who more evil

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

who more evil

Post by ZeWrestler » Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:19 pm

kefka(ff6) or sepfthrof (can't spell 2night, ff7)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:46 pm

sephiroth was a bad ass.

period.

OrionPro001
Org Profile

Post by OrionPro001 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:25 am

Kefka
http://www.orionproductions.org
Where Anime & Music Come Together.

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:47 am

Sadly, I have no idea who Kefka is.

However... Sephiroth was just too damn cool...
furthermore, FF7 is still one of my all time favorite games...

so... Sephiroth gets my vote.

-Uncle Milo

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:27 am

Kefka. Sephiroth may have been a bad ass, but Kefka was psychotic.

jbone
Org Profile

Neither!

Post by jbone » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:10 am

Sephiroth was a tragic villain because he was engineered by a cruel company bent on abusing his abilities and keeping all truth from him.

Less known, however, is that Kefka was driven mad by an accident during early experiments to infuse him with magical ability.

Thus, neither was truly evil - one was driven by revenge, the other was purely insane.

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:53 pm

in my opinion, kefka
there is nothing more beautiful then 1000 voices screaming in unison ~Kefka
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

LongShot
Org Profile

Post by LongShot » Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:56 pm

Sephiroth hands down.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:31 pm

We aren't talking about more badass, we're talking about more EVIL.

FF6 and 7 spoilers ahoy. And sorry if I misremember minor points of FF6's script; it's been years.

I think it's Kefka. Reasons:

Kefka, without a doubt, killed more people and took more joy in it than Sephiroth ever did. Sephiroth is known to have murdered two people, not counting the clones: President Shinra and Aeris. And no matter how much you may want/love/idolize/fetishize Aeris, that is not as devastating as poisoning the entire city of Doma, as Kefka did. And when it comes to widespread destruction, Kefka wins hands-down. Though Sephiroth WAS on his way to destroying the world, he never actually did so. Kefka did, wiping out half the world with the Light of Judgment and turning it into a wasteland.

Both of them were warped by circumstance (and science, in Square's usual science-is-evil, magic-is-good polarity, which only FF8 reversed) - Kefka was warped by the Magitek experiments, and Sephiroth by his original creation and probably by being brought up as a living superweapon.

However, out of those two, consider that Kefka probably chose to go under those experiments. All indications are that he was a regular general, like Leo, before being infused and going bonkers. Seph did not. He was screwed up from before birth onward. So, in that case I'd also tip the scale toward Kefka, for having had some hand in his own insanity.

Now, Hojo and Kefka might be a closer race. IMO Hojo is far and away the "true villain" of FF7; after all, pretty much everything that happened to Seph to make him so insane is traceable back to Hojo. He also orphaned Aeris and made Cloud the psychological freakshow we know and love. ;)

Anyhow, sheer moral depravity, between Kefka and Sephiroth, Kefka absolutely.

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:45 pm

well said

Return to “General Anime”