I'm losted......

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Sun Sep 08, 2002 7:44 pm

shit...i meant resurrection

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Sun Sep 08, 2002 8:51 pm

yeah temjin is right, ninja ressurection is a completley different movie, and it's not even the same characters, jubie kibagame is from ninja scroll jubie yagyu is from ninja resurection from what i understand it was some advertising ploy to get more people to buy it that it was said to be a sequal at one point. also both jubies are based off of the same actual person i think but if you notice they look nothing alike so how could you think it was a sequal? after i watched it i knew it wasn't. i heard somewere they are makeing an actual ninja scroll tv series but thats all i know i have no evidence to back it up or any release info but i'll keep an eye on it and if i find out more i'll let you guys know.
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sun Sep 08, 2002 10:00 pm

Ninja Ressurection is ok if you're just looking for ultra violence for basically no reason with a boob thrown in every once and a while, but otherwise there's better movies to see.

No to mention the fact that none of the Ninja Ressurections make any sense when put next to one another, much less when put against the original Ninja Scroll. It really was a marketing ploy, because there's no other explanation for them being so losely strung together, especially since the Ressurection series was the supposed 'sequel' to Ninja Scroll. The similarities begin, and end, with Jubei. (who was based on a historical figure, by the way)
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sun Sep 08, 2002 10:28 pm

Gah, I forget the specifics, it's too late at night. I'll post up the useless historical facts in the morning. From what I remember though, Jubei was a famous swordsman in feudal Japan. Many heroes (like jubei from ninja scroll, and the guy from the PS2 game Onimusha) have been based off him.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:34 am

Ok, I seem to have misplaced the article that talks about Jubei, but here's what Google came up with:

Yagyu Jubei
Get over it.
And lighten up.

Return to “General Anime”