aika

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

aika

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:35 pm

okay my friend bought me this anime called aika for my birthday, problem is it's the last three episodes of the series and i gotta ask those of you who have seen it

what the fuck? i mean whats the deal it seems to be absolutley pointless other than the gratuitis panty shots which is good enough reason to see it. and how is it she turns into somekind of blue haired super hero? well any information you can give me as to whats been going on in the series so the ending makes sense will be much apreciated.
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

NicholasDWolfwood
Org Profile

Post by NicholasDWolfwood » Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:40 pm

It's called Agent Aika, and as far as I know, it's only 4 or 5 eps, I think it's an OVA.

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:46 pm

Possible spoilers...

Possible spoilers...

Possible spoilers...

First and foremost, Aika, despite it's fanservice/ecchi aspect, is something of a spoof of both fanservice anime and spy movies.

As for plot:
Most of the planet is underwater because of an experiment with a mysterious substance called "Lagu" gone wrong. Aika is a salvager, people who go underwater and try to get records, data, and technology lost in the disaster. Somehow or other, Aika gets involved in having to retrieve Lagu for some people. A mysterious guy and his sister, who he apparently has a fucked up fucking relationship with, steal the Lagu for their (his) own purposes, which seems to be to clearing the old world out and creating a utopia on earth (a nod to "Moonraker"). Aika has to stop him. As for changing color, Aika is the only survivor of a different experiment with Lagu, I think. Go from there. Personally, I like the series, and not just because of the fanservice. It's fun.
I'm out...

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:49 pm

It is an OVA series. I think there are two, to be exact. "Naked Missions", the original, and "Final Battle".
I'm out...

TekkaRepliroid Zero
Org Profile

Post by TekkaRepliroid Zero » Sun Aug 25, 2002 11:10 am

It's hilarious, we timed it, every 12 seconds more or less. I've only seen the first 3, I remember people wondering how/why they'd make another 3. Well, from a marketing P.O.V. I can see why, but still. Even as the spoof it is, why make more when it was wrapped up after ep. 3? :roll:
<i>TekkaRepliroid Zero</i>
I'll Never be the One that she Needs (first DL-able vid, ops appreciated)
"OOW, Why does it huuuuuuurt?!" - Zim
"Ooonly if you dance with meeeee" - GIR

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:12 am

GIMME MORE AIKA DAMNIT!

GOTTA LOVE THE FANSERVICE!

:shock:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:50 pm

Check out NAJICA BLITZ TACTIC!!! It's like Noir meets Aika.

Return to “General Anime”