What manga most needs a (faithful) anime adaption?

Ishbalan
Org Profile

What manga most needs a (faithful) anime adaption?

Post by Ishbalan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:52 pm

For every anime made, there are dozens of manga titles that will never see the screen. Which one do you believe most deserves an anime adaption, granted it stays faithful to the source material. You may also include manga titles with anime adaptions that were butchered and don't do their mothers justice.

For me, it is:
Pokemon Special

This series gives the series new life, appealing to a much wider age audience, and especially appealing to handhold gamers. It would make a killing if it ever came to the screen. This series would make Pokemon cool again.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: What manga most needs a (faithful) anime adaption?

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:51 pm

BERSERK! i thought the anime was somewhat good when i first watched it, then i read the manga and was like "omg what have they done, this series got abused more than all of the characters in it put together!" (which is saying something just about everyone in that series is raped at one point or another). was the same way with hellsing till the ova came out.

mahou sensei negima could use a huge makeover, the anime was for 12 year olds where the manga is a perfectly good teen shounen/harem series with all the action and fanservice needed. there's plenty more out there but those are the two that spring to mind the most, as far as anime that don't live up to the manga.

as far as great manga that could be made into anime, i would say MxO is a definite, very funny with good story and characters and its a complete series so no need for dumb filler eps like with many of the current series.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:56 pm

Jasta85 wrote:BERSERK!
X2

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:19 am

Gunsmith Cats needs a more faithful adaption. I haven't seen the anime, but from what I hear it leaves out many characters and plots that were in the manga, including Goldie and Bean, two incredibly important characters to the manga.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:21 pm

Jasta85 wrote:mahou sensei negima could use a huge makeover, the anime was for 12 year olds where the manga is a perfectly good teen shounen/harem series with all the action and fanservice needed. there's plenty more out there but those are the two that spring to mind the most, as far as anime that don't live up to the manga.
Which version of Negima are you talking about? The Xebec version (which followed closely to the first three volumes of the manga, but ignored the "genre change" that Ken began putting into place by volume 4 and instead focused on the harem aspect), or the Shaft version (which, even though it was set in an "alternate universe" than the manga, tried to stay true to the magic aspect and had a lot of promise before the big mistake of having
Spoiler :
everyone find out that Negi is a mage halfway through the show's run)?
Anyways, I do agree that Negima is a show that needs a huge makeover. While the OAV's (that are coming out with volumes of the manga in Japan) definitely give us a good idea of how it could be done animation wise, it still needs to be longer than not just a few OAV's (especially given how the current OAV series is only going to cover the worst part of the "Magic World" arc), but also your typical 26-episode show.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:50 pm

I would say that Psycho Busters deserves a decent anime adaptation.
I would also say Deadman Wonderland, but apparently an anime for that has been greenlit already. So I'm content. :D

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:58 pm

For me Death Note, the manga is very heavy, but the anime is fantastic.
This. :up:
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:46 pm

diegao94 wrote:For me Death Note, the manga is very heavy, but the anime is fantastic.
This. :up:
you know, i have a few manga series that i would love to have converted to anime like this that are also quite short and are ongoing. the problem is that if an anime was made of them tomorrow the first few eps would be accurate and then the second half of the anime would be completely made up and end with a very bad ending. that is usually why when i hope a series is going to be made into an anime it only happens when the series is complete so the anime can also be completed.

for example full metal alchemist (the manga) only has about 1 chapter released a month and it is STILL ongoing, although from the last chapter released the end must be very near
Spoiler :
as it looks like everyone in the world just died lol .
the new anime adaption (which follows the manga very closely) is coming out regularly and in a few months it will definitely have caught up with the manga. what happens if the manga is not quite done yet but the anime is out of material? do they just put it on hold or make up an ending. however what i think will happen is as the manga looks very close to completion they might have the manga and anime end at almost the same time, in fact if they were smart they could have both released on the same day, which would really be awsome i think.

but i digress, the point is i prefer completed manga series to be animated as it ensures the anime series has an ending to follow.

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:03 pm

I agree with you, then come filler episodes etc. :|
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

nikolakis
Org Profile

Post by nikolakis » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:04 am

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi ( Anime : low budget animation :( )
Gantz
Tenjou Tenge
Berserk
Claymore ( Anime : The filler ending was awful )

I won't add Black Lagoon because they are going to release an Ova. :up:

Also i don't like the Fairy Tail anime, the manga is way better :cry:
ImageImage

Return to “General Anime”