2011 VCA General Discussion

This is a forum for discussion of the 2011 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards.
User avatar
Gaurry
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:46 am
Location: Moscow/Russia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby Gaurry » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:21 pm

"this is org" (c)
Image

User avatar
Kyssifur
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:35 am
Status: I can Ntertain
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby Kyssifur » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:37 pm

:mrgreen:
we are awesome

User avatar
Hagaren Viper
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:51 pm
Status: Just wanna play Persona 4Ever
Location: I dont wanna edit
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby Hagaren Viper » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:00 am

QC wrote:Due to pending star requirement issues, this video is receiving a star rating without yet being watched. If you do not agree with this, please make your frustration with how this process is handled for high volume times such as the VCAs known.


Is this...actually anything, or is someone trying to troll me? Because thats a random way to get a message.
ImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
Kazemon15
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 9:28 pm
Status: Reborn! Fanatic
Location: AMV Freak, California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby Kazemon15 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:04 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:
QC wrote:Due to pending star requirement issues, this video is receiving a star rating without yet being watched. If you do not agree with this, please make your frustration with how this process is handled for high volume times such as the VCAs known.


Is this...actually anything, or is someone trying to troll me? Because thats a random way to get a message.



I actually got one too. So I'm guessing it's no troll. ^^
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Image

User avatar
Ikore
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:08 pm
Status: Alive
Location: Costa Rica.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby Ikore » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:30 am

:shark: semi-final voting done and now... what about pen-pen award? It´s some kind of joke with 4 nominees or something? :|
SING! Never mind the words!!!

User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:21 am
Status: White bracelet
Location: Ward 7F
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:54 am

Kazemon15 wrote:
Hagaren Viper wrote:
QC wrote:Due to pending star requirement issues, this video is receiving a star rating without yet being watched. If you do not agree with this, please make your frustration with how this process is handled for high volume times such as the VCAs known.


Is this...actually anything, or is someone trying to troll me? Because thats a random way to get a message.



I actually got one too. So I'm guessing it's no troll. ^^

Oh hey, I got four! :ying:

Ikore wrote::shark: semi-final voting done and now... what about pen-pen award? It´s some kind of joke with 4 nominees or something? :|

The qualified videos had to be under 60 seconds, so I guess the other semi-finalists were DQed for being too long(?)
Image

User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Status: Top Breeder
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby Kitsuner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:01 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Ikore wrote::shark: semi-final voting done and now... what about pen-pen award? It´s some kind of joke with 4 nominees or something? :|

The qualified videos had to be under 60 seconds, so I guess the other semi-finalists were DQed for being too long(?)

There were plenty of eligible videos that were short enough. They just didn't the minimum number of votes, apparently. I was particularly surprised that neither of Scintilla's shorts made it through.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

User avatar
Rider4Z
The Machine
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:55 am
Status: Post-Apocalyptic
Location: The fender
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby Rider4Z » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Due to pending star requirement issues, this video is receiving a star rating without yet being watched. If you do not agree with this, please make your frustration with how this process is handled for high volume times such as the VCAs known.

i got it too. all i can say is if they had no intention of watching WHY WAS IT DOWNLOADED IN THE FIRST PLACE?

if people have gripes they need to leave others out of it and stand on their own feet.
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Expo 2016 Editors' Dinner

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:04 pm

You have to vote after every 10. Makes the ability to queue the entire list (to watch them all later) a little bit pointless.

User avatar
Rider4Z
The Machine
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:55 am
Status: Post-Apocalyptic
Location: The fender
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby Rider4Z » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:57 pm

it's still the responsibility of the viewer to leave an appropriate rating.
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Expo 2016 Editors' Dinner

User avatar
HalOfBorg
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:19 pm
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby HalOfBorg » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:37 pm

I guess this at least makes the voting mandatory - if you DL ten, you have to vote.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:22 pm
Status: Calm Your Miniature Colorful Horses
Location: Detroit area
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby ngsilver » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:00 am

I got one of those as well. There are many viewers on the org who don't like the star scale and will simply vote whatever number they feel like and leave it at that. I've known people to set all 5s and those that set all 1s and many who set all 3s. It's standard practice especially for those who prefer to DL large quantities of vids at the same time as well as those who disagree with the mandatory nature of the star scale voting.

Personally though, I'd rather have not gotten a message at all. As that is an option.... guess someone wanted to make a point?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:32 pm
Status: With all other Seleçãos
Location: Paris
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby MimS » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:23 am

Best Short is a fail, as expected (for me). Next time, don't add a category just because someone asks for it :uhoh:
Image
Image

User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Status: Top Breeder
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby Kitsuner » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:40 am

MimS wrote:Best Short is a fail, as expected (for me). Next time, don't add a category just because someone asks for it :uhoh:

I think an award for Best Short-Form AMV is a great idea, but from what I've heard, many people had issues knowing how long videos were. If there were some way to filter the nomination options, I'd expect the number of semi-finalists to better match other categories.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:32 pm
Status: With all other Seleçãos
Location: Paris
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Postby MimS » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:12 am

It can't be a great idea.
Watching a vid, you're not saying "hm, that lenght was cool", you just consider what's inside.
Or if there is "best short", there has to be "best long" and The Epic of Griffith would prolly win (reading org people ops on it) but I don't see anybody consider it as a point making the vid good. I would even say mentioning it to someone, you prolly say that there's no need to be afraid of the lenght.
Lenght isn't a matter point in editing. In addition, if it's good and short, you will regret this lenght like "Need moar, why is it so short?".

Anyway, the fact there weren't even enough vid to vote for in semi-finals seems enough to me.
There was no issue like that with "Best Storytelling" last year, nobody needed more explanation about it!

Just my op about that...
Image
Image


Return to “2011 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests