Anyone here seen Rurouni Kenshin Seisounen?

BigshotSpike
Org Profile

Anyone here seen Rurouni Kenshin Seisounen?

Post by BigshotSpike » Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:38 pm

I saw the second OVA about 2 weeks ago (and am now completing a video to them). I must say that I was very impressed. Usually some sequels can tend to suck, but everything that made the first OVA series great was kept in these.
I loved the animation style, which I believe was even more beautifully drawn than the first OVA series (which was also excellent).
One thing that I noticed that was way different from the first OVA is that the mood wasn't as dark. There were many settings with heavy sunlight, more than the first OVA. That's because these OVAs probably weren't intended to be very dark (considering Kenshin was no longer Hitokiri Battousai).
The music was nice as well, very similar to the first OVA series (with some songs taken from it).

*HEAVY SPOILERS BELOW!!!!*

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

*heavy applause*

I thought the ending was excellent. Some people may disagree and that's fine, but I believe that this OVA had one of the most emotionally gut wrenching conclusions I've seen recently. Though it was very sad it was also extremely well executed and beautiful.
Seeing Kenshin die was hard to handle, but I liked how they showed how his scar disappeared. There's a sense of glory in there.
I also liked how they left it open for continuation with Kenji and that other girl he was with.

I'm glad that I was able to see one last 1.5 hours of classic Kenshin.

Has anyone else here seen them? did you like them?

afleetinghope
Org Profile

Post by afleetinghope » Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:03 pm

I thought everyone had seen it months ago. Didn't think it was anything special, just the ending of the manga.

Should of done the Enishi fight better though.
Video of the moment - Nightowl - Love is Flowers

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:31 pm

I think it sucked...

Kaoru was a big fuckin' wimp...... Kaoru had zero charm, she was just there to cry.....

Kenshin seemed less impressive.....Plus the begining intro... "please watch with all your heart the finale of Kenshin"... that went on for 5minutes.....

~klinky

BuddyCole
Org Profile

Post by BuddyCole » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:12 pm

The first half sucked because it was just a summary of every big fight Kenshin had during the episodes. I thought the second part was ok but the the little arguement Kenshin had with Tomoe's brother was pathetic. How could he give up so easily if he waited his entire life to avenge her death? It was like he thought about it for two seconds and then said "Oh, ok. Maybe you're not such a bad guy after all for killing her fiancee, loving her, and killing her." I needed something more from the movie in general.

afleetinghope
Org Profile

Post by afleetinghope » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:17 pm

They didn't explain it that well in the episode, but Enishi stopped the fight because he thought Tomoe wanted him too.
Video of the moment - Nightowl - Love is Flowers

battousai_the_manslayer
Org Profile

Post by battousai_the_manslayer » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:41 pm

personally, I enjoyed the new OVA. even though it was depressing ((my brother says the characters are just empty shells of the characters from the series..))
The artwork was outstanding. Kinda sad to see Kenshin lose to a disease like that, but it was very well done, imho. Sad, but the end wrapped things up enough to satisfy me ^_^
GATCHA BA GOOSE!
~elf princess rane~~

Return to “General Anime”