Just say "no" to pointless threads

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:21 pm

demented wrote:...so does eliminator threads count as a pointless 'vs.' thread? cuz I had a couple in mind
The threads where people actually give the *reason* they pick certain characters have a point, and inspire conversation. The ones where you just put down a number and the name of the character you chose...those are more pointless than even the worst vs thread.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:22 pm

At first I was going to be pissed about this, but this is a much better policy than the one that directly proceeded it. Bravo! :D
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:23 pm

Oops, I should have mentioned that I'm still against these kinds of restrictions.
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

Knù¢klés
Org Profile

Post by Knù¢klés » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:53 pm

HeartbreakerByZep wrote:Oops, I should have mentioned that I'm still against these kinds of restrictions.
So what ya gonna do about it!?
TheKorovaMilkbar Q: Why does Fei where those hot pants half-way up her crack? (cowboy bebop)
Kracus A: because it is easier than wiping

http://player.id-t.com

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:57 pm

What can one actually do about it?
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mirumoto_Chris
Org Profile

Post by Mirumoto_Chris » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:02 pm

)v(ajin Koji wrote:What can one actually do about it?
Well, there is always the kicking-and-screaming temper tantrum approach. I don't know how effective it would be, but it remains an option. :wink:

Or the ever popular, "spam the boards until I get banned" tactic. A favorite of l33t k1dz everywhere. :roll:
Mirumoto Chris
Freelance Samurai - Locked in mortal combat with his PC
"Let's say I am a man is search of a vision..." - Mask of Zorro

Knù¢klés
Org Profile

Post by Knù¢klés » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:04 pm

I don't know, thats why im asking.... )v(ajin...!

although one could start by beating you with a a baby seal in one hand and a copy of evangelion in the other....
TheKorovaMilkbar Q: Why does Fei where those hot pants half-way up her crack? (cowboy bebop)

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:10 pm

Knù¢klés wrote:although one could start by beating you with a baby seal in one hand and a copy of evangelion in the other....
Right-o.

I simply ask because if you can give me a good way, I'll do it. People asked for the intro thread-I made one. People asked for the "What Are You Listening To Right Now?" thread, I went against the admins and made one. They have been successes because they were ideas that went against the adminsitration, but a set of rules was made and they worked.

I, strangley enough, am on your side. :roll:

Knù¢klés
Org Profile

Post by Knù¢klés » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:23 pm

)v(ajin Koji wrote:
Knù¢klés wrote:although one could start by beating you with a baby seal in one hand and a copy of evangelion in the other....
Right-o.

I simply ask because if you can give me a good way, I'll do it. People asked for the intro thread-I made one. People asked for the "What Are You Listening To Right Now?" thread, I went against the admins and made one. They have been successes because they were ideas that went against the adminsitration, but a set of rules was made and they worked.

I, strangley enough, am on your side. :roll:
it looks like ive finaly corrupted you.... just dont start agreeing with me.... i only hang about here because u make it interesting.....

ne wayz my first idea was a good one and if ur willing.... id like to give it ago.... but if you want another reason.... we could request a special rank for 1 member, for example "you" which gives that said member the power to delete and/or edit posts.... because Vs threats normaly get out of hand mainly because of 1 member and his obsation with Wolfwood.... not naming ne names.... but he knows who he is...... but like i said 1 guy to keep the Vs a freindly place for all but with enough freedom to voice your opinion in a western democratic way.....

* invade cough cough*

or you could just start one for the hell of it and see how far it gets.... up to you.

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:11 pm

I make it interesting eh? Well this is where the agreeing stops unfortunately...

You're pretty much taliing about making me a MOD, this is not going to happen because the admins/MODs here probably most likely don't want me to be one.

Although I think an elected member to become a MOD here would be a very good idea because it would strengthen the weakening respect that the members have for admins/mods.

Return to “General Anime”