The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Post by Bauzi » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:52 am

My problem with the org's design right now is that everything is on one page. I would like to see a homepage with tabs or something.

One tab that gives you everything you need to watch and comment videos (default page?)
One tab that gives you full control over your videos and statistics
One tab that lets you get involved in the community with the forum, the chat etc.
One tab that gives you all you need to evolve yourself with guides and helping tutorials

I would welcome such a system.

@OtakuGray:
Yeah the YT is big things for important stuff. You just can't find the search bar or the subscribe button (subscribes are just like alerts, right?).

Also I would like to see a regular news letter. I know that everybody is allowed to submit content for the newsletter, but I think that we should really get off our asses and make one. Featuring hot a-m-v.org site news, interessting videos and forum threads and maybe featuring podcast's like Ngsilver's show.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

OtakuGray
I understoop!
Org Profile

Post by OtakuGray » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:47 am

Bauzi wrote:I know that everybody is allowed to submit content for the newsletter
LOL Wait...Theres a newsletter? :rofl:

Bauzi wrote: @OtakuGray:
Yeah the YT is big things for important stuff. You just can't find the search bar or the subscribe button (subscribes are just like alerts, right?).
and the sub button is at the top of every channel/video and same with the search bar :shock: yeah subs are like alerts. You get videos on the front page and it shows what they made recently. It can get a little unorganized at times...and you HAVE to watch the videos to make them go off the FP. Its not fool-proof but it is a good way of showing people when videos are made at times.
godix wrote:Like this one amv. It was all like woosh, zoom with effects. And I was all like whoa awesome. Then that guitar thingies popped up and went dun dun DUN dun then those box thingies went zooming by and twirling around and shit. Oh god, then the hexagons popped up and I was like 'I just got a stiffie'. Then there was the circle with those thingies going around and I blew my load.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:03 am

As far as I can guess: There still is a newsletter, but nobody submits content for it.

I received the last org newsletter years ago. It was quite nice.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:18 pm

OtakuGray wrote:
LOL Wait...Theres a newsletter? :rofl:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:19 pm

it's not that no one is submitting to it, it's that no one is organizing it.. at least that's the way it seems to me.

OtakuGray
I understoop!
Org Profile

Post by OtakuGray » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:43 pm

I think a lot of the out-of-date guides should be updated :| a lot of the information...like USING MFTOON is probably bad advice for newbies interested in improving their skills.
godix wrote:Like this one amv. It was all like woosh, zoom with effects. And I was all like whoa awesome. Then that guitar thingies popped up and went dun dun DUN dun then those box thingies went zooming by and twirling around and shit. Oh god, then the hexagons popped up and I was like 'I just got a stiffie'. Then there was the circle with those thingies going around and I blew my load.

-MD
Org Profile

Post by -MD » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:55 pm

You guys and gals aren't editing enough.....less talk more edit.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:16 pm

-MD wrote:You guys and gals aren't editing enough.....less world of warcraft more edit.
Fixed. :ying:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:55 pm

-MD wrote:You guys and gals aren't editing enough.....less talk more edit.
MD doesn't edit.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

OtakuGray
I understoop!
Org Profile

Post by OtakuGray » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:51 pm

how to improve the org:

*worldofwarcraft.org

Return to “Org Redesign”