To Trigun or Not to Trigun?

Kadaj
Org Profile

Post by Kadaj » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:58 am

Sam Sam wrote:So basically I have to be pretty darn good in order to use a frequently used anime.
yes and no; if you use and overused anime and absolutely own it (ie: whisper of the beast), then great for you. If not (MY naruto video :lol: ) then just what you get and learn from it.
You should make AMVs for fun, and just learn from the advice you get on them.

If you have an idea for Trigun and want to make it, go nuts my friend.
ImageImage

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:04 pm

Also, Trigun use in AMVs peaked a couple of years ago. I don't think it will be much of a problem, either way. There are so many videos released every day that most people's aren't going to draw fire of any kind, unless they start drama in the Announcements forum.

So - enjoy.

On the side topic, TriMax has the unique honor of making me feel more stupid than anything I've ever read. I literally could not read a comic book. It was demoralizing. I've heard nothing but orgasmic accolades about it, though, so someday I may stumble stupidly through it. :?

TakeFifth
Org Profile

Post by TakeFifth » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:29 am

I've watched AMVs for years and years (I had 3 or more accounts on this site but I kept changing e-mails so I forgot my IDs and Passwords sadly ^^) and Trigun is in so many AMVs indeed.

You should use it if your song fits the theme of your video or trigun fits the music... if that made sence of course?

Just try to be original like Kadaj said so that people enjoy watching it.

Reikah
Org Profile

Post by Reikah » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:27 pm

Trigun is definately a classic, and a classic for a reason.

I love the series - I love the characters, the story, the comedy, the action, the penultimate villain... I love how it switches from a comedy to something darker at episode 12 - it's definately more than meets the eye.

If you love it, use it. A good AMV will still stand out against the rest regardless of an overused source.

Return to “General Anime”