Dragon Ball Z: Live Action Movie

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Dragon Ball Z: Live Action Movie

Post by SuperFusion » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:53 pm

This article was written by Andrew Gerhardt, and it is pure SPECULATION . Just an article on one man's opinion of what the cast of a Dragon Ball live action movie should look like. Let me repeat: this article is based off one man's opinion of what the cast of a Dragon Ball live action movie should look like. The purpose of this thread is to shed some light on those who believe the live action Dragon Ball movie is real and for others to post what other information they can find on it. One last time: as of now, the Dragon Ball live action movie is NOT in production.

Casting Ball
We (pretend to) cast the (fictituous) DB movie
by Andrew Gerhardt

Son Goku played by Robin Shou

No debates, no votes, no soft money. Robin Shou of Mortal Kombat and Beverly Hills Ninja is the Goku guy. Give him that funky hairdo, an orange gi and some big-eye pills and he'll have the look nailed. And because he was in Mortal Kombat, he knows all the unwritten rules about playing fictional characters of incredible strength.

Chichi played by Elizabeth Hurley

Main course over; now it's time to cleanse the palate. And Elizabeth Hurley of Austin Powers can cleanse my palate anytime. OK, so she'd have to use more of an American accent. But isn't that what being an actor is about?

Kamesennin (aka Muten Roshi) played by Dana Carvey

Dana Carvey or Wayne's World and Saturday Night Love gets the nod. He's got that zero-body-fat schwerve going, and his skills as an impressionist would help him get a handle on Kamesennin.

Teenage/Adult Gohan played by Brandon Lee

If only Brandon Lee of The Crow were still around. Picture him with his hair straight up and an orange and blue gi. Hey, we can dream, can't we?

Bulma played by Nicole Kidman

Nicole Kidman of Batman Forever and Eyes Wide Shut would have absolutely no problem getting this role if she wanted it. (And why wouldn't she want it? Isn't a part in Dragon Ball Z: The Movie what all great actors aspire to?). She's beautiful, talented and even has the body of Bulma. And if she wants to drag along hubby Tom Cruise for a bit, fine. We'll work him in somewhere.

Bra played by Sarah M. Gellar

All Sarah Michelle Gellar would have to do is dye her hair blue and she'd be a dead ringer for Vegeta's daughter. But hwo's gonna break the news to Sarah Michelle, and does Cover Girl sell blue hair dye?

Vegeta played by Jet Li

Vegeta...Jet. It even sounds close to Jet Li of Black Mask and Lethal Weapon 4 is the obvious choice for Vegeta. He looks like the Veggie Guy, and he's one hot-dog fighter.

Videl played by Rachael L. Cook

Mr. Satan's daughter? Could it be anyone else but Rachael Leigh Cook of She's All That? She has the look and needs a blockbuster art film like this to showcase her acting skills.

Android 20 played by Sean Connery

Time to work in someone to appeal to all the over-40 DBZ fans. Sean Connery of The Rock, Entrapment and all those James Bond movies gets the nod here. Sure, it's a small role, but number one, he'd be perfect, and number two, he'd pack the theatres. It's all about the box office, baby.

Android 18 played by Cameron Diaz

Here comes the star power. Cameron Diaz, fresh off a turn in Charlie's Angels, slips nearly into this role. The height is way off, but the face and body are dead on. And hey, it's easier for Hollywood to make Android 18 tall than it is to make her beautiful.

Burori played by Dolph Lundgren

Dolph Lundgren from Universal Soldier and Showdown in Little Tokyo would make a perfect Super Saiyan. He has the height, the muscles, he kind of looks like Burori. Plus, he's a totally incomprehensible stone.

Mirai No Trunks played by Leonardo DaCaprio

I've received scores of e-mails insisting that Leonardo Decaprio would be the choice actor to play Mirai No Trunks. You want him, you got him. But I think that as long as Nicole Kidman's hubby insists on hanging around the set, we might as well put him to work.

Android 17 played by Joseph G. Levitt

All Joseph Gordon Levitt, (3rd Rock From the Sun) needs to do is grow out his hair and he's 17. Wonder if he knows that?

Nappaplayed by Goldberg (of WCW)

I've received many suggestions that Goldberg of WCW is the perfect Nappa - and I agree. Just look at the guy. And since he's a wrestler, you know he can act a little bit.
Picture subtitle: "Don't think I can play Nappa?!!! Come here, jabroni, and I'll slam ya' on your doubting rear end!!!"

Yajirobe played by Danny DeVito

I retract my previous answer. Danny DeVito would be better for this role - not Bobcat Goldthwait, as I once believed. You can just see DeVito stuffing his face, claiming to be the one responsible for training Goku.

Son Goten(GT) played by Keanu Reeves

The people spoke, and I agree. Keanu Reeves from The Matrix would be the best person to play Son Goten in Dragon Ball GT. Why not? He knows martial arts and everyone wants him. Who am I to go against the will of the masses?

That's the end of that article. Feel free to discuss it, point out its stupidity, or w/e. (I have way too much time on my hands).

spacekase
Org Profile

Post by spacekase » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:45 pm

I do not see DeVito as Yajirobe. I always thought Jack Black would be the best choice.

older_gohan
Org Profile

Post by older_gohan » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:09 am

That is utter crap. Even if it is speculation, none of them would fit the role. I could only see a few and I was really, REALLY stretching my imagination.

VTekX
Org Profile

Post by VTekX » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:52 am

The only one that I can half see is Goldberg as Nappa and he's too small.
<a href="http://chaoticdream.50webs.com">Image</a>

EmilLang1000
Org Profile

Post by EmilLang1000 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:10 am

I could see Robin Shou playing Gokuu, and Jet Li WOULD make a good Vejiita (he's got that whole "you have five seconds to live; use it wisely" look), but in NO WAY would Trunks be played by Leonardo diCrapio (no misspelling - he is NOT a good actor). You'd have to get someone of asian decent to play him if he were to look like Vejiita, as Trunks is supposed to.
You know what they say: "when life gives you a T-Rex, go ninja-kick it in the head." - Rayne Summers, Least I Could Do
Proud to be a Jenova's Witness - WWSD (What Would Sephiroth Do?)

SailorMars768
Org Profile

Post by SailorMars768 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:50 pm

I heard about the movie in a magazine. But I saw a little of a different casting. It sounds like it would be an awesome movie, but I think they aren't going to make it afterall. I'm not sure. :?
I am Sailor Mars, the scout of fire!

azulmagia
Org Profile

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Live Action Movie

Post by azulmagia » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:13 pm

SuperFusion wrote:Android 20 played by Sean Connery

Time to work in someone to appeal to all the over-40 DBZ fans. Sean Connery of The Rock, Entrapment and all those James Bond movies gets the nod here. Sure, it's a small role, but number one, he'd be perfect, and number two, he'd pack the theatres. It's all about the box office, baby.
:lol: I kind of doubt that....Connery has said a few times recently he's getting sick of the motion picture industry. This probably has something to do with a movie called League of Extraordinary Gentleman. Not to mention lines like, "You're the man now, dog!"

I'd prefer to see the live action NGE. Preferably with Emma Watson as Asuka... :oops:

psycoculex
Org Profile

Post by psycoculex » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:46 am

vin desial for krillin lol.

GoldenGundam
Org Profile

Post by GoldenGundam » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:46 pm

I thought this was already discussed... Fox pictures was just "talking" about making the film.

They have already anounced in a press release that they are NOT going to make the film.

Jet Li would make a nice Vegeta though... 8-)
I am your master!!
Bow down before me!!

bloodyhawk
Org Profile

Post by bloodyhawk » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:52 am

psycoculex wrote:vin desial for krillin lol.

:lol: LMAO right.

Yeah those actors wouldnt fit the role much at all. But a live action movie might be intresting to watch even if its prob gonna be shit.

Return to “General Anime”