What anime did you ever see first?

Solaria735
Org Profile

Post by Solaria735 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:00 am

Technically the first anime I saw was Pokemon, back when they started playing it on the WB around. . . probably the first or second year of high school. But it was seeing Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and then Cowboy Bebop that really got me hooked. Especially Cowboy Bebop.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Org Profile

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:56 am

The first anime i ever saw would be Samurai Pizza Cats, but the first anime i ever saw and realised it was anime was DBZ *ashamed*

Ryu Saiba
Org Profile

Post by Ryu Saiba » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:14 am

I'd have to say that my first were..........The Macross Saga of Robotech, Ronin Warriors, and Battle of the Planets or G-Force.
Courage isn't the absence of fear. It is the presence of fear, yet the will to go on.-Martin Lawrence, Black Knight.

bobbarker31
Location: Latitude 40.063 Longitude -80.721.... in the general vicinity
Org Profile

Post by bobbarker31 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:30 pm

Hmmm.....the first one I saw was "Starblazers". I was very young and my memories are vague on it. In order that I saw anime I would say:

1. Starblazers
2. G-Force
3. Speed Racer
4. Robotech
5. Voltron

Some I have not seen since I was young and I wonder how my memories compare to what I remember. :)
If it can't be expressed in numbers or figures, it is an opinion - Robert Heinlein
Like anime? Cosplay? Crossovers? AMVs? You need to go to....

lil_x_mx
Org Profile

Post by lil_x_mx » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:39 pm

Rurouni Kenshin was my first... originally my friend brought me to her anime club and they were showing that.

Ayame-demon-wolf
Org Profile

Post by Ayame-demon-wolf » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:00 am

umm..i think it was sailor moon when i was like six or something cant remember but i think it was
Ayame-demon-wolf =white wolf at your servace, also a pretty good demond exterminator ^_^ here for justic!

gotyaoi
Org Profile

Post by gotyaoi » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:58 am

I'd have to say that the first anime I ever watched was My Neighbor Totoro (thank you Miyazaki-sama). however what really got me into anime was Tenchi Muyo (the edited version) on Cartoon Network. Although it was edited, it holds some special memories for me. :roll:
Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.

eadsja
Org Profile

Post by eadsja » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:01 am

Vampire Hunter D - Followed by Akira and Crying Freeman (thats what was at Blockbuster at the time) then I watched Wings of the Honiamese and Battle Angle and I was done for...

I never watched DBZ untill it hit Cartoon network a few years later... Thank god I had taste *dodges heavy object thrown by the fan*
Annoying, obnoxious and opinionated.

Feria
Org Profile

Post by Feria » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:26 am

Salior moon... it was the only thing shown then in the USA ~_~ I mean, this WAS about 7 or 8 years ago now. Plus, the cancelled TC for it >< I started watching it with one of my best friends, and being 10/8 year old girls ended up obsessed. When I came back to the UK more was coming out, but predominantly kids stuff... I was really happy one day when I discovered there was an Anime Soc near me, not only have I been going ever since, but I met my bf there.

/happy ^^
The very thing that I am trying to prove to not exist is the very thing holding me back...

Shounen
Org Profile

Miyazaki Hayao

Post by Shounen » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:41 pm

gotyaoi wrote:I'd have to say that the first anime I ever watched was My Neighbor Totoro (thank you Miyazaki-sama).
I also began with one of Miyazaki's masterpieces, Mononoke Hime.
God's in his Heaven, All's Right with the World - NERV
[Robert Browning]

Return to “General Anime”