The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: The Org Redesign - What's wrong with the org?

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:18 am

If people aren't using the means provided already (Opinions sub-forum, #amv-review) why would they start using a new section that's exactly the same thing?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:57 am

OtakuGray wrote:I've tested this. Its rare. About two or three people look at it but in the end its still only a small margin of the whole org...unless ofc ur a famous editor or you promote by going OMG LOOK AT MY AMAZING VIDEO PLOX!!!!111 until someone finally clicks the link.
Do you really need more than two or three people in most cases? Are you editing or taking a poll where you need hundreds of samples? Also note, OMG LOOK AT MY AMAZING VIDEO PLOX!!!!111 is one of the least likely ways to get constructive feedback from IRC that I can think of.

OtakuGray
I understoop!
Org Profile

Post by OtakuGray » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:10 am

Pwolf wrote:Maybe if you stuck around long enough to interact with the people in the chan they might be more willing to watch a beta?
My point is...we shouldn't have too. We need a more efficient way of showing a beta to someone and getting feedback quickly.
godix wrote:Like this one amv. It was all like woosh, zoom with effects. And I was all like whoa awesome. Then that guitar thingies popped up and went dun dun DUN dun then those box thingies went zooming by and twirling around and shit. Oh god, then the hexagons popped up and I was like 'I just got a stiffie'. Then there was the circle with those thingies going around and I blew my load.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:35 am

OtakuGray wrote:
Pwolf wrote:Maybe if you stuck around long enough to interact with the people in the chan they might be more willing to watch a beta?
My point is...we shouldn't have too. We need a more efficient way of showing a beta to someone and getting feedback quickly.
And thus AMV studios were born.

No, rly.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:06 am

OtakuGray wrote:
Can you rephrase that in a way that doesn't make you sound like an anti-social privileged twat?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:48 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
OtakuGray wrote:
Can you rephrase that in a way that doesn't make you sound like an anti-social privileged twat?
But he is an anti-social privileged twat.

Also.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 6&t=102161
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 6&t=102111
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 6&t=101986

All somewhat decent threads, no replies. I Myself am to blame for this, but. I'm not the type to beta test often, so yeah :P . Just learn how to use the opinions forum or maybe make a beta test sub-forum or another board, so all this unnecessary bitching may end when it'll end just as dead.

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:57 am

SING! Never mind the words!!!

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:28 pm

<3 gabo

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Enigma wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:
OtakuGray wrote:
But he is an anti-social privileged twat.

Also.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 6&t=102161
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 6&t=102111
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 6&t=101986

All somewhat decent threads, no replies. I Myself am to blame for this, but. I'm not the type to beta test often, so yeah :P . Just learn how to use the opinions forum or maybe make a beta test sub-forum or another board, so all this unnecessary bitching may end when it'll end just as dead.
They might have gotten replies via PM or YT system - honestly, would you bother looking on it on YT and then switch back to reply when you can write your opinion there?

OtakuGray
I understoop!
Org Profile

Post by OtakuGray » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Did someone on the internet call me anti-social? wow.
godix wrote:Like this one amv. It was all like woosh, zoom with effects. And I was all like whoa awesome. Then that guitar thingies popped up and went dun dun DUN dun then those box thingies went zooming by and twirling around and shit. Oh god, then the hexagons popped up and I was like 'I just got a stiffie'. Then there was the circle with those thingies going around and I blew my load.

Return to “Org Redesign”