” - Winston Churchill
Silk_SK

Postby Kisanzi » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:07 am

Sooo...Watched all the vids for round 2 and........

...it's a vast improvement from round one! This is exactly what I want to see from this tournament. It's good to see the majority of videos have a fair amount of effort and/or thought put into them. 300% improvement on editing quality and viewer satisfaction here. Any qualms I had with the first round have been cleared up. Now I hope the momentum continues into round 3.

But to keep up appearances, remember that I expect all videos in future rounds to crack the top 10%. :P
Image Image
Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?

Postby CodeZTM » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:10 am

I'd also like to take this point and say that one of the videos in this contest actually made my sister cry. Hysterically. They automatically get 1000 points. |:>

EDIT: We will eliminate 2 editors besides MCHY. In other words, 12 editors will be involved with round 3. A much smaller number than I had originally hoped for round 3's awesome level... :|
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:52 am

Does it really half to be grounds for disqualification ? Yes it was stupid and yes I did it twice, but it honestly was unintentional both times, and it's not like it would help my score anyways. Technically in the rules there is no clear cut rule that says you can't reveal yourself in your video. *facepalm* @ myself
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Postby Sephiroth » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:56 am

Ive dropped in part because my trial of CS5.5 might end assuming i make it to round 4, i'm saving up for it but nothing for sure.

Good luck all.
Sephiroth

Postby ReggieSmalls » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:09 am

Silk_SK wrote:Man, I hope Melee manages to shoop his way back into this contest. He's made my favorite video both of these rounds.

I agree

and *claps* for whoever made #11 :up:
If I Ain't Happy I Get Slappy!!!
ReggieSmalls

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:23 am

:up:
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Postby Nya-chan Production » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:42 am

So my thoughts this time...

My favs were:

#1 - because of atmosphere
#4 - props for using Chobits AND she. Though I suppose it could've been a bit better
#6 - for using True Tears AND instrumental
#7 - for not being afraid of Bebop
#10 - After Story :ying:
#11 - even though I didn't like the forced start, the follow up and execution were nice ^^

I am also kinda sad that #19 wasn't better - this had better potential and I considered editing with Diebuster too... or maybe I did edit it and just now I have realized how badly it was edited? orz
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:28 am

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Does it really half to be grounds for disqualification ? Yes it was stupid and yes I did it twice, but it honestly was unintentional both times, and it's not like it would help my score anyways. Technically in the rules there is no clear cut rule that says you can't reveal yourself in your video. *facepalm* @ myself

You mean this amended rule?
5 - Because this is a blind contest, you are also required to NOT SHARE your AMV with anyone else but yourself until the round is over. Beta testing with friends is ok, but those friends CANNOT be judges and those friends CANNOT share your AMV with anyone else or publish it anywhere else. Failure to abide by this will result in a disqualification.
AMENDED: Your name should not be visible in the AMV. Starting in round 2, this will be a means of disqualification. Use of voice acting in your AMV is permitted, but only because voices across the internet are not as commonly known as a text in the AMV that says "CodeZTM" or whatnot.

I actually didn't notice your name in there at first, I was too distracted with the increasingly petty and unnecessary jerk-i-tude. :|
It's a shame too, because that had the potential to be pretty epic theme wise.
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:12 am

I was unaware that the rule was even changed as of R2. No one had informed me of it.
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Next

Return to Project OrgEditor (2011)