How Stupid Dubbers Are!

DumBunny
Org Profile

How Stupid Dubbers Are!

Post by DumBunny » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:56 pm

Where to begin....Hmmm... Let's Start with pointing out the worst things dubbers have done to the following:

Sailor Moon- Made Sailor Uranus and Neptune COUSINS!!!! (There's Lesbians). This show was rated G but, I got the DVD "with the japanese on it...THANK GOD! Makes so much more sense" and the rating was 13+ for Mild Violence and sexuality, scary moments I though this was most amazing

Yu-gi-oh- Never dubbed the REAL first season and in the second (The one they dubbed) 'removed' the guns'

"Mister Pegasus wants to see ya." (2 men are holding their hands like their holding guns and when Seto throws a chair at them. They fall like they're holding guns!) This wasn't meant to be a childern's show! Like so many other shows.

Would anyone like to continue?

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:00 pm

Dragon Ball Z, it's a given. Little must be said, they removed all the substance and worth.

Though we've already had topics the same as this one many times before. And, although I'd usually look at multiples of the same topic with nothing but kindness, this is a negative one so I like it less.
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:00 pm

Its not the dubbers fault, its the censors fault. And those only apply to those shown on tv. Blame the FCC
"What about us lesbians? . . . Your gonna burn in hell of course!" - MXC
"Hey dont knock masturbation, its sex with someone I love!" -- Woody Allen
"Evil will always triumph 'cuz good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:03 pm

MAS PRODUCTIONS wrote:Its not the dubbers fault, its the censors fault. And those only apply to those shown on tv. Blame the FCC
x2 :!:
ImageImage

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:04 pm

MAS PRODUCTIONS wrote:Its not the dubbers fault, its the censors fault. And those only apply to those shown on tv. Blame the FCC
For the most part, yes.
ImageImage

EvaXephon
Org Profile

Post by EvaXephon » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:11 pm

Dubbing anime incorrectly or censoring anime is vandalizing art. I say they should be punished. It is lynching time.

...In DBZ...I hate so much what they did to Maril's swimsuit...it used to be this skimpy little revealing two piece, and they edited it, and made it a bif full-body conservationist one piece. WTF. I really hate that.
Image Image

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Re: How Stupid Dubbers Are!

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:23 pm

DumBunny wrote:Where to begin....Hmmm... Let's Start with pointing out the worst things dubbers have done to the following:

Sailor Moon- Made Sailor Uranus and Neptune COUSINS!!!! (There's Lesbians). This show was rated G but, I got the DVD "with the japanese on it...THANK GOD! Makes so much more sense" and the rating was 13+ for Mild Violence and sexuality, scary moments I though this was most amazing
Because we all know it's worse to show something gay then incestuous.

/sarcasm

There's a ridiculous amount of censoring that killed the original plotline of Sailor Moon, luckily uncut and subbed box sets were brought over.

Madokai
Location: Peterborough, Ontario (Worst city for anime in the world)
Org Profile

Post by Madokai » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:23 pm

YTV had the absolute WORST dubbing for DBZ EVER!! It was censored even more than it was on any other station and on top of that they changed voice actors like every 15-20 episodes. When you watch a series and know the voices and the next day Goku suddenly has a voice which seems 20 years older it really tends to ruin things. But yea I agree about the censorship thing... although Dragonball had WAY less censoring (See: Goku swimming nude, near nude Bulma, sexual allusions, funny jokes which would never be in DBZ like Bulma giving Oolong that special laxative ^_^ or using Bulma's underwear as bait to catch Oolong when he turned into a fish).
[size=0]Image
Image[/size]

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:30 pm

C'mon, I bet most of us became anime fans when we watched censored versions of the anime series. With all the lame editing that's going around, there a decent chance that those people who watch the edited anime will become anime fans like us thus spreading our interest (not the way we wanted, but meh). Oh this type of complaint will never end.
ImageImage

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:39 pm

Well I have no qualms with censoring for t.v that's expected to have younger audiences.

I just don't like it when they refuse to acknowledge the rest of the anime fanbase =/

It took ...what....*calculates* approximately 9 years for them to bring over uncut Sailor Moon for example.

Return to “General Anime”