Escaflowne

Rini210
Org Profile

Escaflowne

Post by Rini210 » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:25 pm

I heard that it's on fox/coming on fox. I don't really know anything about it. Has it premiered yet, or not? I'd really appreciate knowing.

I don't feel like downloaded the episodes and I definately have the patience to sit through a dubbed anime.
<i>"Kano, quit reading my mind! Quit it!" - Miyazawa Yukino</i>
I wish I were a penguin in a past life.
..::Pink Poof::.. | <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =34361">My profile</a>
<b>Faerie Fan!</b>

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:26 pm

It's been on Fox already, last time I checked.

It was a bad fiasco, apparently.
I'm out...

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:33 pm

yeah its been on fox...but didn't they stop showing it.

and i miss those afternoon cartoons they used to show... >_<x why dont' they show those anymore?!?! WHY?!?!??!

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:08 am

priuscomet wrote:and i miss those afternoon cartoons they used to show... >_<x why dont' they show those anymore?!?! WHY?!?!??!
Yup, I miss those old days too. Now it`s stuff like People`s Court and Jerry Springer. No thanks! :x

Anyways, I haven`t heard of Escaflowne coming back. And if it does, who knows what will happen. They`ll get bombareded with question like: why bring it back, if you didn`t even finish the series the first time around. And besides, are they going to show the moderately cut dubbed version (I saw it on YTV :D ) or the horribly cut FOX version :cry: .

If they have the better version, it should be good. I don`t know if I could wait for every saturday, just to watch one episode, but who knows, I might learn patience.

So, anyways, Vision of Escaflowne is a really great anime. Definitely, one of my top favourite! If it is on, and you haven`t seen it, you`re in for a treat.

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:56 am

Yeah... Escaflowne on TV was mangled and mauled in all ways I can think of. While I have a few issues with Escaflowne, I think it's a good series and that what was done to it on US TV was a crime.

Check it out on DVD or VHS where you can see it as it should be seen.

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.

aaronlye
Org Profile

Post by aaronlye » Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:45 am

I heard they cut it up severely - tried to make it more action-based and male-oriented by taking out the romance bits... also heard they completely scrapped the whole first episode?
なあ。。。今はどうする?
Sandrock www.sandrockproductions.com

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:42 am

UncleMilo wrote:Yeah... Escaflowne on TV was mangled and mauled in all ways I can think of. While I have a few issues with Escaflowne, I think it's a good series and that what was done to it on US TV was a crime.

Check it out on DVD or VHS where you can see it as it should be seen.

-Uncle Milo
Exactly. They didn't even SHOW the first episode of it on FOX. :-P They slaughtered it even more than they did CCS when they released "Card Captors" on WB, if that gives you a reference point - which is also why they never finished airing it - slaughtering anime + showing it on TV = bad ratings (as opposed to just editing it a little like they usually do on CN - that's how you get new fans :wink: )
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Return to “General Anime”