Just say "no" to pointless threads

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:15 am

Nah, that's too harsh. There is enough disciplinary measures in place; otherwise, something tells me that mods secretly like locking pointless threads.

Or not secretly. I honestly wish I had this many threads to lock on Demonseal :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

spike bomb 11
Org Profile

Post by spike bomb 11 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:19 pm

Well, maybe not that harsh, but people must learn! :twisted:
"I'm not going to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." Spike.S

Holmes
Org Profile

Post by Holmes » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:15 am

I'm new here so I might be wrong on this, but don't VS. topics die and fall to the back pages fairly quickly? I mean, sure, if five topics of the same type go up in one day, that causes a problem, but I don't think that one once in a while hurts. Maybe there should be just one giant VS. thread where anyone can discuss their VS. opinions? That would eliminate the need for multiple "spam" threads, I believe. Anyway, I'm just trying to get out some constructive ideas instead of just spewing out negative comments. Anyone else have any ideas?
Le plus grand des détectives
Oui c'est lui Sherlock Holmes, le voici

Brolly345
Org Profile

Post by Brolly345 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:48 am

Have you even read the reason for the banning of versus threads? They tend to degenerate into a flame war, go off topic, or fall to spam. That is why they have been banned.

Holmes
Org Profile

Post by Holmes » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:34 pm

Brolly345 wrote:Have you even read the reason for the banning of versus threads? They tend to degenerate into a flame war, go off topic, or fall to spam. That is why they have been banned.
Well if there is only one topic for it, who cares if they flame or spam since only those who are interested will participate. It was just an idea, I was just trying to find some middle ground between the people who like these topics and those who don't since there is a conflict of interest. I see that constructive ideas aren't very welcome so I guess I'll just shut my trap. yeesh.
Le plus grand des détectives
Oui c'est lui Sherlock Holmes, le voici

Kajino Rei
Org Profile

Post by Kajino Rei » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:31 pm

Otohiko wrote:.Or not secretly. I honestly wish I had this many threads to lock on Demonseal :roll:
That's hilarious in a non-funny manner...
~~~
@Holmes
:wink: Don't worry, constructive opinions are always wanted.
Some just like to bash newcomers.
I like verbally kill 'stupid noobs'. :twisted:
Again: 'Noobs' aren't the same as 'Newcomers'.

:roll: ~Miss Rei~ :roll:
:twisted: Guide to how NOT to behave in the ORG

Resident "If you're stupid, I'll kill you" Katana Wielding Woman.

Coaxel Ethereal
Org Profile

Post by Coaxel Ethereal » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:07 pm

Holmes wrote:
Brolly345 wrote:Have you even read the reason for the banning of versus threads? They tend to degenerate into a flame war, go off topic, or fall to spam. That is why they have been banned.
there is a conflict of interest. I see that constructive ideas aren't very welcome so I guess I'll just shut my trap. yeesh.

some are content to let part of a forum degrade to flames, some aren’t. The community shapes how forums are run and issues taken care of. Its not just mods that decide everything, people that want something that isn’t here should just go elsewhere, or ask nicely.

Blue Thunder of F.H.S
Org Profile

Post by Blue Thunder of F.H.S » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:03 am

well i think i would at least give the pointless threads time and get a certain number of post(ie:10 posts in 7 days)and if it doesnt get it then close it down.plus wat mite sumtimes be pointless to u mite not be pointless to them and at least tell them y they are pointless(sry if repeated)
Oh Shampoo I LOVE YOU!!!
RANMA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO AKANE!?
http://www.imageshack.us

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:32 pm

Blue Thunder of F.H.S wrote:well i think i would at least give the pointless threads time and get a certain number of post(ie:10 posts in 7 days)and if it doesnt get it then close it down.plus wat mite sumtimes be pointless to u mite not be pointless to them and at least tell them y they are pointless(sry if repeated)
Sometimes, just sometimes, a thread that starts out as pointless actually gains a point due to some of the members that post in it. This however, rarely happens, and if it does, is generally apparent immediately.

And, when a pointless is locked, we tend to put a link saying Say no to pointless threads or something to that extent, with a link to this thread. If you read the suggestions that Paizuri has made on the very first page, you can pretty much find out how not to make threads we consider to be pointless.

Itachi7879
Org Profile

lol

Post by Itachi7879 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:13 pm

and WHAT do we think of ''whats your favourite character ones??^^; also i do NOT vote batman lol,lmao go ALF!!! XD

but seriously here,one thank you for this very interesting topic,honestly i think its intruiging,
second of all answer me Question eh? :P
your halo is falling coming down to choke the living hell out that excuse for a living being,yourself.playing , killing game :fighting..theres a definit difference.......
those who hold a weapon should be ready to be killed by one.

Return to “General Anime”