Big breasts ruining anime?

Knowname
Org Profile

Re: Big breasts ruining anime?

Post by Knowname » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:21 am

hasteroth wrote:
Knowname wrote:oh thank god, I thought the title said big breast running away >.< WE WANT MOAR!!! :D
This is exactly why they make so many big breasted anime girls. People like you.
As far as real girls go, I have no preference. In anime... well you should know by now.
Believe me I'm not one of those, but even so there's no use fighting it, you and me are the minority, it won't change. And for the question being asked my answer is... well sure! Not really ruining it, but furthering the reputation that it has always become. How can you say it has ruined it when anime is MUCH bigger (hehe... bigger...) now than it ever was before? Sex sells no amount of complaining will change that. Even Mother Theresa would buy some sexy laungerie (?) I bet. I mean it's not a sin to please your husband, is it even a sin to pleasure your own libido a little bit? No matter what, sex will sell. There is a point where it does become strictly overboard and maybe SOME (even echi) anime reaches that point, but c'mon. Having a booby shake for the sake of having a booby shake isn't bad... c'mon what's it supposed to do? But well, it's bad as in filler. But the point that some ppl reach for religious rights is just SO extreme and they don't even see it.

So well yes, but no. The bad animes will have the bad, leave the good animes alone.

Anime is for kids and I don't want to grow up >.<
If you do not think so... you will DIE

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:01 am

Knowname wrote:
hasteroth wrote:
Knowname wrote:oh thank god, I thought the title said big breast running away >.< WE WANT MOAR!!! :D
This is exactly why they make so many big breasted anime girls. People like you.
As far as real girls go, I have no preference. In anime... well you should know by now.
Believe me I'm not one of those, but even so there's no use fighting it, you and me are the minority, it won't change. And for the question being asked my answer is... well sure! Not really ruining it, but furthering the reputation that it has always become. How can you say it has ruined it when anime is MUCH bigger (hehe... bigger...) now than it ever was before? Sex sells no amount of complaining will change that. Even Mother Theresa would buy some sexy laungerie (?) I bet. I mean it's not a sin to please your husband, is it even a sin to pleasure your own libido a little bit? No matter what, sex will sell. There is a point where it does become strictly overboard and maybe SOME (even echi) anime reaches that point, but c'mon. Having a booby shake for the sake of having a booby shake isn't bad... c'mon what's it supposed to do? But well, it's bad as in filler. But the point that some ppl reach for religious rights is just SO extreme and they don't even see it.

So well yes, but no. The bad animes will have the bad, leave the good animes alone.

Anime is for kids and I don't want to grow up >.<
But when it get's excessive it could ruin an otherwise good anime. But more often it's the whole point of the show and without it, nobody would watch the show. The latter annoys me more, becausen it means the plot sucks so they try to cover it up with boobs.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:23 pm

I think most people know what I think of this. :evil:
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:54 pm

guess it depends on your personality. Me I just take the good with the bad... just watch everything suggested to me (I used to watch EVERYTHING... that didn't last long...). I'm sure the Quality Control will even itself out in the end... if not than you just need to take on some more consumer responsibility. It's not like Anime is dieing. I don't know how long you'd been in anime, but as I recall it was a bit worse before. Only it wasn't sexy fanservice really, but fanservice has always pervaded anime, be it monster of the day, giant robots or sexy, it's all filler (anime is filler?? well that's a disertation in itself :o). Don't let it get to you. The only difference is the good anime and the bad. If you don't beleive me just look at all the anime that didn't make it out of Japan from the 80's and 90's some of them are just horrid, obviously made to suite a particular taste that simply may not exist internationaly. Today, perhaps the QC has gone down to the point that 80-90% of the stuff is sold internationaly rather than the slim percentage from before. It's just like Video Games and Movies. Halo is a bloody mess in japanese (don't think they even bothered localizing the first one) and I'm sure there's movies similar to that. Anime is just backwards.

Hope that makes sense. I'm not sure what I said there, just a bundle of ideas...
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Concordia
Org Profile

Post by Concordia » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:04 am

A lot of times these anime girls with big boobs that get shoved in you're face are just a big bundle of cliche'. NEWS FLASH. Cliche's should ENHANCE the character not BE the character!

Normally, anime/manga that have big boobs, or characters with big boobs that aren't constantly shoved in your face ever get very popular just a few examples.
-

Bleach (Big boobed girls, that have had jokes, but aren't CONSTANTLY thrown in you're face...even though KT's had fanservice spreads...especially the new 'want to drown us?' XD, ironically the lead female is small breasted and is the most popular bleach female by a big leap)

One Piece - Also big boobed girls that don't get shoved in you're face

Fairy Tale - Actually, this has A LOT of jokes about them, however they get lower as it goes on. And they aren't annoying.

Naruto - Very few big boobed girls, and the 2 more popular girls (Sakura and Hinata) are normal breasted

Gintama - Has there ever been a big-breasted girl?

Code Geass - Even though Milly pointed out Shirley having big boobs...they aren't that large actually. Also Kallen has had A LOT of fanservice, however her breasts aren't overly-big and she doesn't get THAT much fanservice.

Claymore - Once again, how many big breasted girls are there?

Death Note - Also none to very little big breasted girls (I haven't read it in a while so I don't remember)

Inuyasha (Haven't read this in I don't know how long, but I believe it wasn't that fanservicey, and the main girls didn't have big breasts)

Ouran High School Host Club - No big breasted girls. Haruhi is very normal. Or 'petite'.

Vampire Knight - I THINK there is a bit of some big breasted girls here, but not huge. And Yuuki is rather normal as well.

Perfect Girl Evolution - No explanation needed.

Many Others as well (I read a lot of manga, most of them have normal boobs, or big ones that aren't shoved in your face)

Also, many other mangas that aren't popular that I read I believe would be soon-to-be

I believe the reason to be is that these anime's/manga's tend to be more 'realistic' and many times people tend to think that these big boobs make everything much more juvenile and seem to be only shows and manga's that want to feed hormonal boys/men's fantasies. So many times this is true, that the anime doesn't even HAVE to be quality to get viewers just because these males want to endorse themselves in big boobies. (This doesn't go for every male...just a lot)

Many girls (and boys, but to a lesser extent) just don't take these anime's and manga's seriously, because I mean.

For us girls who play sports. I SWEAR every time I see a big breasted girl not well covered up juggling her breasts while fighting makes me go 'OUCH!'. And it just makes the whole thing less realistic for me.

Big boobs don't necessarily degrade the anime or manga, however if they are thrown in your face, completely disproportional, and just WEIRD looking, it just makes the thing go, as someone here said 'was that really necessary?' There are anime that have this, that don't make the whole story suck, but the majority of more popular ones are as I listed above.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Most of the good anime don't really have a big-breast problem. But that's the point the GOOD anime.

chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Answer is : Yes.

At least it's currently ruining Basquash ...

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:56 am

Really shouldn't matter much. I mean, the big breasted characters are usually used for ecchi scenes or comic relief; take Mikuru from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzymiya for example. Just like previously stated, an anime will be good or bad regardless of breast size, so why not add it and please the masses who enjoy such things? Animes like Ikkitousen which runs off big breasts and sexually oriented material, still fails. おっぱいはわるくないけど、本当に関係ない。
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:55 am

Someday Soon wrote:Really shouldn't matter much. I mean, the big breasted characters are usually used for ecchi scenes or comic relief; take Mikuru from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzymiya for example. Just like previously stated, an anime will be good or bad regardless of breast size, so why not add it and please the masses who enjoy such things? Animes like Ikkitousen which runs off big breasts and sexually oriented material, still fails. おっぱいはわるくないけど、本当に関係ない。
That it! If an anime runs on big breasts (Ikkitousen, Eiken, etc.) then it fails.

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:56 am

Someday Soon wrote:Really shouldn't matter much. I mean, the big breasted characters are usually used for ecchi scenes or comic relief; take Mikuru from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzymiya for example. Just like previously stated, an anime will be good or bad regardless of breast size, so why not add it and please the masses who enjoy such things?
But it activally detracts from the experience of the masses who don't enjoy such things. It may not be a deal breaker, it may still be a good anime, but it won't be as enjoyable, it won't be as good as it could've been.

Don't assume it's innocuous. Overuse in an anime not focused on ecchii can be just as detrimental.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Return to “General Anime”