The time has come

bloodyfang
Org Profile

The time has come

Post by bloodyfang » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:04 pm

ok. It looks like i am finally getting a dvd player.

i'm just wondering if anyone could suggest any good anime dvd's.

This crappy town only has four anime dvd's

Akira, Metropolis, Jin-Roh and a Robotech episode volume.

i'm gonna get Akira and Jin-Roh.

Probably have to order any others or buy them whenever i get a chance to visit a suncoast.

If you want to flame me than go ahead.
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:53 pm

if you get a chance to order anime i would highly recomend city hunter, the series or the movie. unless of course your dvd player is gonna be out in the family room or something but if whoever you live with doesn't mind akira they probably won't mind that. other than that i suggest looking on the internet for the three dvd box set of berserk, sure it's subtitled but i got the hole series for like 74 bucks and the includes shipping. 24 episodes on seperate dvds might end up costing you twice that once they translate it. lets see if what you say is true you gonna rely hevily on a credit card or checking accont or whatever you use to buy anime online. well whatever you do best of luck to you
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:57 pm

If you want something comedy, Excel Saga is funny.
ImageImage

Dark Kamui
Org Profile

Post by Dark Kamui » Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:55 am

Get Read Or Die.

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:22 am

I would get that Metropolis DVD. I have it myself, and really enjoyed it. It has some great animation and another DVD (one of those smaller ones, like for GameCube) for the extras. I thought it was worth my money.

akatoro
Org Profile

Post by akatoro » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:52 am

I never really got into Metropolis, stopped watching it halfway. I'm sure it's good if you can 'get into it' some more.
Otherwise I'd recommend Excel Saga, I've already ordered it =)
People that rocks my socks: Uncle Milo
AnimeJedi
MistyCaldwell

Return to “General Anime”