looking for a BAD anime movie?

Maver
Org Profile

looking for a BAD anime movie?

Post by Maver » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:30 pm

first off it has to be a movie, not a OVAs or series. and it has to be bad. the kinda bad where if you and your friends will watch it you'll still have a good time out of the movie just by making fun of it. also too english dubs would be great it would help. i'm doing this for a project, right now its on the DL but if it gets completed, i'll be sure to upload it all for ya guys.

thanks for helping me out.
"When its your time to go its your time to go, so lets get going!"

TGP hosting, slow downloads for those that have no where else to go. Email me for detals.

bobbarker31
Location: Latitude 40.063 Longitude -80.721.... in the general vicinity
Org Profile

Post by bobbarker31 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:45 pm

Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water - The Secret of Fuzzy

I am a big fan of the Nadia series, but this movie just blew. It was completely unnecessary since the series wrapped up the futures of everyone. It was also done with another cheap, no talent production company that had all of the characters off model from how they should have been drawn. The story was also so God aweful that I wanted to shove sharp objects in my eyes as all the creatures in the neighborhood let out a collective scream.

And I love Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. But this movie was just the cheap attempt to get more money.
If it can't be expressed in numbers or figures, it is an opinion - Robert Heinlein
Like anime? Cosplay? Crossovers? AMVs? You need to go to....

Chocobuddha
Org Profile

Post by Chocobuddha » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:11 pm

Grappler Baki (the movie that came out in the 90's, not the series that came out a few years ago). Cheesy dubbing, random story and a bit of absurd action. Extraordinarily lame, but oh-so-fun to watch. :P

Bulghod
Org Profile

Post by Bulghod » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:20 pm

i've mentioned it before, and i will again:
Kimera. horrible story, even worse dubbing, pointless violence and weird androgynous sexual thingies that are very odd.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:36 pm

Bulghod wrote:i've mentioned it before, and i will again:
Kimera. horrible story, even worse dubbing, pointless violence and weird androgynous sexual thingies that are very odd.
I second that. Ugh. :P

Another one that I (sadly) have in my collection that's perfect for you is Voltage Fighter Cowgaizer: The Movie.

This one is the worst of the worst when it comes to action anime. The story is banal and the action isn't that interesting. Perfect for a bit of "fanservice", but otherwise it's completely forgettable. :?
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:09 pm

BAOH. While it's officially an OVA, it's only one 45-minute episode, and was the target of much MSTing at the hands of my friends. And the dub just makes it worse. I still love how terrible the line "The only way to kill Baoh is to BURN it!" is. We made fun of that one line for nearly two years.

Undertow
Org Profile

Post by Undertow » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:54 pm

i would like to nominate to of the worst movies i have seen:

Urotsukidoji
This is just on top of a giant trashheap. Over the top, deranged and just plain pointless. Tentical sex galore

And the other one i find is just plain bad (and i know a lot of people won't agree with me):

Ghost in the Shell
The story is supremely shallow, tied together with action and pointless fanservice. It has just about every cliche and every prejudice against anime in it.
So what's up with her stripping every time she fights? Yes, she has chameleon skin..... couldn't they just make it in a suit or anything?

oldwrench
Org Profile

Post by oldwrench » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:48 pm

Again I will add Garzey's Wing. Actually a two part movie with poor animation of a stupid story that really goes nowhere. The best character is an annoying little fairy like girl and the dub is so bad it should have gotten some kind of award. Actually the dub is it's only redeeming quality, it had us rolling on the floor laughing it was so bad. It could be hard to find since anyone who suffered through this mess probably burned it. ( I kept my copy just to remind myself how bad it can get.)
Where did you say I'm going?.... And what am I doing in a handbasket?

Come and join us on the tiny but fun forum at http://www.allanime.org

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:04 pm

Undertow wrote:Ghost in the Shell
The story is supremely shallow, tied together with action and pointless fanservice. It has just about every cliche and every prejudice against anime in it.
I like Stand Alone Complex better than the movie at this point, for those very reasons. The movie tries to pack in a big story in under 2 hours, but Stand Alone Complex extends the story with a lot of great side-stories. It's more of a cop show than the movie -- and I'm fine with that.
Undertow wrote:So what's up with her stripping every time she fights? Yes, she has chameleon skin..... couldn't they just make it in a suit or anything?
Actually, she is wearing a suit.

Freeze-frame the moment at the beginning when she is looking down before spinning around and look at the neck. There is a neck-line there which shows you that she is wearing a skin-tight layer over her body. Same with the other two times she strips.

It's not her skin that goes invisible -- she is wearing a very thin layer of therm-optics that makes her invisible.
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Madpierrot
Org Profile

Post by Madpierrot » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:33 pm

Ninja Resurrection hands down. Everything else looks great compared to this. It honestly is the worst thing ever made!
See you space cowboy...
Miroku is a king among amine characters
Aliens, are you a peaceful race.
While hell yes, we are barbequing aren't we not.

Return to “General Anime”