Just say "no" to pointless threads

Cloud Clone
Location: Lost in a river of bleeding tears where no one will ever find me...just kidding, I'm not a homo.
Org Profile

Post by Cloud Clone » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:02 pm

Ah, Nestorath, the line between genius and insanity is thin indeed! :lol:
You're lucky... I've decided to let you live to see the day when I will rule the world.
-Prince of Spam

J-0080
Org Profile

Post by J-0080 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:45 pm

Nestorath69 wrote: An iron fist is what's needed, here.
So that we can revel in the freedom of the prison house. :roll:
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:03 pm

J-0080 wrote:So that we can revel in the freedom of the prison house. :roll:
Now don't go giving me vid ideas. >.> You can imagine what sort of 'jail house rock' concept I would come up with. <.<

madmag9999
Org Profile

Post by madmag9999 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:37 pm

Arigatomyna wrote: Why not just lock/hide General Anime and get it over with?
even though i sence sarcasm there this could be a good thing. she has a point anime episode discussion is around and the other usefull threads that are in this forum can be moved to other forums such as heads up or something.
Moonslayer's Guide to a-m-v.org | AD & ErMaC's Guides to Audio & Video
"I'm sorry but i don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die."

chabols
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by chabols » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:20 am

OK i am fairly new to this site but this is the only forum i go to since i can find nearly every thing that i am interested in so it make my life easier, but why are you banning the Vs thread is it just to open up some space and make the site smaller or is it just because YOU personally are sick of them and if you are sick of them then why not click and read something else. I don't respond to many threads like kenshin Vs vash but I do like to read them. Some of them widen your imagination, beside I am sure the idea for the tainted donuts AMV was started by a vash Vs spike thread. Its not like someone is forcing you to read the threads. And calling people stupid for using there imangaion is IMHO is the sign of real stupidity.

PS if you want to flame my opions and idea plz just send me private messages no need to fill this stick with hate mail over my ideas and opinions

Nestorath69
Location: Utah right now. SLC region. I'll fight you. Come on!
Org Profile

Post by Nestorath69 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:30 am

I'm not going to flame you for your opinion. I'm going to flame you for your ignorance. An observant (intelligent) person would have noted that an ADMIN said that the vs. threads needed to be locked. [/flame]

As for the rest- The solution to all the vs threads can be found in this sentence: The character is as strong/powerfull as the creator intended. If they didn't meet in the series/movie/manga, etc, there's no point.

For the rest of you:

I may sound extreme when I spout such perfidity as I have before, but really, a firmer hand is what's needed here. I see you guys spout meaningless spam just for the fuck of it, mindlessly fountain the same shit for the past two years, whine and complain that there's no OT section, You guys act like you own this place and piss and moan when you don't get your way. I got a great idea! Govern yourselves so that the admins don't have to. Complaining about the spam and die policy? DON'T SPAM Whoa, whadda concept!

I'm no Mod, Admin, or any kind of formal staff. Yeah, I've stepped in and bluntly called people account for their stupidity. These past three months have been a learning experience for me. This place is degenerating into sewage, and you guys are complaining because the staff don't want that!

Instead of coughing a smokescreen of defensive excuses, let's find viable solutions.
Site whoring:
http://forums.megatokyo.com - for anime, manga, RPG, Real Life, Politics, science, Spam, Video games, Music, et cetera.
www.deltaanime.com - I'm a Mod, baby!

Nestorath69
Location: Utah right now. SLC region. I'll fight you. Come on!
Org Profile

Post by Nestorath69 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:12 am

(damn not having an edit button... oh well! Double post!
lalalalalalalalalala (sorry, old habit)

I've opened a thread in Site Suggestions in regards to having rational discourse for solutions to this problem.
Site whoring:
http://forums.megatokyo.com - for anime, manga, RPG, Real Life, Politics, science, Spam, Video games, Music, et cetera.
www.deltaanime.com - I'm a Mod, baby!

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:02 pm

Nestorath69 wrote:Megatokyo
Please would you shut the fuck up about Megatokyo. If it's so great go there and never come back.
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:25 pm

[quote="Nestorath69"]I'm not going to flame you for your opinion. I'm going to flame you for your ignorance. An observant (intelligent) person would have noted that an ADMIN said that the vs. threads needed to be locked. [/flame]
That same admin also said, if you have a protest, state it here. Read the entire thread before you flame people for doing just what our admin asked us to do. Thanks.

Karou_ken
Org Profile

Re: Just say "no" to pointless versus threads

Post by Karou_ken » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:46 pm

[quote="paizuri"]I'm going to lock them from now on. Really, what's the point in arguing over if Goku can beat Vash can beat Kenshin can beat Pikachu can beat your mailman if you drew him in an anime-style? The simple fact of the matter is that Batman always wins.

hmm....I really dont care if they lock the vs. thread. It is getting rather annoying. And I believe Cloud Clone is the one who started this trend. But I could be mistaken. ^_^
Master Picture Poster! HaHaHaHa!
-Queen of Spam

Return to “General Anime”