What anime is popular that people see alot now???

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:02 pm

I think people forgot FMA O.o that's really popular, though I haven't finished it yet.

Lucky Star also seems to be up there somewhere.

To be honest I prefer up and coming anime, such as Welcome to the N.H.K and Shakugan no Shana

-Nfp
Org Profile

Post by -Nfp » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:46 am

Shippuden and Bleach are the top 2 i think...and idk maybe DBZ lol i dont know but i walk into a tobacco shop and they still sell dbz trade cards and its still on TV...I think Deathnote and FMA are up there too.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:44 pm

wtf? what a useless Thread.

YoKo-
Org Profile

Post by YoKo- » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:29 am

I think Naruto is at the top..and Bleach following it after it in the second spot

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:56 am

its depends on who you define as 'watching', I can give you a list of anime which is currently taking over Japan but western audiences tend to prefer anime which don't end up being as populat

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:16 am

OropherZero wrote:its depends on who you define as 'watching', I can give you a list of anime which is currently taking over Japan but western audiences tend to prefer anime which don't end up being as populat
Hmm, I disagree there. Most western people just go with whatever's hot at the time, such as Naruto, FMA, Death Note etc etc.

Japanese people tend to stick with the popular anime too as you pointed out, but since anime is more developed in their society, they go through a larger variety of anime/manga I'm sure half of us haven't even heard of.

I know that I don't speak for everyone, but you have to realize the people on this form take anime way more seriously that your average person.

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:00 pm

Isn't there a list in the back of every Newtype USA listing the most popular animes in the US and Japan based on viewer response and DVD sales, or something?

My suggestion would be to go buy one and read that list.
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

C String
Org Profile

Post by C String » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:51 pm

I'd say definitely Naruto. They play, like, three episodes each day on YTV (kicking back Inuyasha and Full Metal Alchemist to only Friday -_-), and they're currently advertising two video games of it, so Naruto is either number 1 or very close to it.

Bleach, yes, and Death Note, I'd say. Inuyasha's still very popular, though, as is Full Metal Alchemist, even if channels may not want to show it as much.

Vo!D
Org Profile

Post by Vo!D » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:56 am

For me I think it would be Bleach. It can be seen everywhere.

DDR Queen
Org Profile

Post by DDR Queen » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:28 am

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I think is highly popular right now. My local anime store is constantly flooded by Haruhiists whining about the lack of figures.

And when I went to Anime Expo this year I couldn't go anywhere without seeing the Hare Hare Yukai dance or hearing the song OR seeing a group of cosplayers.
Granted it is a good series but for it to become like a cult following I think is a bit much.
Can be found on GaiaOnline by the same name.

Mine!

Return to “General Anime”