First anime you ever saw?

ruselrones
Org Profile

Re: First anime you ever saw?

Post by ruselrones » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:33 am

My first anime is the Superman. I was a child. I am very big fan of superman. I do not like the only thing about the superman is that He is wearing the underwear above his costume. I hate that things. I like his power so much.

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Cardcaptor Sakura or 'Cardcaptors the name of the brutally mutilated english version'
XD then Sailor Moon i watched them both around the same time :'D
Rawr desu <3

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:22 pm

Both brutally mutilated x|
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:25 am

oldwrench wrote:I remember seeing Astro boy when I was young, but didn't know it was Japanese then. I'm a year older than your mom, Kionon. I first got into watching anime when my son brought Ninja Scroll home shen he was in college, back in the 90's. That sure wasn't kids cartoons. Next he brought Evangelion, and I was hooked. He also brought home some amv's, and I got hooked on them too.
My mother likes very little anime. Mostly just the Ghibli films. She never really picked up too many of the series I brought home around the same time frame your son did. She did like the Read or Die OAVs because she's a librarian and found the idea of superspy librarians operating out of the Library of Congress to be rather entertaining. In general however, she is much more analytical about it, holding anime as a literary form to be cataloged and collected by library collections. You will find her more likely to read mysteries and watch CSI than tune into anime without some very specific plot points.

As for AMVs, despite being a librarian, she is almost wholly computer illiterate, although her databasing skills are amazing. She has begun to study photoshop, but non-linear editing is quite a while away, even with a pro-editor for a child.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

bardokt
Org Profile

Post by bardokt » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:57 pm

mm dragon ball z!!! ^^

SovietJedi
Org Profile

Post by SovietJedi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:04 pm

My first anime? Well, that depends.

My first anime EVAR, like the first anime I watched on Toonami as a kid, was Robotech. And I know people are going to hate me for saying it, but I think Robotech is way better than Macross will ever be.

But the first real anime, I mean not a kid show, not on Toonami, and I watched it from beginning to end, was Neon Genesis Evangelion. I watched the first episode on the day of my twelfth birthday. I had read about the show on Wikipedia, and it sounded interesting, although at the time I must admit the only anime I liked was Akira. I was really bored, because I was waiting for my friends to arrive. I watched the first episode online and I was hooked from the start, and watched four more episodes. When my friends finally arrived, I said "what are you guys doing here?" That's right, the show was so good that it made me forget all about my birthday. That was the show that started my otakuhood, and it's remained my favorite to this day.

LOL BLURRY

The Ginga Ninja
Org Profile

Post by The Ginga Ninja » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Sailor Moon was the first anime I can remember watching. Then Dragon Ball Z. lol.

guardiansoulblade
Org Profile

Post by guardiansoulblade » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:23 pm

Superbook and Flying House. Then Digimon Adventure 02.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:23 am

SovietJedi wrote:My first anime EVAR, like the first anime I watched on Toonami as a kid, was Robotech. And I know people are going to hate me for saying it, but I think Robotech is way better than Macross will ever be.
Hate you? No.

Think you terribly misguided? Maaaaaybe. :wink:

I have fond memories of watching Robotech in the 80s, but nostalgia does not make me think Robotech is better than Macross. Not when it comes to strength of story consistency. I hold no ill will towards Robotech, especially having discussed it in detail with Carl Macek in 2003. I respect what he did because of why he was forced to do it. I'm glad I had Robotech to watch in the 80s.
Neon Genesis Evangelion
twelfth birthday
had read about the show on Wikipedia
first episode online
I have to stop reading this thread. When I was twelve Eva didn't exist, and when it did come out, you could barely get it in VHS, let alone online, and wikipedia was years from being developed.

|:

Lawn, off, etc.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:56 am

Yuu Yuu Hakusho
Then Cowboy Bebop

I had luck for my first anime titles ^^