Anime Recommendations...NEEDED.

megaman917
Org Profile

Post by megaman917 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:24 am

I'll recommend Vandread.

Using Malificus's categorization system:
1,2,2.5,3,4,6) Vandread.

This is my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.
"If you're not cheating, you're not trying!" - R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero (1967 - 2005)
Through tragedy, she found triumph. R.I.P. Coretta Scott King (1927 - 2006)
Long live the "King of Pop"! R.I.P. Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009)

disturbed_vegeta
Org Profile

Post by disturbed_vegeta » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:35 am

give rahxephon a go if u liked eva u'll like that.
I squeeze my fists and curl my tongue, calling out a roaring shout. I break the barriers, and explode in gold. Hundreds slaughtered, no remorse. Each battle feeds my needs. Arising each with higher force,no limits to my building greed.

Bloodfest Butterfly
Org Profile

Post by Bloodfest Butterfly » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:21 am

Hmm. Toilet humor, fighting, and mecha. Sounds like the Candidate for Goddess anime, Pilot Candidate. Not the best thing in the world, but it has all three, mainly the second and third.
"He stopped trusting early in life. His heart was still safe, untried, untested. A complete and perfect empty vessel."~Micheal Terra

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:46 pm

Keep your eyes peeled for GunXSword, if and when Geneon starts releasing it. It has a little bit of all three of those things. As I like to say, "it's not any anime, it's EVERY anime!"
Life's short.
eBayhard.

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:09 am

watch ELFEN LIED

Imrallion
Org Profile

Post by Imrallion » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:16 am

Kurau phantom memory
Gankutsuou
The Karas
Ergo proxy

:P

HyeVltg3
Org Profile

Post by HyeVltg3 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:04 pm

Ok, srry it's been a while since i posted :P i've been busy with HW and now im free so yay :P ok i heard someone say what kinda anime i'm into..ok here are a few thins i like and dislike :P

Likes: A story where the main char has an inner special ability that he doesn't know about but its feared by all the bad guys like Naruto's Kyuubi of Ichigo's(bleacH) amazimg spirit force. i like stories like Eva where in the end
Spoiler :
he findds out it was a dream and then all the people explain how he can change life( its bee a while soo shush i forget )
. Romantics are good as long as they tend to be something like Chobits :P Most animes with Katanas! :P or swords... Anime that isn't like reality or close to it, it doesn't matter if it starts out in reality like Bleach but it should, has to go into like fantasy like thing , like Soul Society in bleach :P

Dislikes: old anime...like 2000 and below...i love looking at the animation but the oldies have that weird feeling to them, please, i dont think it's usefull if you list movies because i dont like watching anime movies, because i hate to have animes end soo fast like the shows they tend to last pretty long but the movies are like 2hrs and then you get the awww im bored now feeling after its over.

Oh and for the guy who asked what i like about the animes i watched here...

FMA: OMG I LOVED THE ENDING!!!!! love the alchemist powers special abilties are always a MUST! :P nice brother 2 brother love :P

NGE: love mechas and in nge love the fight-scenes with that amazing animation like the fast-ness :P gore is cool. nice ending.

Chobits: love persocoms :P nice toliet humor, cool ending...bout it.

Naruto: love ninjas and the " Never give up" thing that is everywhere in Naruto.

Bleach: OH GO I LOVE THE BKG MUSIK! love katanas. awesome story so far :D XD

Ok so far i will look into these animes i've listed....

- Angels' Sanctuary( cool story)
- Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon (ummm is it actually sailor moon?)
- FLCL( this cracked me up beyond belief! cant find the anime anymore..any help would be nice))
- Burst Angel ( ca't find anything on it but i've heard it was good..?)
- Samurai Champloo ( started this when it came out but now i stoped and can't remember what ep i was on)
- Cowboy Bebop ( alwasy wanted to see it but no more seeders :( )
- Rurouni Kenshin( yay samurai! me love katanas)
- Tenchi Muyo! ( sounds cool...not enough info on it tho..but its a look-into)
- Ah! My Goddess( sounds funny, is this hentai by any chance..cause i thought it was..)
- Nadesico( voted "Best Anime Show Of All Time"...so i'll check it out)
- Tactical Ninja Squad Gatchaman( can't find it...sounds cool)
- Azumanga Daioh ( LMAO i've seen gifs and trailers everywhere for this looks halirious)

- Full Metal Panic! ( more mecha..yay! sounds kinda kool)
- Ninja Scroll the Movie (..uhhh you...Aesling, said that it kinda sux plot+story-wise...what up with that, i've heard that this anime is really good for ninja-lovers)

- Vandread (nice mech+life changing story)
- Candidate for Goddess (doesn't sound that great tho)
- GunXSword ( can't find anything on it but the name sounds coooll)
- Elfen Lied
- Rahxephon

HyeVltg3
Org Profile

Post by HyeVltg3 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:57 pm

Sorry for double post.

Ok, guys i just started watcing RahXehpon and OMFG! IM AMMM SOOOO DAM CONFUSED ON WHAT'S GOING ON!!!!! i've watched the first 3 eps and im sooo lost!!!!!! could some explain whats going on or at least the story! cause ep3 ends when that girl introduces who she is ( she part of the TERRA division 2) and then it finishes...can someone, anyone explain whats happening? or do i need to watch more eps to find out whats happening..?

Tinkerbell79
Org Profile

anime recommendations needed

Post by Tinkerbell79 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:07 am

I am brand new to this site but I do watch GOOD anime. I can safely suggest Fushigi Yugi The Mysterious Play. It has everything an anime needs, a love story, action, and that edge of your seat can't stop watching feel. But it is just a suggestion. If you do watch it I'm positive you will enjoy it.

Return to “General Anime”