The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - OFFICIAL RULES

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - OFFICIAL RULE

Post by Scintilla » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Brad wrote:So, when I say consecutive episodes, I hope you understand what that means. Let’s say that Sam wants one of his sources to be Cowboy Bebop. He would need to pick episodes 1-5, 4-8, 17-21, etc. and NOT, episodes 3, 9, 11, 17, & 25. This again helps us keep it similar to the single-DVD-only solution. So I don’t care where in the series you pull from, but they’ve gotta be consecutive back-to-back episodes.
In the case of TMoSH (first season), is "consecutive" understood to be in the broadcast (Kyon) order or the chronological (Haruhi) order that was used for the non-L.E. DVD releases?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Lapskaus
Org Profile

Post by Lapskaus » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:11 pm

@Scintilla
Oh wow, that made me laugh ... but yeah, it actually is a good question.

@topic
WHARRGARBL

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:50 pm

Uuuummmm... I'd say in the case of Haruhi, pick an order, which ever one you prefer, and if you decide to use Haruhi again, you have to stick to the order you chose the first time. I can't think of any other example where that's really an issue (but if you can think of any, let me know)
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Finally.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:32 pm

Going to work, will read everything later but glad to see the thread : )

LopezAMV
Org Profile

Post by LopezAMV » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:10 am

Brad wrote:If we get at least 88 but not the full 96, the remaining spots will be placed as blank, and whoever gets seeded against the blank spots gets a by.
Gonna start looking for a voodoo witch doctor.
Brad wrote:When you do your match is entirely up to your and your competitor.
This tickled my insides a little. So it's entirely up to your² competitor?
All the talk about loopholes made me look for one :P

Now with that aside, I actually have a question. How often do people forfeit or simply choose not to edit? As outrageous as it may sound I'd be devastated if my opponent didn't submit an entry (or rather just slightly bummed, a win is a win after all). But yea it would suck to put alot (or a little) bit of effort into something when you really didn't have to. Like you said most of us have lives- given I don't necessarily consider being knee-deep in debt cause of an over-priced college education much of a life- I still would rather spend some of that time reading/studying, or owning noobs on Reach...either way I'd end up a better man. This is the first time I've considered joining one of these things so I have no clue about how often this happens.

Also, are we allowed to use any of the 4 sources that weren't chosen from the previous round for the next one? -Some sources are too good to lose without using them.
I was too busy looking for loopholes that I don't remember reading it in the rules :)
Last edited by LopezAMV on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:25 am

LopezAMV wrote:
Brad wrote:When you do your match is entirely up to your and your competitor.
This tickled my insides a little. So it's entirely up to your² competitor?
All the talk about loopholes made me look for one :P

Now with that aside, I actually have a question. How often do people forfeit or simply choose not to edit? As outrageous as it may sound I'd be devastated if my opponent didn't submit an entry (or rather just slightly bummed, a win is a win after all). But yea it would suck to put alot (or a little) bit of effort into something when you really didn't have to. This is the first time I've considered joining one of these things so I have no clue about how often this happens.
Fixed the typo :P

As far as people bowing out, it did happen, but honestly not very often. If we do end up getting an excess of people wanting to sign-up I will have an alternates list. So for the first round if people decide they just can't do it (or don't want to anymore) I will take them out and fill their spot. But hopefully we won't have to worry about that too much.
LopezAMV wrote:Also, are we allowed to use any of the 4 sources that weren't chosen from the previous round for the next one? -Some sources are too good to lose without using them.
I was too busy looking for loopholes that I don't remember reading it in the rules :)
It's in there (sort of). You can definitely carry the unused sources over to the next round. I didn't spell it out like that but I did say that you can't re-use the source you ended up getting for the actual video.
Last edited by Brad on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

LopezAMV
Org Profile

Post by LopezAMV » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:32 am

Brad wrote: As far as people bowing out, it did happen, but honestly not very often. If we do end up getting an excess of people wanting to sign-up I will have an alternates list. So for the first round if people decide they just can't do it (or don't want to anymore) I will take them out and fill their spot. But hopefully we won't have to worry about that too much.
That's good to know, thanks. I edited my post and added a second question, so if you can answer that one as well that'd be super :D

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:34 am

A question on sources' episode counts: what about series where an episode is significantly shorter than the standard half-hour, like DiGi Charat or Chi's Sweet Home, which were something like 3 minutes each? Would we be allowed an increase in count to come up with the approx. 150 minutes of footage, or be limited to the 15 or so minutes that five episodes would give us?

LopezAMV
Org Profile

Post by LopezAMV » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:45 am

Brad wrote: It's in there (sort of). You can definitely carry the unused sources over to the next round. I didn't spell it out like that but I did say that you can't re-use the source you ended up getting for the actual video.
Great, it's good to know I'll be able to save Champloo and/or Evangelion for a rainy day (given I make it past the first round lol).

Return to “The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0”