Outlaw star 2?

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:28 pm

I pre-ordered the Outlaw Star DVD Box-set for about $68 last week or so. That's only about $23 per two-disc set. ^_^

Best Prices.com

Personally, I think continuing Cowboy Bebop and/or Outlaw Star wouldn't be very feasible from a writing standpoint. They both have pretty conclusive endings that don't really lend themselves very well to a sequel (although a Cowboy Bebop OAV prequel would be very interesting to see).

I'm imagining an Outlaw Star 2, and not having very good visions...

Melfina: I sense that a new Galactic Leyline has formed!! I must strip naked to pilot the Outlaw Star!! ::strips::

Gene: Lets go find it, since we have nothing better to do!! ::drinks much, MUCH beer::

Aisha: ::breaks down the door:: I'll tag along, because everyone loves a horny cat-girl!!

Jim: I'm not 11 anymore!! I'm 16 now!! I'm noticing women!! ::leers at Aisha and naked Melfina:: ::drools::

Suzuka: I made the mistake of drinking too much the night before contract negotiations. Maybe I can get killed early on like Hilda did...

^_^
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:55 am

LMAO. They could always go kill more pirates.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Gotenksisdabest
Org Profile

Post by Gotenksisdabest » Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:25 pm

Chaos Angel wrote:I pre-ordered the Outlaw Star DVD Box-set for about $68 last week or so. That's only about $23 per two-disc set. ^_^

Best Prices.com

Personally, I think continuing Cowboy Bebop and/or Outlaw Star wouldn't be very feasible from a writing standpoint. They both have pretty conclusive endings that don't really lend themselves very well to a sequel (although a Cowboy Bebop OAV prequel would be very interesting to see).

I'm imagining an Outlaw Star 2, and not having very good visions...

Melfina: I sense that a new Galactic Leyline has formed!! I must strip naked to pilot the Outlaw Star!! ::strips::

Gene: Lets go find it, since we have nothing better to do!! ::drinks much, MUCH beer::

Aisha: ::breaks down the door:: I'll tag along, because everyone loves a horny cat-girl!!

Jim: I'm not 11 anymore!! I'm 16 now!! I'm noticing women!! ::leers at Aisha and naked Melfina:: ::drools::

Suzuka: I made the mistake of drinking too much the night before contract negotiations. Maybe I can get killed early on like Hilda did...

^_^
ok frist of all OLS is cool and u suck this is why:
Melfina she get's "naked" to interface with the ship better and the maker of outlaw star was probobly a pev.
Gene he trys to get to the layline to get some $$ not to spazz on time cus he has nothing better to do.
Aisha she is NOT horny! and she does not break down any doors..well mabye one.
Jim well u might be right about him lol
Suzuka she drinks TEA NOT beer idiot!and hilda sacraficed herself to save the crew!

AND I STAND UP FOR WHAT I LIKE!
"look at you, a tough little cookie and a righteous babe all in one "-gene starwind
"it is better to be the God of death than to be the hero of a massacre"-duo

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:44 pm

>_<

Gotenksisdabest, I obviously like Outlaw Star, or I wouldn't have ordered the box set as I mentioned earlier. Why would I order a boxset of a series that I don't like?

Also, parody is often (although not always) a way to jab someone or something we love in the ribs. It's a way of having fun with it.

In other words, it was a joke.

I love Outlaw Star, and I was just poking fun at it. Lighten up.

Gotenksisdabest
Org Profile

Post by Gotenksisdabest » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:48 pm

ok sorry I just like outlaw star.....alot lol :wink: and u could be one of the peeps that has to have ALL the anime (it will never happen) lol
"look at you, a tough little cookie and a righteous babe all in one "-gene starwind

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:36 pm

i don't like outlaw star that much. i mean i know i sound stupid but i don't like anime with helpless people in them, sure gene's a decent fighter and suzuka rules all but all gene had were those caster shots there's nothing special about it all he had to do was point and try to hold the gun steady while some ungodly blast issued forth. thats all he was capable of and i know it sounds like i'm slamming all outlaw star but i really liked the idea and the story and the characters other than gene. gene ruined it for me. any one else notice how he gets slaughtered after the casters run out. if he hadn't made that pitstop at hogone to get those special casters he'd be dead now. and he should be dead anyway cause he put all those at the end of his belt instead of mixing them in so he wouldn't fire them back to back. i just hate the stupidity expresses through the anime he plays it off as skill when Vash could take him too easily. suzuka was gorgeous, i really liked her she was the best part of the whole show and had she not been so concerned with modesty she wouldv'e whouped gene also.

and i don't know anything about an outlaw star 2 but if they make one mabye they'll do to gene what they did to helga. would make it very interesting in my opinion.
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:41 pm

Gotenksisdabest wrote:and u could be one of the peeps that has to have ALL the anime (it will never happen) lol
-Lol, no, I'm not THAT hardcore. I just go for what I like.

Bebop, Eva, Trigun, Lain, waiting for the rest of Excel Saga and Hellsing to come out so I can grab that, need the rest of Niea_7, Outlaw Star should be shipping out early September, just ordered the rest of Saber Marionette J this evening, still need Oh My Goddess and Key the Metal Idol, waiting for FLCL to come out so I can grab that (which reminds me, I should check up on FLCL), need to get around to trying out His and Her Circumstances and and Boogiepop Phantom to see if I like those...

My anime to-do list is unending, but not all-encompassing. ^_^

ROCK!!

BaHaRa
Org Profile

Post by BaHaRa » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:42 pm

Gatsthedarksword wrote:i don't like outlaw star that much. i mean i know i sound stupid but i don't like anime with helpless people in them, sure gene's a decent fighter and suzuka rules all but all gene had were those caster shots there's nothing special about it all he had to do was point and try to hold the gun steady while some ungodly blast issued forth. thats all he was capable of and i know it sounds like i'm slamming all outlaw star but i really liked the idea and the story and the characters other than gene. gene ruined it for me. any one else notice how he gets slaughtered after the casters run out. if he hadn't made that pitstop at hogone to get those special casters he'd be dead now. and he should be dead anyway cause he put all those at the end of his belt instead of mixing them in so he wouldn't fire them back to back. i just hate the stupidity expresses through the anime he plays it off as skill when Vash could take him too easily. suzuka was gorgeous, i really liked her she was the best part of the whole show and had she not been so concerned with modesty she wouldv'e whouped gene also.

and i don't know anything about an outlaw star 2 but if they make one mabye they'll do to gene what they did to helga. would make it very interesting in my opinion.

heh thats kinda funny, one of the reasons i liked OLS was because Gene was relatively normal (for an anime main char) yet still kicked ass. I don't like a character just because theya re strong nor do i dislike one if they aren't. Maybe you should try not to sound so factual in your posts since all that you is pure opinion (as is most stuff on forums) and you may offend some of the more hardcore fans (just a suggestion)

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:35 pm

Gene was cool. He was better than the average Joe too, just look at the way he dicked on those pirate lackies in the first ep (And throughout the series), or his fights with Aisha and Suzuka, he owned Suzuka using no castor and held his own against Aisha for quite some time. Plus his piloting was cool, people seem to forget the majority of the fighting in OLS is in spacecraft.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Gotenksisdabest
Org Profile

Post by Gotenksisdabest » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:37 pm

ya but he did not just use his caster he has other guns and a...dager of was that a sword...was it both?it was werd...but ppl forget that he has more than just a caster. :roll:

Return to “General Anime”