Your Favorite Long Anime Series

Evangelion Unit 01
Org Profile

Your Favorite Long Anime Series

Post by Evangelion Unit 01 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:37 pm

I was curious to know what your favorite long anime series were, and why. They must be good if you are willing to watch something like 400 episodes of DBZ. A long anime series would consist of animes over at least fifty episodes long.

For me I like Kenshin because it is pretty funny and has a good story towards the middle. The ending sucks and is sort of pointless. They should have resurrected Shishio or something, but the movies make up for it. It was a rather fun cool series for me.

The next one, and the only other long series I really own is Yu Yu Hakusho. I first got into it when I first got into anime. And it was the first anime I ever saw on Adult swim. When I saw it I was instantly hooked, because I really liked the character personalities and that their power levels were not obnoxiously high. They were high enough to feels some force, but it was not to much. Sort of a happy medium for me. I actually stopped watching it due to the amount of reruns Toonami showed when it went there from Adult Swim. But then three years later or so I got back into it and bought all the realized DVDs at Anime Expo 2007. I am watching it again with my wife, and she was also instantly hooked when she saw it.

I am interested in getting Inuyasha, and probably will eventually once they come out with all the box sets, but I will have to wait to judge that series.

Well tell me what your favorite long series is and why. I wonder how many people will answer Naruto. Not that that is a bad thing of course.
I SACRIFICE!

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:03 am

/IN BEFORE "ZOMG DBZ IS TEH UBER HAX AWSUM"

Also in before "NARUTO RULEZZZ SASUKE IS SOOO HAWTTTTT>..... HE'S MINE!!!!@!@!111@!@1"

But, Let's see. I enjoyed Yu Yu Hakusho quite a bit, Shin-chan is always good for comedy, Detective Conan (Case closed) I Also liked, Also. Lupin the 3rd kicked ass.

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:05 am

DBZ was my first major anime, and one I can still shrug and watch over and over, even though I get lost because I dropped out after the buu saga.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:23 am

Spoiler :
Nothing happened after the Buu saga, Just GT. But they end up beating Kid Buu with a spirit bomb :O

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:25 am

NerdStrudel wrote:
Spoiler :
Nothing happened after the Buu saga, Just GT. But they end up beating Kid Buu with a spirit bomb :O
exactly what I meant, I didn't get GT, but I'm not the only one. :O
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:28 am

Meh. I enjoyed Cardcaptor Sakura (72 Episodes Long, 2 Movies), Detective Conan, Yu Yu Hakusho, and of course I USED to like Pokemon, which I am sure is going to make the top ten most episodes list any day now. Though I think Simpsons could give them a run for their money. Damn. I'm rambling now.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:36 am

That's cause GT was a disgrace to DBZ... And DBZ wasn't exactly deep to begin with.

post-it
Org Profile

Ranma½

Post by post-it » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:55 am

.. Ranma is the luckiest guy in the world:
1) he will never have to worry about what girls like and dislike ^__^
2) she will always know how to please a man because she is one 0_0

.. Akane can't stand boys seeing her as only a sex object; she wants to show the world
that guys are not better than girls -- no matter what it takes! ^__^

.. these two loving kids have been brought together to merge two loving families into
one joyful fruitful happy training center .. which turns into the DoJo from HELL! >_<

This is one of the Most Truly Original series ever made in the present day cultures.
.. a guy who could care less about girls + a girl who hates guys = everlasting complications.

.. hey, isn't that what lifes all about ?!? :twisted:

Heero_Yuy84
Org Profile

Post by Heero_Yuy84 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:03 am

Overall, I'd have to give this one to 'Legend of the Galactic Heroes' at 106 (?) eps chronicling the galaxy-spanning war between the Free Planet's Alliance and the Empire, as seen from the perspectives of many (the first 12 eps alone offer a surprisingly diverse number of characters) this is, currently, the only anime I've seen to date that truly lives up to the word 'epic'

After this...for cheezy entertainment value, Hokuto no Ken at 121 eps (not counting series 2...not sure how many eps that adds to the mix.)
*Resident shameless Gundam fanboy*

ElementGirl
Org Profile

Post by ElementGirl » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:17 am

Inuyasha is my favorite, followed by Ranma 1/2

Return to “General Anime”