Who here likes Evangelion??

RadicalEd0
Org Profile

Post by RadicalEd0 » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:33 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:Hmmmmmm....

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....

Eva, eh?

Well, the first 2/3 of the show were great. Good characters, interesting battles, and a clean plot that involved so many twists and intricate turns that I was soooo excited for the end of the series that I couldn't bear the suspense. And then I saw the ending.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

After seeing the attrociously boring and unfulfilling last 2 episodes, I heard that the movie, EoE, was the TRUE ending to the show, and actually showed what really happens, not what the hell Shinji is thinking (As if we cared). So then I saw that...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Now, if you liked the end of eva (movie or series) then I'm fine with that. I just wish that they had at least made it make sense and not just be purely charcter developement in the form of some trippy ass visuals. I wanted to know more of what was going on in the real world, which was left unexplained, especially at the end of EoE, which was left entirely open to the viewers interpretation (Not something I liked).
oh my god guys grow up youre just too dumb to understand it stupid oh god i cant believe you didnt understand the last two episodes of eva were so brilliant they made me cry especially when shinji looks up reis skirts guys but seriously omg grow up and live in the real world where you cant be stupid because if youre stupid then i hate you shalhslahskhahlahsklhash

Jace Tsunami
Org Profile

Post by Jace Tsunami » Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:08 pm

yeah, I've always understood the anime I watched, though I can understand some one not getting EVA. How ever I've had friends with really high IQs not understand Gundam Wing. This kid had problems through out the entire series, and in EW when Heero Yuy shoots Mari Meya (not even going to attempt to spell that right) He started laughing when I told him what it ment when he said, I've killed Mari Meya, and then was just like what ever.

There are tons of stupid people that can'r understand squat. These are probably the people that think DBZ has the greatest story and plot, because they understand it.
http://www.punkaddict.com

myspace.com/punkaddict

Zero_Gundam
Org Profile

Post by Zero_Gundam » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:55 pm

The Evas are hella tight when they're in Beserker Mode. You know somebody's gonna die now....

Nihao Shampoo
Org Profile

Post by Nihao Shampoo » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:05 pm

Ah, yes, Eva, that is the one and only anime. Very few people can actually delve deep enough to fully understand the theological and intellectual ramifications of the show. And then again there are the sexual inuendosto deal with.
"I'm so fscked up."
Woo! That was one messed up scene there lemme tell you.
"That was a grown up kiss, we'll finish the rest when you get back."
Boom! She was Misato patte. I honestly cried when she was blown to pieces, her and Asuka both. Yeah, that show rules. I just love the little tree of Sefiroth that's painted all over Gendo's office, and think it funny that he put himself at the crown. @$$hole.

Jace Tsunami
Org Profile

Post by Jace Tsunami » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:15 pm

WOW!

all this eva talk, eva talk everywhere across the board, chats, just eva talk in general, it's massive.

Even through all of that I've just nodded my head and said yeah, eva was cool. But your post right there has inspired me to woop out my tapes and watch it again. You didn't say much, and I still don't know exactly what it was that struck me, that's kinda odd to me, ironic even.

Don't know what you said, but i'm officialy inspired, I'm going to go watch my eva tapes now.
http://www.punkaddict.com

myspace.com/punkaddict

derek_t
Org Profile

Eva

Post by derek_t » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:34 am

Ok, I have this to say.

1) No one knows which version is the true vision of the creators. I heard many people say "The Tv series, the movie was done in anger to people who didn't understand the ending TV" and "well the movie of course, the tv they ran out of money for the last two episodes so they showed what they showed but the true ending". No one knows

2) If Anno or anyone on the creation team says "not being able to understand Eva is your problem not ours" my responce "Fuck You, you pomposs ass". I do not consider it the viewers responcibilty to tell the story at any point of a story. That is the storytellers responciblity. If it ever becomes the viewers responcibity then the storyteller has failed. If you choose to tell the story like that, don't get all pissy when people don't get it.

3) As far a what I think of EVA. The first 1/3 setup the story. The next 1/3 brings us what could be the perhaps the best character development ever seen in any story. And the last 1/3, ARRRGGG! Watching the characters doing what they do only because the plot requires it of them is annoying (Rei is the only one who sort of comes up well with her sacrafice, but everyone else). Why is Sinji gay for an episode? Why doesn't the caretaker of Sinji (forgot her name) talk to Sinji near the end of the show instead she barks orders at him and then when he goes away says "I don't want him to do this", hmm I don't know why don't you try TELLING HIM THAT TO HIS FACE IDIOT (sorry, those scenes just really pissed me off). And why the scenes in the alternate universe where Sinji's friend survived (don't tell me he actually survived, we all saw him get crushed, the blood loss alone should kill him instatly).

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:06 pm

Shinji^

instantly^
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

Return to “General Anime”