Cowboy Bebop - English Dub

fungku
Org Profile

Cowboy Bebop - English Dub

Post by fungku » Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:11 am

Has anyone seen the dubbed Bebop series?
Is it worth buying?

I wouldn't mind seeing this in my own language (especially on DVD), if the voice acting is any good....

I wouldn't want to dish out all that cash for crap... 99% of all the dubs I've watched sucked... I've seen some good ones, but I don't even rememebr which now.

Anyway, any comments would be great

Adiamante
Org Profile

Post by Adiamante » Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:14 am

If I remember right it comes with the original subbed track as well. So you can get them and if you don't like it you can watch it in it's original language
-Adiamante
<a href="http://www.randomvariable.net">Random Variable Productions</a>

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:34 am

First of all, yes, the dub is great. Many (of the open minded sect) even hold it above the original Japanese. But yes, if you're getting a DVD, then it doesn't matter, as you'll be getting the original Japanese as well.

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:01 am

its hard to belive these people dont see these dvd's when they go out every day...

Alfirin Sereg Anuir
Org Profile

Post by Alfirin Sereg Anuir » Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:18 am

The dub is good it is all I have seen or I mean heard! It is a seares I also would like to buy if they diden't put it on Adolt Swim
I will beat you!

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:22 am

Yeah, just about everybody agrees that the dub on Cowboy Bebop if great. I like it myself as well, though I prefer the Japanese. It's not that I like subs always, and try to be 1337, it's just that I saw the subs first, and usually which ever one you see first is the one you like better.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:39 pm

thats not true roz...well not for me....when CB first came out in japan the comic book store sold these shitty little fansubs and I own 3 tapes worth and It blew me away how cool this anime was....but then the dub came out and those vhs's or somewhere I dont care to look now...

::hugs all 6 bebop dvd's::

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:12 am

leathel: That's why I worded it the way I did. I said usually it happens, not always. In my case, just about every anime I've seen, I've liked the subbed version better. That doesn't mean I always will, and that doesn't mean that everyone else is like me.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Trepe
Org Profile

Post by Trepe » Fri Aug 30, 2002 3:13 am

If you've seen the Kenshin dubbs first, you're going to watch the entire series thinking: That's not Spike, it's Shishio! And Faye is Yumi. I enjoyed Cowboy Bebop dubbed, but I could not get that out of my head.
Mada mada dane

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:01 am

BEBOP DUBS SUCK!

YOU DO NOT USE BLACK MEN FOR WHITE GUYS VOICES! THAT'S JUST.. OKAY WELL JAMELELE WHITE AS SONIC THE HEDGEHOG WAS A GOOD CHOICE, BUT BUT WELL HEDGEHOG ISN'T A RACE. BAH...

Bebop dub was sad sad sad... plus with all english dubs it's like the producers have no sense of VOLUME! A person across a room should have a slightly quieter voice, they shouldn't all be crystal clear vibrant and LOUD as fuck. Jesus.

~klinky

Return to “General Anime”