Round 1 Results Thread

The official forum for Project OrgEditor. Project coordinator: CodeZTM

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby Sephiroth » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:54 am

Had about a day to do my vid, long story short, new comp.
User avatar
Sephiroth
 
Joined: 19 Dec 2000
Location: California

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby Nya-chan Production » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:18 am

Imma sorry about being so uncreative this round, I guess? :>

And sorry for the lipsync, but... it's kinda hard to present a MUTE community doing AMVs... @_o
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby AimoAio » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:16 am

I'll admit I didn't really spend alot of time on my entry since I ditched my previous idea 7 hours before the deadline...but I didn't use any AE in my entry, it was all done in Sony Vegas with some PS brushes :sweat: As for sucking up to the co-ordinator I was thinking that if I advertised a competition on the org it would draw more users to come over to take a look...? :uhoh: But I'm glad there's a few who like it at least. :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2008
Location: Somewhere

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby kireblue » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:01 am

AimoAio wrote:I'll admit I didn't really spend alot of time on my entry since I ditched my previous idea 7 hours before the deadline...but I didn't use any AE in my entry, it was all done in Sony Vegas with some PS brushes :sweat: As for sucking up to the co-ordinator I was thinking that if I advertised a competition on the org it would draw more users to come over to take a look...? :uhoh: But I'm glad there's a few who like it at least. :mrgreen:

yep. It was actually my favorite. :up: good job
Image
MomoCon's 2014 AMV Contest will be accepting entries until Monday, April 28th, 2013
User avatar
kireblue
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby CodeZTM » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:26 am

meleechampion wrote:I don't wanna come in here and cause a big stink, but... come on... really?!

Okay, "12/48 eliminated" planned originally. "Oh wait, we only got 24 videos" so... three less will put you "on pace"? For what?

I guess having their names in their video doesn't DQ mycathatesyou and Mimilopir? It appears only some rules are worth taking a hard stance on.


No need to worry about causing a stink. XD

As for the 3 eliminations for round one, I'm needing to have a certain number of editors for a certain round to work in the same function that I wanted. So yes, it will put me "on pace", since I have less editors to work with. That means less number of eliminations now and less number of eliminations this round to get the number that I want.

I put this in the notes at the end, but it was brought to my attention that having one's name in the AMV wasn't actually against the rules. Only distributing the AMV before the round was over was against the rules, or posting in the thread to reveal which AMV was yours. It was more or less a loophole. I personally thought that it was an obvious inclusion, but people have been released from prison for less. Plus, it wasn't just ridiculously over the top, and was very subtle. Had they put in shining lens flares their names with a blimp coming by my house, then I would have immediately done a DQ, because then it would have been a blatant violation. Like Yue said, she didn't even notice it. Plus, we also had several people that would have recognized the voice acting in the AMVs, which would have been 2 more DQ's. Then you count the fact that some studios only had a very few number of entrants, which would have made guessing very easy, so that's just equally as unfair. The rules have since been amended to reflect that, so there will be no more confusion and no more tolerance towards it.

From what I understood, the judges was unable to guess hardly any of the video/editor pairings, and the ones that accidentally revealed themselves were not in that list. Plus, I don't think it resulted in them getting any higher of a score.
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby Vivaldi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:47 am

Ah, I'm glad my video came across as post-modern and not just half-arsed. it originally had hands in it, doing minority report style editing, but doing a good job keying it turned out to be difficult with an hour left till deadline.
Image
Image
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!
User avatar
Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
 
Joined: 29 Sep 2007
Location: Petting mah cat..

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby ShatteredFlame » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:27 am

Wow judges didn't really fuck around with tearing my video apart(in terms of scoring). I'll admit I never had any ideas where I would promote the org in a friendly manner but I still don't think my vid is too far off from promoting the org as a home to a selected group of people in general. I can't really complain though since I had more fun compiling the Welcome to the Dollhouse clips than I did with recording myself and everything after was just a bore to make.
Image
User avatar
ShatteredFlame
 
Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Location: New York

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby Kosmit » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:40 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:And sorry for the lipsync, but... it's kinda hard to present a MUTE community doing AMVs... @_o

I feel I should respond or something. Good lipsynch is something I love, so lipflap annoys the hell out of me even if it has a perfectly good reason to be there - which it had in this case. There could've been a bit less of it or it could've been timed differently or accompanied by other stuff like symbols for ideas and crap like that but hey, you didn't exactly have a lot of time to think this thoroughly through. So, despite writing what I did in the comment, I didn't actually deduct many points for that (I'm judge 5 in this round).

AimoAio wrote:As for sucking up to the co-ordinator I was thinking that if I advertised a competition on the org it would draw more users to come over to take a look...? :uhoh:

I guess I just didn't see the point of advertising the contest you're participating in when the theme was focusing on the site/community. The simple aesthethics of the clip were to my liking if it makes you feel any better :wink:
User avatar
Kosmit
Slippery Pole
 
Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pole land
Status: Punching your salad

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby CodeZTM » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:44 am

ShatteredFlame wrote:Wow judges didn't really fuck around with tearing my video apart(in terms of scoring). I'll admit I never had any ideas where I would promote the org in a friendly manner but I still don't think my vid is too far off from promoting the org as a home to a selected group of people in general. I can't really complain though since I had more fun compiling the Welcome to the Dollhouse clips than I did with recording myself and everything after was just a bore to make.


If it's any consolation, the first part of your video honestly had me in utter disgust [never seen that film]. I haven't been in utter disgust in YEARS. You broke my jaded attitude. XD
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby Nya-chan Production » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:54 am

Kosmit wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:And sorry for the lipsync, but... it's kinda hard to present a MUTE community doing AMVs... @_o

I feel I should respond or something. Good lipsynch is something I love, so lipflap annoys the hell out of me even if it has a perfectly good reason to be there - which it had in this case. There could've been a bit less of it or it could've been timed differently or accompanied by other stuff like symbols for ideas and crap like that but hey, you didn't exactly have a lot of time to think this thoroughly through. So, despite writing what I did in the comment, I didn't actually deduct many points for that (I'm judge 5 in this round).

That's cool - it usually annoys me too, so I know how you feel. It's hard to make lipflap right and my try probably failed for you, no problem with that ;x
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby NS » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:00 pm

After all my bashing of people not knowing their schedules and being able to edit family tore me away from the day I thought I would have to judge these and I didn't get a chance to XD... oh the wonderful hypocrisy.
ImageImage
User avatar
NS
I like pants
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Status: Pants

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby CorpseGoddess » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:04 pm

NS wrote:After all my bashing of people not knowing their schedules and being able to edit family tore me away from the day I thought I would have to judge these and I didn't get a chance to XD... oh the wonderful hypocrisy.


At least you have Godix pre-flipping you off for skidding past the first round. :awesome:
Image
Image
User avatar
CorpseGoddess
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: HEY GUYS

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby Radical_Yue » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Imma sorry about being so uncreative this round, I guess? :>

And sorry for the lipsync, but... it's kinda hard to present a MUTE community doing AMVs... @_o



The lipflap made sense to me o_O Besides, it's instrumental so it really wasn't that big of a deal.
ImageImage
User avatar
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby Chiiisus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:27 pm

-Actually shocked- :sweat:
But reallllly happy. It was funsies. :3
Rawr desu <3
User avatar
Chiiisus
 
Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Location: London
Status: Turtle Creeping.

Re: Round 1 Results Thread

Postby kireblue » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:34 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:Imma sorry about being so uncreative this round, I guess? :>

And sorry for the lipsync, but... it's kinda hard to present a MUTE community doing AMVs... @_o



The lipflap made sense to me o_O Besides, it's instrumental so it really wasn't that big of a deal.

In my opinion, the video wouldn't even feel right without the lip flaps. Its clearly about a discussion among friends that are editing a video. Without lip flaps, it would seem like they were just watching and not actually working together.
Image
MomoCon's 2014 AMV Contest will be accepting entries until Monday, April 28th, 2013
User avatar
kireblue
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

PreviousNext

Return to Project OrgEditor (2011)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest