Project OrgEditor [Discussion (Spam) Thread]

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Discussion (Spam) Thread]

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:35 pm

If gloryquestor or other members if the administration disagree with my rules then I will be more than happy to amend them. So please take your complaints up with them. Until I hear otherwise, the rules will stay as they are.

Also, I have more than heard your distaste for the first round. :sweat: I honestly thought it was a creative idea to see a different kind of trailer amv, and would be an interesting way to simultaneously provide a way to promote our site. Like I already said, the rest of the rounds are clearly and directly amv related.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:42 pm

I would go the other route here and say that if this is an AMV website, then it's only reasonable that most of the videos we'll get will be AMVs proper. I don't understand this need to babysit the contest participants and tell them what to do or not do. This is animemusicvideos.org after all, and I think it's silly expecting that somehow this contest is going to make this whole thing drift away from what the site is about. People come here primarily for AMVs and it's absurd to think that giving that option in a contest will somehow change that. And if it does, maybe that's got more to say about the site than it does about the contest.

Either way, I totally don't see this suddenly turning into a non-AMV contest. Especially when the first round is specifically .org-themed.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:47 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Like I already said, the rest of the rounds are clearly and directly amv related.
Perhaps it might be a good idea to amend the rules to reflect this. If someone uses non-anime, they need to know that they will be at a disadvantage. The rules make it sound like only the final round is AMV related.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

ShatteredFlame
Org Profile

Post by ShatteredFlame » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:48 pm

LOL there always has to be that one asshole bitching about everything like they're losing sleep over it at night. That's the internet for you |:>

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:56 pm

Ileia wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:Like I already said, the rest of the rounds are clearly and directly amv related.
Perhaps it might be a good idea to amend the rules to reflect this. If someone uses non-anime, they need to know that they will be at a disadvantage. The rules make it sound like only the final round is AMV related.
I can definitely do that. As soon as I can type with something other than my phone.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:57 pm

ShatteredFlame wrote:LOL there always has to be that one asshole bitching about everything like they're losing sleep over it at night. That's the internet for you |:>
There always has to be that one asshole bitching about someone speaking their opinion like they're losing sleep over it at night. That's the internet for you |:>

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:03 pm

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:34 pm

Additionally, this contest is modeled after Project Runway, in which the designers are not using ordinary materials a lot of the time. I don't really think there's a problem with allowing people to use sources other than just anime. This site is also very predominately an "internet pop culture" site, if you will, and is also very meme-centric. My Little Pony is not an anime at all yet scrolling down any forum page at least half of the avatars/signatures are pony related. It's part of the culture.
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:04 pm

gotenks794 wrote:Additionally, this contest is modeled after Project Runway, in which the designers are not using ordinary materials a lot of the time. I don't really think there's a problem with allowing people to use sources other than just anime. This site is also very predominately an "internet pop culture" site, if you will, and is also very meme-centric. My Little Pony is not an anime at all yet scrolling down any forum page at least half of the avatars/signatures are pony related. It's part of the culture.

That comparison would only work if Project Runway was hosted on The Cotton Channel: All Cotton, All the Time.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:42 pm

gotenks794 wrote: My Little Pony
DRAMA

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”