Winners posted!

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: We have two ties!

Post by Ileia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:37 am

Dr.Dinosaur wrote:I also realize that whatever I type now doesn't make any difference for reggie's video, but hopefully it might change at least one attitude towards these things for the future.

Muting audio on a medium that is meant to combine audio and visual elements to determine effectiveness in storytelling is dumb.
It would be like turning the TV off when watching Airplane and only listening to the audio and wondering why it isn't as funny as everyone says.

But that would be how funny it is, not how well it tells a story, so that's not even a valid example.

Anyway, if something tells a story well enough that you can understand it without audio, then that is impressive, but it should not be the sole deciding factor.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:57 am

Ileia wrote:
Dr.Dinosaur wrote:I also realize that whatever I type now doesn't make any difference for reggie's video, but hopefully it might change at least one attitude towards these things for the future.

Muting audio on a medium that is meant to combine audio and visual elements to determine effectiveness in storytelling is dumb.
It would be like turning the TV off when watching Airplane and only listening to the audio and wondering why it isn't as funny as everyone says.

But that would be how funny it is, not how well it tells a story, so that's not even a valid example.

Anyway, if something tells a story well enough that you can understand it without audio, then that is impressive, but it should not be the sole deciding factor.
Yes this is what I meant.

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Dr.Dinosaur wrote:Muting audio on a medium that is meant to combine audio and visual elements to determine effectiveness in storytelling is dumb.
ask chaplin.

muting audio is for me an excellent way to check storytelling, if you do it with a movie and regardless the lack of script, you can understand the story, that´s great and valuable in cinematographic lenguage, as an example with Aggressor´s , you really don´t need the song for the amv to be understandable and to get the whole idea and that´s not simple or dumb, it´s just the value of image, like an actor who can tell you all the feelings just by his expressions, so that´s the 7th art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7syeomwZbk

you can have a narrator but if people could get the idea without a narrator, that clearly speak best to me, you can combine both source audio and video, but it would be better if each one is indepent and expressive by its own, and that´s why so many movies SUCKS!... and the fact there are no more commercial films with sad/tragic endings, *some movies are sad and depressive but just for how bad they sucks and the time you waste with them, but I won´t get deeper.
Ileia wrote:Anyway, if something tells a story well enough that you can understand it without audio, then that is impressive, but it should not be the sole deciding factor.
|:> but it is the way I like to do it :P
SING! Never mind the words!!!

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Still, Reggie's vid didn't deserve to enter into finals so well ._.
I seriously don't understand why this vid has so much succes.

Don't think I have something against Reggie, I really like his FF vid but the Gilgamesh one... ^^"

Ileia
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:12 pm

It wasn't in the finals...
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Ileia wrote:It wasn't in the finals...
it is in character profile, I voted for it :up:

Ileia
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:58 pm

Ikore wrote:
But not for storytelling, which is what people are talking about. :p

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:06 pm

Ileia wrote:
Ikore wrote:
But not for storytelling, which is what people are talking about. :p
It needs to win at something even if it's not storytelling.

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:13 pm

we should be giving to MimS an explanation of why the Epic of gilgamesh is so Epic :D but it is too late for campaign, I just love that vid , not as storytelling :rofl:, but I enjoy everytime I watch it, reggie´s style is amazing, got my vote as rookie too |:>

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:22 pm

MimS wrote:Still, Reggie's vid didn't deserve to enter into finals so well ._.
I seriously don't understand why this vid has so much succes.
Yes, i admit that there was TOO much hype around his video. You could find anywhere editors bragging about him and saying OH DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR REGGIE!, also made a poster for him, promoted him like there was no tomorrow and tried to give a great value to the video. After all this hype i decided to watch this so-called superb amv. Yes, I liked it, I even voted for it, but seriously - all this madness around this piece of work made me sick. :down:

Return to “2011 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”