Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:23 am

crap... i ripped the wrong VOB files..

and im too tired to redo it..

i'll do it tomorrow. -_-

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:41 pm

Yea I got all the dvd's also....Such a great series...

KLin
Org Profile

Post by KLin » Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:30 pm

I have a much simpler way of doing it. I have the end of the series on DVD. (Bought my best friend the box set though. :D)

First, you need a audio dub cable and adapter. (They're very cheap like $4 or less at radio shack) plug one end into one or both of your speaker outputs and the other into your line input on your sound card. (Refer to your sound card manual if you don't know which is which) Load the DVD and fast forward to the point or just before the point where you want to get the voice clip and pause it. (Optionally create a bookmark just in case you mess up or want to rerecord it, my player has this option, hopefully yours does too. :) ) Make sure you have the line input unmuted before you begin recording. Start up a wav recording program (I use Creative Lab's Wave Studio) and make sure it's recording settings have your sound card's line input as the recording device. Press the record button on the wav recording program first. It's okay if you record a bunch of silence in the beginning, you can easily edit it out afterwards. Unpause the DVD, once the sequence is over, stop or pause your DVD and stop recording on your wav recording program. Edit the wav file till you are content it only has what you need. (You can also mess around with it's bitrate and amplitude for quality, and optionally convert it to MP3 to conserve space later on if you need.)

Note that this technique works for anything that can be output from your computer's speakers. :> And if you have two speaker outputs you can use only one of your speaker outputs for the output and use an earphone or speaker on the other to keep track of when to start and stop recording.

Return to “General Anime”