[beta.a-m-v.org] Hey, we're semi-official

I Fight For The Users
Org Profile

Re: [beta.a-m-v.org] Hey, we're semi-official

Post by I Fight For The Users » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:50 am

Kariudo sent me some metrics. Here's a selection of page hits over the past six months:

My reading of this is that I'm on the right track.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:56 am

Out of curiosity, what is the funcationality of the quick comment and opinion system going to be like? I know it's not the most important thing right now, but it's just something that I'm curious about (as both of them are something that I use frequently).

I Fight For The Users
Org Profile

Post by I Fight For The Users » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:00 am

CodeZTM wrote: Out of curiosity, what is the funcationality of the quick comment and opinion system going to be like? I know it's not the most important thing right now, but it's just something that I'm curious about (as both of them are something that I use frequently).
Leaving them out for now; will probably open up a beta without them. (This doesn't mean that existing QC/opinion data will be deleted; there's no reason to delete it.)

I (with the rest of the Machine) have been tossing around an idea for alternative system that may spur greater activity: https://github.com/amvorg-underground/catalog/issues/31

That issue doesn't really describe the system in that much detail, but that's because I don't have much else concrete to write about it at the moment.

I Fight For The Users
Org Profile

CORRECTION

Post by I Fight For The Users » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:02 am

Where I previously wrote "metrics", insert "activity data". Metrics are how you measure; activity data is what you get out of those metrics.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:42 am

I Fight For The Users wrote:This is something that Facebook does, and it's something I've considered implementing -- but I'll leave it out for now; when more people start using that functionality, we can look at it then.
Sounds good to me.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:32 pm

On this whole subject of sterility:

Wait a sec, isn't the idea that the first thing you see on the page is a featured video that you can immediately start watching/streaming? If so, then that's a huge improvement over what we have currently IMO. I think coming on the page and immediately being presented with the content of what we do rather than a bunch of text is a very good way to get people involved.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

I Fight For The Users
Org Profile

Post by I Fight For The Users » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Otohiko wrote:On this whole subject of sterility:

Wait a sec, isn't the idea that the first thing you see on the page is a featured video that you can immediately start watching/streaming? If so, then that's a huge improvement over what we have currently IMO. I think coming on the page and immediately being presented with the content of what we do rather than a bunch of text is a very good way to get people involved.
That is the idea, yes. My current plan is that the banner turns into a video player when clicked; downloads can be given a similarly prominent position.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:26 pm

I Fight For The Users wrote:
CodeZTM wrote: Out of curiosity, what is the funcationality of the quick comment and opinion system going to be like? I know it's not the most important thing right now, but it's just something that I'm curious about (as both of them are something that I use frequently).
Leaving them out for now; will probably open up a beta without them. (This doesn't mean that existing QC/opinion data will be deleted; there's no reason to delete it.)

I (with the rest of the Machine) have been tossing around an idea for alternative system that may spur greater activity: https://github.com/amvorg-underground/catalog/issues/31

That issue doesn't really describe the system in that much detail, but that's because I don't have much else concrete to write about it at the moment.
I guess what I really want to know is if there will still be a scored ranking system and area for comments about the videos. Considering the activity of the Announcement Forum, this is really the only way most people can get somewhat valuable critiques. I'd also be sad to see the top 10% gone.

That seems like a great system to replace the broken QC system, but if that's it by itself, I'd be a little sad.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Otohiko wrote:On this whole subject of sterility:

I'd rather not watch a video on something that resembles hospital floor, though :3

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:I'd rather not watch a video on something that resembles hospital floor, though :3
Then don't watch videos in a hospital.

Return to “Org Redesign”